News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

engrz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 16, 2022, 07:39:45 AMWhat sitemap mod? Probably requires edits.

Im using pretty urls and optimus seo mod. All urls are pretty but urls in sitemap at https://www.engrz.com/sitemap.xml are not pretty.

Google is blocking this structure and is not indexing. I have tried uninstalling prettry url mod and result in google shows url is availe for indexing.

Actually, i want to use prettry urls or is there any other way to set seo friendly urls without pretty urls mod?

vbgamer45

Optimus has a pretty urls feature i think too
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

engrz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 16, 2022, 02:24:05 PMOptimus has a pretty urls feature i think too

Can you help me to track pretty urls feature in optimus? im unable to find.

Shades.

Quote from: engrz on March 17, 2022, 01:20:51 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 16, 2022, 02:24:05 PMOptimus has a pretty urls feature i think too

Can you help me to track pretty urls feature in optimus? im unable to find.
It's an addon that doesn't come pre-installed on optimus. You'll have to ask the author over in the Optimus thread. ;)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

BigSerge

Hi. I have uninstalled the pretty urls mod, and in the admin panel I still have a link Pretty Urls. When I click on it, I get this fatal error.

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home///forums/Sources/PrettyUrls.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear') in /home///forums/Sources/Admin.php on line 529

Forum version: SMF 2.0.19

I have already manually checked all files installed by the mod, and all modifications, and everything seems to have been uninstalled. I don't understand why I still have the link in the admin panel and the fatal error. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: BigSerge on March 29, 2022, 05:33:41 PMHi. I have uninstalled the pretty urls mod, and in the admin panel I still have a link Pretty Urls. When I click on it, I get this fatal error.

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home///forums/Sources/PrettyUrls.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear') in /home///forums/Sources/Admin.php on line 529

Forum version: SMF 2.0.19

I have already manually checked all files installed by the mod, and all modifications, and everything seems to have been uninstalled. I don't understand why I still have the link in the admin panel and the fatal error. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

It looks like the mod has not been removed properly. How did you uninstall it btw? Did you clcik the Uninstall button from the Package Manager, or the Delete one?

You can use the Fix Packages tool to do a thorough removal/uninstallation of it.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manually_setting_a_package_installed_or_uninstalled

BigSerge

Yes, I uninstalled it correctly, clicking the Uninstall button from the Package Manager.

I will try the link you gave me. Thanks.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: BigSerge on March 29, 2022, 05:50:02 PMYes, I uninstalled it correctly, clicking the Uninstall button from the Package Manager.

I will try the link you gave me. Thanks.

You are welcome.

BigSerge

I used the file and marked the Mod as installed, so it was again on the list of installed Mods, and I could click the Uninstall button, but, when I clicked the button I got this:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to find package file!

I have no idea why this is happening. Today I found that all the info about the Mod was still on the htaccess file, but, I removed it, and I still have the error.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: BigSerge on March 29, 2022, 06:02:38 PMI used the file and marked the Mod as installed, so it was again on the list of installed Mods, and I could click the Uninstall button, but, when I clicked the button I got this:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to find package file!

I have no idea why this is happening. Today I found that all the info about the Mod was still on the htaccess file, but, I removed it, and I still have the error.

Can you re-install it, and then uninstall it again? Hopefully this time it will be removed/uninstalled correctly.

BigSerge

No chance. Installed and uninstalled two times, and it did not solve the problem.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: BigSerge on March 29, 2022, 06:32:28 PMNo chance. Installed and uninstalled two times, and it did not solve the problem.

Can you go through the parser and undo all the changes manually?

You can try something else as well. That is to uninstall all the mods in one go by overwritting your forum files with those from the large 2.0.19 package. Please note that this method will also undo any manual edits that you might have done, so you want to make a backup of all the edited files, if any. This method should work for sure.

Hope it helps.

BigSerge

Like I said on my first message here, I checked all the modifications the Mod does, and all the files it installs, and all was clean.

The second option you suggest, it is a problem for me, because I changed a few things before, but I already do not remember, so it will bring me more problems than the one I have that only affects me as admin, and does not interfere with the visitors or members of the forum.

Thanks anyway.

-Rock Lee-

@BigSerge you have to reset the values when uninstalling the mod (or have it configured so that it does not modify everything) it will give you an error, in a clean file in the root of your forum add this:

<?php
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
require_once(
$sourcedir '/Subs-PrettyUrls.php');
updateSettings(array('pretty_root_url' => $boardurl));
pretty_update_filters();
?>

then you should be able to log in with no problem.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

BigSerge

Quote from: -Rock Lee- on March 30, 2022, 07:00:42 PM@BigSerge you have to reset the values when uninstalling the mod (or have it configured so that it does not modify everything) it will give you an error, in a clean file in the root of your forum add this:

<?php
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
require_once(
$sourcedir '/Subs-PrettyUrls.php');
updateSettings(array('pretty_root_url' => $boardurl));
pretty_update_filters();
?>

then you should be able to log in with no problem.

Regards!

I inserted the code you posted here, in a clean txt file, and uploaded it to the root of my forum, but, it did not change anything. I still have the "prettyurls" link on my admin panel, and the fatal error when I click on it.

How do I reset the values when uninstalling the mod? I do not understand this, because unistalling the Mod is just clicking the "uninstall" link, and then delete the files.

Could you please clarify?
Thanks

-Rock Lee-

After uploading it to the root of your host, did you enter that file via url? it should show you a blank screen. After that delete what appears in the .htaccess if there is leftover code, that should work (sometimes you have to repair some addresses by hand in the SMF configuration) otherwise you can use repair settings.

Regards!

chadon

Quote from: ForumMustang.com on February 14, 2019, 09:17:31 PM
Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on February 07, 2019, 11:33:10 PMSMF 2.1 RC1 update
!Fixed bug with popup login form not working.
Hi, is there a reverter planned for SMF 2.1 RC1?
I tried prettyurls-reverter-1-0RC2.zip but there are too many manual modifications to do and I am not sure of the result.
Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 14, 2019, 09:25:36 PMPossibly probably for final.
2.1 is now final, is there anything new about the reverter?

BigSerge

Quote from: -Rock Lee- on March 31, 2022, 08:51:35 PMAfter uploading it to the root of your host, did you enter that file via url? it should show you a blank screen. After that delete what appears in the .htaccess if there is leftover code, that should work (sometimes you have to repair some addresses by hand in the SMF configuration) otherwise you can use repair settings.

Regards!

I did not enter the file via url before, but I did it now. I saw only the code on the top left corner of the page, and the rest of the page was blank.

Then I removed the prettyurls code on the .htaccess file. Nothing changed.

Quotesometimes you have to repair some addresses by hand in the SMF configuration
- Which addresses are you referring to? And where in the smf configuration should I do this?

Thanks
Regards

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: BigSerge on April 01, 2022, 11:21:07 AMI did not enter the file via url before, but I did it now. I saw only the code on the top left corner of the page, and the rest of the page was blank.

Then I removed the prettyurls code on the .htaccess file. Nothing changed.

It should work because it returns the urls to normal, and only some of the code would remain in .htaccess but it shouldn't affect it. What version of SMF do you have? what is the url of the site in question?

Regards!

BigSerge

QuoteIt should work because it returns the urls to normal, and only some of the code would remain in .htaccess but it shouldn't affect it. What version of SMF do you have? what is the url of the site in question?

Regards!

The URLs were already normal before, I didn't have any pretty URLs after uninstalling the Mod.

The only small problem I have is the Pretty URLs link on the Configuration part of the Admin Panel, and when I click this link, I get the fatal error you can see on the screenshots. So the only "problem" is this link that for some reason stays there.

I do not have any other errors or problems with any URL. All URLs are the usuall ones like they should be without the pretty URLs Mod. The forum is also working well, without any other bugs or errors. This error only affects myself because nobody is seeing it. But it is just weird why that link is still there. 

I prefer not posting here any info about my site.

Thank you.

Advertisement: