Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goad

Quote from: Goad on May 16, 2007, 04:32:54 PM
Using 1.1.1 I get this error on install

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
File: /homepages/xx/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/scjb-test/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 61

Quote from: eldʌkaː on May 16, 2007, 10:54:42 PM
What mysql version do you have?

4.0  ;D

[Lucien]

Perfect mod!! Works like a charm, thanks for this  :D
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

Goad

still getting this one....

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
File: /homepages/29/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/xxxxx/Packages/temp/install.php

i'd love to get this thing workin  >:(

EBK

If after installed this mod I see 404 error page on forum's topics URLs, what does it means?

How can fix it?

smckeown

Does anyone know if this will work with a MS windows IIS server?
Thanks
Scott
Scott
SMF forum - http://www.pressurepointkarate.com/newforum [nofollow]

saosangmo

I download version 0.7 some minutes ago, how to update my old verion?

madalin

Glad to see you fixed it :P

Quote from: saosangmo on June 12, 2007, 01:12:21 AM
I download version 0.7 some minutes ago, how to update my old verion?

Installed and it works. For anybody who needs to install the latest version UNINSTALL the old one and INSTALL the latest one. The error regarding new boards/forums was fixed.

With great power, comes great responsability.
hxxp:www.tg-jiu.ro [nonactive], and hxxp:www.tg-jiu.ro/forum/ [nonactive]

Goad

Quote from: Goad on June 08, 2007, 05:35:44 PM
still getting this one....

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
File: /homepages/29/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/xxxxx/Packages/temp/install.php

i'd love to get this thing workin  >:(

0.7 fixed this issue....now im getting the 404 error on all pretty urls.

Dannii

Quote from: EBK on June 09, 2007, 03:39:57 PMIf after installed this mod I see 404 error page on forum's topics URLs, what does it means?
If you try with 0.7 does it still give errors?

Quote from: smckeown on June 11, 2007, 03:55:44 PMDoes anyone know if this will work with a MS windows IIS server?
If there is some sort of rewriting module it should be possible.

Quote from: saosangmo on June 12, 2007, 01:12:21 AMI download version 0.7 some minutes ago, how to update my old verion?
Uninstall the old, and then reinstall the new. Once I get to version 1.0, I'll make the next updates be properly upgradeable.

Quote from: Goad on June 13, 2007, 01:45:46 PM0.7 fixed this issue....now im getting the 404 error on all pretty urls.
Can you post your .htaccess
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

glennk

Hi Eldaka,

Glenn here again.

Still fighting with supplemenatl pages.

I have checked both these urls through a spider checker and both are readable by google.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,899.0.htm

and

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/north-east-coast-fishing/bass-fishing-match-bridlington-beach/0/

Could this be the reason why I have supplemental  site wide forum results ?

Dannii

No, it doesn't matter if they're readable, unless they're linked to somewhere, and the first shouldn't be linked to anywhere.

But.. it should be redirected with a 301.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

glennk

Hi Eldaka,

Thanks for the reply. Google is a bit of a pain and has a habbit of finding these things. There are quite a few pages in my forum that google knows are there twice. If you do a search for a topic and then put up the resulting url it is in the old format. Google actually did index quite a few of my topics twice and I did 301 them but to 301 the whole forum would be a difficulty with over 1000 topics now.

Is anyone else reading this getting sitewide supplemental results ? Or is there anyone out there with this mod installed getting the majority of their pages listed in googles main index ?

Is there another reason for what I am experiencing, am I being paranoid blaiming it on the pretty urls mod ?

Many thanks - Glenn

Dannii

The mod should automatically redirect the oldstyle urls with 301s. I'll have a look at the code, maybe it won't always do it..

glennk

Thanks Eldackar

Ive just realised my pretty urls version is a little out of date. Will an update help ??

Only thing is I am getting an error message on the uninstall option.

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./SSI.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/PackageGet.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/QueryString.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Post.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
9.    Delete File    ./Sources/Subs-PrettyUrls.php    
10.    Delete File    ./example.htaccess

Dannii

Yes upgrading will help.
Any other mods installed afterwards? You should be able to uninstall it and make the change manually to index.php, theres just one I think.

glennk

Ok I uninstalled both parts of  0.4 (that was an old version) and have now installed both parts of 0.7.

At the moment the urls are still in the old format and I get this above the forum header banner

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 166 of 731 bytes in /mounted-storage/home28b/sub001/sc24906-HICM/glennk/whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php on line 82
// Pretty URLs mod $txt['pretty_root_url'] = 'Pretty URLs root URL
(Without a final slash)
'; $txt['pretty_enable_filters'] = 'Enable URL filters
This may be a substantial performance hit
';

Dannii

Can you post your ModSettings.english.php
You don't need to install the other 0.7 packages other than the Base btw. The others are optional, though if most people do install them, I'll include them in the Base later on.

glennk

Quote from: eldʌkaː on June 16, 2007, 10:19:55 AM
Can you post your ModSettings.english.php

Yes. What folder is it in please I cant locate this file

glennk

Ok located it. Never been in the language bit before.

<?php
// Version: 1.1; ModSettings

$txt['smf3'] = 'This page allows you to change the settings of features, mods, and basic options in your forum.  Please see the <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=theme;sa=settings;th=' . $settings['theme_id'] . ';sesc=' . $context['session_id'] . '">theme settings</a> for more options.  Click the help icons for more information about a setting.';

$txt['mods_cat_features'] = 'Basic Features';
$txt['pollMode'] = 'Poll mode';
$txt['smf34'] = 'Disable polls';
$txt['smf32'] = 'Enable polls';
$txt['smf33'] = 'Show existing polls as topics';
$txt['allow_guestAccess'] = 'Allow guests to browse the forum';
$txt['userLanguage'] = 'Enable user-selectable language support';
$txt['allow_editDisplayName'] = 'Allow users to edit their displayed name?';
$txt['allow_hideOnline'] = 'Allow non-administrators to hide their online status?';
$txt['allow_hideEmail'] = 'Allow users to hide their email from everyone except admins?';
$txt['guest_hideContacts'] = 'Do not reveal contact details of members to guests';
$txt['titlesEnable'] = 'Enable custom titles';
$txt['enable_buddylist'] = 'Enable buddy lists';
$txt['default_personalText'] = 'Default personal text';
$txt['max_signatureLength'] = 'Maximum allowed characters in signatures<div class="smalltext">(0 for no max.)</div>';
$txt['number_format'] = 'Default number format';
$txt['time_format'] = 'Default time format';
$txt['time_offset'] = 'Overall time offset<div class="smalltext">(added to the member specific option.)</div>';
$txt['failed_login_threshold'] = 'Failed login threshold';
$txt['lastActive'] = 'User online time threshold';
$txt['trackStats'] = 'Track daily statistics';
$txt['hitStats'] = 'Track daily page views (must have stats enabled)';
$txt['enableCompressedOutput'] = 'Enable compressed output';
$txt['databaseSession_enable'] = 'Use database driven sessions';
$txt['databaseSession_loose'] = 'Allow browsers to go back to cached pages';
$txt['databaseSession_lifetime'] = 'Seconds before an unused session timeout';
$txt['enableErrorLogging'] = 'Enable error logging';
$txt['cookieTime'] = 'Default login cookies length (in minutes)';
$txt['localCookies'] = 'Enable local storage of cookies<div class="smalltext">(SSI won\'t work well with this on.)</div>';
$txt['globalCookies'] = 'Use subdomain independent cookies<div class="smalltext">(turn off local cookies first!)</div>';
$txt['securityDisable'] = 'Disable administration security';
$txt['send_validation_onChange'] = 'Require reactivation after email change';
$txt['approveAccountDeletion'] = 'Require admin approval when member deletes account';
$txt['autoOptDatabase'] = 'Optimize tables every how many days?<div class="smalltext">(0 to disable.)</div>';
$txt['autoOptMaxOnline'] = 'Maximum users online when optimizing<div class="smalltext">(0 for no max.)</div>';
$txt['autoFixDatabase'] = 'Automatically fix broken tables';
$txt['allow_disableAnnounce'] = 'Allow users to disable announcements';
$txt['disallow_sendBody'] = 'Don\'t allow post text in notifications?';
$txt['modlog_enabled'] = 'Log moderation actions';
$txt['queryless_urls'] = 'Search engine friendly URLs<div class="smalltext"><b>Apache only!</b></div>';
$txt['max_image_width'] = 'Max width of posted pictures (0 = disable)';
$txt['max_image_height'] = 'Max height of posted pictures (0 = disable)';
$txt['mail_type'] = 'Mail type';
$txt['mail_type_default'] = '(PHP default)';
$txt['smtp_host'] = 'SMTP server';
$txt['smtp_port'] = 'SMTP port';
$txt['smtp_username'] = 'SMTP username';
$txt['smtp_password'] = 'SMTP password';
$txt['enableReportPM'] = 'Enable reporting of personal messages';
$txt['max_pm_recipients'] = 'Maximum number of recipients allowed in a personal message.<div class="smalltext">(0 for no limit, admins are exempt)</div>';
$txt['pm_posts_verification'] = 'Post count under which users must enter code when sending personal messages.<div class="smalltext">(0 for no limit, admins are exempt)</div>';
$txt['pm_posts_per_hour'] = 'Number of personal messages a user may send in an hour.<div class="smalltext">(0 for no limit, moderators are exempt)</div>';

$txt['mods_cat_layout'] = 'Layout and Options';
$txt['compactTopicPagesEnable'] = 'Limit number of displayed page links';
$txt['smf235'] = 'Contiguous pages to display:';
$txt['smf236'] = 'to display';
$txt['todayMod'] = 'Enable &quot;Today&quot; feature';
$txt['smf290'] = 'Disabled';
$txt['smf291'] = 'Only Today';
$txt['smf292'] = 'Today &amp; Yesterday';
$txt['topbottomEnable'] = 'Enable Go Up/Go Down buttons';
$txt['onlineEnable'] = 'Show online/offline in posts and PMs';
$txt['enableVBStyleLogin'] = 'Show a quick login on every page';
$txt['defaultMaxMembers'] = 'Members per page in member list';
$txt['timeLoadPageEnable'] = 'Display time taken to create every page';
$txt['disableHostnameLookup'] = 'Disable hostname lookups?';
$txt['who_enabled'] = 'Enable who\'s online list';

$txt['smf293'] = 'Karma';
$txt['karmaMode'] = 'Karma mode';
$txt['smf64'] = 'Disable karma|Enable karma total|Enable karma positive/negative';
$txt['karmaMinPosts'] = 'Set the minimum posts needed to modify karma';
$txt['karmaWaitTime'] = 'Set wait time in hours';
$txt['karmaTimeRestrictAdmins'] = 'Restrict administrators to wait time';
$txt['karmaLabel'] = 'Karma label';
$txt['karmaApplaudLabel'] = 'Karma applaud label';
$txt['karmaSmiteLabel'] = 'Karma smite label';

$txt['caching_information'] = '<div align="center"><b><u>Important! Read this first before enabling these features.</b></u></div><br />
   SMF supports caching through the use of accelerators. The currently supported accelerators include:<br />
   <ul>
      <li>APC</li>
      <li>eAccelerator</li>
      <li>Turck MMCache</li>
      <li>Memcached</li>
      <li>Zend Platform/Performance Suite (Not Zend Optimizer)</li>
   </ul>
   Caching will only work on your server if you have PHP compiled with one of the above optimizers, or have memcache
   available. <br /><br />
   SMF performs caching at a variety of levels. The higher the level of caching enabled the more CPU time will be spent
   retrieving cached information. If caching is available on your machine it is recommended that you try caching at level 1 first.
   <br /><br />
   Note that if you use memcached you need to provide the server details in the setting below. This should be entered as a comma separated list
   as shown in the example below:<br />
   &quot;server1,server2,server3:port,server4&quot;<br /><br />
   Note that if no port is specified SMF will use port 11211. SMF will attempt to perform rough/random load balancing across the servers.
   <br /><br />
   %s
   <hr />';

$txt['detected_no_caching'] = '<b style="color: red;">SMF has not been able to detect a compatible accelerator on your server.</b>';
$txt['detected_APC'] = '<b style="color: green">SMF has detected that your server has APC installed.';
$txt['detected_eAccelerator'] = '<b style="color: green">SMF has detected that your server has eAccelerator installed.';
$txt['detected_MMCache'] = '<b style="color: green">SMF has detected that your server has MMCache installed.';
$txt['detected_Zend'] = '<b style="color: green">SMF has detected that your server has Zend installed.';

$txt['cache_enable'] = 'Caching Level';
$txt['cache_off'] = 'No caching';
$txt['cache_level1'] = 'Level 1 Caching';
$txt['cache_level2'] = 'Level 2 Caching (Not Recommended)';
$txt['cache_level3'] = 'Level 3 Caching (Not Recommended)';
$txt['cache_memcached'] = 'Memcache settings';

?>

Dannii

Sorry, should have said modifications.english.php, it will be in the same location.

Advertisement: