Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Schenker

eldʌka,
Thanks again for the information.  I think I'll download Pretty URLS and then update later, if and when a new version is ready.

Goad

Using 1.1.1 I get this error on install

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
File: /homepages/xx/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/scjb-test/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 61

Dannii

What mysql version do you have?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

glennk

HI Eldaka,

what are your thoughts on supplemental results with regards to pretty urls ?

Every page of my forum is in supplemental. Do you think this is anything to do with duplicate content ? Is there anyway we can get rid of the duplicate content ?

Kindest regards - Glenn

Dannii

Your pages shouldn't be indexed as duplicate content in 1.1 because of the noindex meta tag.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

matasanos

it has taken down my forum
please..some help

i have "installed" it trough package manager...but when it was being installed...the page get completely white...and thats was all....then ...this package isn't in the list of installed packages...but i have the option to enable it...
and when i want to enter to a board..or read a message..it says ERROR....

someone knows how to solve it?

schled

Quote from: matasanos on May 19, 2007, 04:45:51 PM
i have "installed" it trough package manager...but when it was being installed...the page get completely white...and thats was all....then ...this package isn't in the list of installed packages...but i have the option to enable it...
and when i want to enter to a board..or read a message..it says ERROR....

someone knows how to solve it?

A little difficult to help without knowing what the exact error is but try http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.msg1077220#msg1077220 to be able to access the boards.

Dannii

Anything in your error log?

matasanos

yes

Unknown column 'ID_BOARD' in 'field list'
File: /var/www/vhosts/lords-beer.info/httpdocs/foro/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1639

Dannii

mladja04

Quote from: Goad on May 16, 2007, 04:32:54 PM
Using 1.1.1 I get this error on install

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
File: /homepages/xx/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/scjb-test/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 61

I have 1.1.2. version of SMF and download and try to install prettyurls-base_0_6.tar.gz  but get this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (`u' at line 5
Datoteka: /home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/forum/Packages/temp/install.php
Linija: 61

What I to do to solve this problem please?

Dannii

mladja04

My MySql version is: 3.23.58

Client API version  3.23.58  

mladja04

Quote from: mladja04 on May 21, 2007, 08:24:18 AM
My MySql version is: 3.23.58

Client API version  3.23.58  

This is problem - my mysql version or some else?

Dannii

I think so. I've only tested with MySQL 4 and 5 (curiously the server with MySQL 4 has PHP 5 and the server with MySQL 5 has PHP 4...) but as SMF officially supports MySQL 3.23.4+, I'm sure I can get it to work for you too.

mark1987

Hi,

I really liked the look of this mod so I applied it, but noticed it was causing problems with relative URLs that I'd included in a custom theme. So I disabled it whilst I fixed those, but it rendered my boards useless  - when I tried to get into any board, FireFox told me that the page was trying to redirect in a way that could not be completed, i.e. caught in an infinite loop.

I've since re-enabled it and things are working fine, but I still think this is a bug.

Dannii

What should the relative URLs be, and what are they being changed to?
What did you disable? The tick box in the Features and Options page?

mark1987

Quote from: eldʌkaː on May 22, 2007, 10:27:10 AM
What should the relative URLs be, and what are they being changed to?
No, sorry...that wasn't the issue I was having. That was just background to how I found the problem. But for those who are interested, I had a couple of URL's that were of the form '<a href="../page.php">,' but because this mod fools the browser into thinking that the user is in a sub-directory, they went up to the wrong place (if that makes sense). I've fixed them by simply using absolute URLs.

My problem was with being frozen out of boards after removing the mod.

Dannii

I think I've found the problem:
Sources/Display.php:
Code (find) Select
// 301 redirects
if (isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']))

Code (replace) Select
// 301 redirects
if (isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']) && $modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'])

Sources/MessageIndex.php:
Code (find) Select
// 301 redirects
if (isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']) || $_REQUEST['board'] != $context['pretty']['board_urls'][$board])

Code (replace) Select
// 301 redirects
if ((isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']) || $_REQUEST['board'] != $context['pretty']['board_urls'][$board]) && $modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'])

mark1987

That seems to have fixed it. (Although I'll be keeping the mod applied anway!)

Advertisement: