News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

Anything in the error log about that?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

saosangmo

I have posted it and now I quote that message.

Quote from: saosangmo on July 03, 2007, 01:25:50 PM
Hi eldʌkaː
I also get the below message when I view my Forum Error Log

http://mydomain.com/index.php?action=viewkarma
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined offset: 0
File: /home/xxx/public_html/yyy/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
In line: 55

I'm also using Karma Description Mod

plz help me, thanks

Dannii

Oh yes sorry. Okay... well maybe they are connected.

Try making this change to PrettyUrls-Filters.php:
Code (find) Select
if (isset($url['topic_id']))
Code (replace) Select
if (isset($url['topic_id']) && isset($topicData[$url['topic_id']]))
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

saosangmo

I'm testing this fix and report later.
many thanks

Dannii

You may need to empty the smf_pretty_urls_cache table too.

saosangmo

my forum works well and I must empty the smf_pretty_urls_cache table.
thank eldʌkaː!

Dannii

:D
Now to fix the problem with apostrophes.

PoLlama

So there is no support for changing board names? Is there support for new boards?

EDIT: It does support new boards, but it doesn't support moving boards...

Col

Quote from: Col on July 03, 2007, 09:11:55 PM
Quote from: eldʌkaː on June 29, 2007, 10:56:00 PM
Col, are you using a custom theme? SMF's normal SEF URLs option should be removed, but the new settings should be added in its place.

Hi eldeka,

I use my own variation of the default theme - but the admin templates are untouched!

Hi Eldeka,

Scrub what I wrote above - I've been away for a few days and forgot what I had done. I installed 0.7 to a completely unmodified 1.1.2 forum and it failed. It also failed with the 1.1.3 upgraded (unmodified) forum. It is very odd.

Dannii

QuoteSo there is no support for changing board names? Is there support for new boards?
The support for changing board names is in the source code, I'll just have to write the template changes sometime too.

Quote from: Col on July 04, 2007, 07:40:35 PMScrub what I wrote above - I've been away for a few days and forgot what I had done. I installed 0.7 to a completely unmodified 1.1.2 forum and it failed. It also failed with the 1.1.3 upgraded (unmodified) forum. It is very odd.
Did it give you any errors, or were the files just unchanged?

Col

Hi Eldeka,

It appeared to install without any error whatsoever. However the filters option does not appear for some reason. I've removed the test forum now, bit I'll install a new one and check it more thoroughly (to see is the code is installed and not displayed, or if the install of the code fails).

I'll try to get back to you today.

Dannii

It might be file permissions/ownerships. I think I had a similar program before, where it said it modified the files, but actually did nothing at all.

Col

Hi,

I've installed another forum, and the option appears. I'm unsure if I just missed it before (because it appears a few places below the code that is removed for SEF URLs), or if it didn't appear at all. Maybe I missed it because the text that appears in 0.4 ('Pretty URLs root URL (Without a final slash)') does not appear in 0.7 - I'm unsure now. Is that as it should be - no text identifying the purpose of the option?

Thanks.

PoLlama

It doesn't support moving boards.

The 'easy' method, where you click move, and then select where to put it on the list, brings up the 'Board not found' error. And the other method, where you use the 2 drop down boxes(ChildOf/After/Before and BoardName) freezes when you try to set it.

kamili34

When i want install

i got error     

Wykonaj modyfikację  ./Sources/QueryString.php  Not Success

Col

Hi Eldeka,

I'm reinstalling my forum, from scratch, to track down some bugs. I will be reinstalling this mod. I've had one or two small problems with apostrophes that I never corrected properly - you gave instructions for working around the problem, but I just ended up not using the board concerned (it was new, so I created a new board instead with a different name). I have version 0.4 installed. What I need to know is, will I have any problems with removing the present version and installing 0.7. I'd like a completely fresh install of this mod - can I just drop the table from the database?

Thanks.

Dannii

Quote from: Col on July 05, 2007, 11:14:48 AMI've installed another forum, and the option appears. I'm unsure if I just missed it before (because it appears a few places below the code that is removed for SEF URLs), or if it didn't appear at all. Maybe I missed it because the text that appears in 0.4 ('Pretty URLs root URL (Without a final slash)') does not appear in 0.7 - I'm unsure now. Is that as it should be - no text identifying the purpose of the option?
No that should still be there... this is very weird.

Quote from: PoLlama on July 05, 2007, 11:24:45 AMIt doesn't support moving boards.

The 'easy' method, where you click move, and then select where to put it on the list, brings up the 'Board not found' error. And the other method, where you use the 2 drop down boxes(ChildOf/After/Before and BoardName) freezes when you try to set it.
Hmmm, okay, I'll look into that.

Quote from: kamili34 on July 05, 2007, 03:55:15 PMi got errorWykonaj modyfikację  ./Sources/QueryString.php  Not Success
Any other mods installed?

Quote from: Col on July 05, 2007, 07:59:27 PMI'm reinstalling my forum, from scratch, to track down some bugs. I will be reinstalling this mod. I've had one or two small problems with apostrophes that I never corrected properly - you gave instructions for working around the problem, but I just ended up not using the board concerned (it was new, so I created a new board instead with a different name). I have version 0.4 installed. What I need to know is, will I have any problems with removing the present version and installing 0.7. I'd like a completely fresh install of this mod - can I just drop the table from the database?
I'm going to be making a big post soon about apostrophes, they just keep causing so many problems.
As to uninstalling it completely, remove everything shown in this page: http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/DatabaseChanges

Dannii

kamili34

What this mod do. Please screen shot  :'(

Advertisement: