News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 11, 2020, 03:34:14 PM
I am busy at the moment takes time for me to look at. I may have time in a week or so. I haven't had others have that issue...

Ok thanks for the reply

Xpresskonami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 11, 2020, 03:34:14 PM
I am busy at the moment takes time for me to look at. I may have time in a week or so. I haven't had others have that issue...
Please when will you actually get back to me over this error??

vbgamer45

Maybe in two weeks.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Xpresskonami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 13, 2020, 01:45:53 PM
Maybe in two weeks.

OMG. That's too long!! Anyway u did your part.

Xpresskonami

Plus

this ****** make fake url in my google index.

https://www.turkishairforce.org/havacilik-haberleri/turkiye-havacilik-ve-uzay-sanayii-(tai)-hakkinda-genel-bilgiler/
https://www.turkishairforce.org/havacilik-haberleri/turk-f-16'lari-ve-aesa-sar-radar-ve-hmcs/

whats the solution ?

vbgamer45

What's the issue? Did you change the title of the url?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Plus

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 21, 2020, 10:17:13 PM
What's the issue? Did you change the title of the url?

no a lot of url indexing by google but there arent on my website ... pretty url make them how can i solute it.

vbgamer45

Make sure you have alll the file edits.
Your forum is missing the noindex tag if the topic doesn't exist...

Upload the package to https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and make sure all edits are made to your forum.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

shadav

saw there was an update to the mod, though i'm sure I've missed several....
do I need to uninstall then reinstall the update or are there just file replacements that I can do, and if so which ones?
I had 2.0.15 and upgraded to 2.0.17 so making sure mods are updated as well
My admin says that I have v2.1.4b of pretty urls....
Thank you

vbgamer45

Best way if you can uninstall old one first. If not install on top if it allows.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Xpresskonami on March 11, 2020, 11:34:41 AM
Quote from: Xpresskonami on February 23, 2020, 12:15:21 AM
Please i discovered low indexing from my google webmaster tools. i tried to check the search performance and i see my forum pretty url stop working on sitemap.xml

All my submitted topic and board has now change from www.url.com/this-is-my-forum/ to www.url.com/index.php?topic=143.0 And my pretty url is working fine on my website. How can i fix this??

My issues about the error am facing on the rewrite url is not from "Optimus Brave" Before I could update the Optimus brave to lastest version, I have been facing the error.

If I disable the pretty url mod the forum url work fine with no error including the sitemap url.

But if I enable the pretty url mod. The url automatically change to this

www.url.com/index.php?board;=1.0

What I later found in this error is, when I disable the pretty url, the working url link is like this www.url.com/index.php?board=1.0

But after I enable pretty url, this symbol ; is added after index.php?board;=1.0

What has cause the url to convert the link to that automatically?? I later install the latest version of pretty url mod so I can see maybe the problem is from the old version. But the error is still the same.

If I disable the pretty url, the url links re all working fine including on sitemap!..

The errors on this matter has occurred in my forum. Pretty url seem to stop working with my Optimus Brave mod. The error stopped few weeks ago but today I discovered that my urls has totally rewrite to www.url.com/topic;=1234.0 on my sitemap url. And the pretty url mod is working fine on forum.

I have to RUN the sitemap schedule task before the urls with rewrite to www.url.com/smf-forum-software/

Maxxim

@vbgamer45

1) Thank you very much for the very useful mod!
2) Looks like the cause of the error reported in 2012 and 2015 still hasn't been addressed.

vbgamer45

2. Unsure of the cause of it at this time. I have it defeind on install.php....not sure why it would still occur.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Maxxim

@vbgamer45

Well, at least it was easy to fix after some googling. :)

However, I think I've now run into a problem that no amount of googling can help me solve. I've spent hours poring over (severely outdated) forum posts, documentation articles and configuration pages, with zero results.

Pretty URLs 2.3 refuses to "prettify" _any_ URLs generated by TinyPortal 1.6.6 on SMF 2.0.17. I have only these two mods installed on my test system, as both are essential for my task of migrating a large forum from an antiquated platform onto one that is more modern and sustainable, and I'm trying to avoid any mod conflicts. I would appreciate any help and suggestions from both mod authors and the community at large.

vbgamer45

A custom filter/rule would need to be built to handle tinyportal.
I do have one for older versions of TP that might still work. Just handles TinyPortal articles.

Attached.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Maxxim

Thanks a lot, @vbgamer45, I have tested your custom filter and can confirm it still works!

Wouldn't it be too much to ask of you to make it handle TinyPortal categories (?cat=) in addition to articles? This would be very helpful to those who are trying to keep their static text content neatly categorized, accessible and easily indexable.

shadav

ok starting up a new project and installed this and ran into a strange error
I could not use the menu (either frontend or admin)
front end the dropdown menu wouldn't work at all, admin the dropdown menu would dropdown but none of the "links" were clickable....

with the newest pretty url's installed (2.3)
on a 2.0.17
with these others installed
Sorted Package Manager Listing
Anti-Spam Links
Optimus
Unknown Actions
Sisyphus
Custom BBCodes Manager

using theme Greeny

it seems to only be this theme that is having this issue, I check other themes installed and they all work
any suggestions?

AllanD

Just installed on 2.1 RC2 and now getting a 503 error and can't access anything. I checked the .htaccess and the rewrite is there, any help would be great.
A direct link is http://www.host-hunters.com/smf/index.php  since I am converting from Xenforo. On a side note Maintenance mode is on, but can't back in admin to disable it or uninstall mod.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

shadav

use the paraphraser on the download page and make sure all edits were done
if still after that it's not working use the paraphraser to find the edits and revert them

Advertisement: