News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Drupalist

Very strange I just installed Pretty Urls again and my urls went back to being normal. But now it's INSTALLED.

Dannii

Weird! Is the enable filters setting on?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

saosangmo

HI eldʌkaː,

I'm using version 0.7.
Whenever I split posts, then I go to Forum Error Log, I see the below message:

Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: targetboard
File: /home/xxx/public_html/yyy/Sources/SplitTopics.php
in line: 1094

my lines: 1088 to 1098 in SplitTopics.php

// Tell the user the move was done properly.
function MergeDone()
{
global $txt, $context;

// Make sure the template knows everything...
$context['target_board'] = $_GET['targetboard'];
$context['target_topic'] = $_GET['to'];

$context['page_title'] = $txt['smf252'];
$context['sub_template'] = 'merge_done';

I wonder if I have something wrong?

Dannii

Hmmmm, yes I think there is a problem there! I think it's looking at targetboard= and cutting out the board= part. I'll have to fix that!
Get the fix here
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

PiTXI

I am using SMF 1.1.3 Updated (1.1.2) and pretty urls 0.7 doesn't work. I'm using a custom theme.

I need help, the filter option in Features and Options doesn't appear. >:(
www.forosfutbol.net [nofollow] - Fútbol en estado puro

Dannii

PITXI, did you get any errors when you installed the mod? Using a custom theme shouldn't matter, but try accessing the Features and Options page with the default theme to be sure.

PiTXI

Quote from: eldʌkaː on July 03, 2007, 03:56:38 AM
PITXI, did you get any errors when you installed the mod?

Yes. I have seen that it's the problem.

Error with Package Install
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package.
It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you
know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently.
This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're
trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in
the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have
installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Execute Mod  ./Sources/QueryString.php  Failed

This warning appears since I've upgraded to 1.1.3.

In 1.1.2 pretty url worked perfectly for me.

Can you help me? pls!!

Dannii

Well, what file had the error?

PiTXI

./Sources/QueryString.php

thx

PiTXI

Hi eldʌkaː, I've uploaded a clean QueryString.php and now I don't get the error.

The mod works but I can't see the pretty url's. :o

I have tested with an old url, and now works, but the forum shows normal url.

HELP.

Dannii

You'll need to reinstall it now that you have a clean QueryString.php.

PoLlama

Installed easily and actually works. Much better then SEO4SMF(which not only was a pain, but crashed my forum, and still didn't work).

However, theres only one problem I have with this mod. I noticed in feature and options...
"This may be a substantial performance hit"
Are you saying this may substantial slow down the entire forum? I may have to scrap it then... not worth it. Right now I can't check what its doing to the forum because my own connection is acting up.

saosangmo

Hi eldʌkaː
I also get the below message when I view my Forum Error Log

http://mydomain.com/index.php?action=viewkarma
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined offset: 0
File: /home/xxx/public_html/yyy/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
In line: 55

I'm also using Karma Description Mod

plz help me, thanks

PiTXI

It works!!!!

PoLlama

I've found a bug... had to uninstall this because of it...

For the Board "King_Leopold's Maps", which has 4 sub-forums, the user would be redirected to a 404 error page. I tried changing the name to King_Leopold's, and then King Leopold, but it still had not worked. I also tried reinstalling after the name was changed, and still, no luck.

URL it gave: http://www.pollama.com/king_leopold%5C's-maps/0/

Col

Quote from: eldʌkaː on June 29, 2007, 10:56:00 PM
Col, are you using a custom theme? SMF's normal SEF URLs option should be removed, but the new settings should be added in its place.

Hi eldeka,

I use my own variation of the default theme - but the admin templates are untouched!

Dannii

PoLlama, The load isn't very high in any forum I've tried the mod on, although with very big forums it might be. You can look at the modified Load time text at the bottom to check.
And the problem with apostrophes is known, and I'm working on it. In 0.8 hopefully it will be finally fixed.

saosangmo, I've had that error occasionally, don't know what it means, and I've never been able to produce it on purpose. It's nothing to worry about though :)

PiTXI, :D

Col, Hmmm. Well try manually adding the two settings into ModSettings.php. If they're already there (in the source file) then I have no idea why they wouldn't be displaying.

PoLlama

Yes but I took out the apostrophe, and it stuck. I even reinstalled it, and it still stuck.

Dannii

If you uninstall the mod completely, removing all database settings, remove the apostrophe, and then reinstall the mod it should work. You can add the apostrophe back into the board's name and the url won't be changed.

saosangmo

Hi eldʌkaː,
When I go into Kama Log (a part of Karma Description Mod), I click on the topic which user changed karma of another user.
One of links displays like
http://mydomain.com///0/?-y-cho-muc-am-nhc.msg23586#msg23586
And It is an invalid link.

Quotesaosangmo, I've had that error occasionally, don't know what it means, and I've never been able to produce it on purpose. It's nothing to worry about though :)

Advertisement: