News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

What does it say in the error log?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

TrueSatan

Not meaning it disrespectfully but I'd been answering glennk's queries regarding the Tagging Mod and wouldn't be willing to advise making code changes to such a degree without vbgamer's blessing...I've advised that glennk should opt for one mod or the other but not both.

Glennk appears to be a non coder so, if I'm correct, would be unable to do his own support for  code changes.

I'm not meaning to tread on any toes, yours or vbgamer's, but just thought I'd best chip in with those thoughts.

Dannii

Honestly I think it's a pretty big mistake on vbgamer's behalf, by doing what he's done he also makes all the validation etc done by SMF in QueryString.php pointless. I've actually offered to take over maintaining the tags mod, but he never replied.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

glennk

Well its a shame as I like both mods and would like to use both. At the moment as all links I have are to the pretty urls this one is essential. Big shame with the users being the ones who loose out.

Ill check the error log and report back.

glennk

It says "

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Baramundi Bob    July 23, 2007, 12:43:22 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 86.30.65.79      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session ebe864c4ef1716f029557afa9621aee7
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=prettyurls-base_0_7.tar.gz
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Hacking attempt...

REPLACE INTO smf_pretty_topic_urls
(ID_TOPIC, pretty_url)
VALUES (1125, "fishing-fantastic"), (1132, "help-re-fishfinder-selection-for-me-yak")
File: /home/glennk/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-PrettyUrls.php
Line: 233"

Dannii

If you use the uninstall.php tool are you able to install it? That will remove all pretty URLs stuff in the database letting you install it clean (hopefully).

glennk

Sorry to sound thick but what do I do with it ? Do I download that from somewhere and upload it or is it already there ? what do I need to do please ?

Dannii

Download it to your computer, and then put it in the same place as your forum's SSI.php. Run it with your browser, and delete it right after that!

TrueSatan

Quote from: eldʌkaː on July 23, 2007, 07:45:24 AM
Honestly I think it's a pretty big mistake on vbgamer's behalf, by doing what he's done he also makes all the validation etc done by SMF in QueryString.php pointless. I've actually offered to take over maintaining the tags mod, but he never replied.

I'll try to contact vbgamer45 and see what he says...if you are given permission to take it over (and just for anyone else reading this it is vbgamer's choice not ours) I'll also make an offer to you of my continuing to do whatever support for it that I can. I'll get back to you with any answers (via PM if I may?).

Dannii

PMs are fine. I'll renew my offer to him.

TrueSatan

OK...looks to be alls well now anyhow.

glennk

did my post get lost ?

I installed the mod now but its not working. Were still on the old urls

glennk

error log

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member  Baramundi Bob       July 23, 2007, 01:04:40 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 86.30.65.79      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session ebe864c4ef1716f029557afa9621aee7
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=prettyurls-base_0_7.tar.gz
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: pretty_root_url
File: /home/glennk/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-PrettyUrls.php
Line: 274

TrueSatan

You have two developers working on this to get a new version of a mod out...give them a little time to sort it all out.

Dannii

I don't know what could cause that error, unless somehow the database got momentarily out of sync. If you try again does it work?

cru

Installation went well for smf1.1.3. but when i clicked home, i get this error...

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500

i used the package manager..

TrueSatan

As the error indicates it sounds like a hosting problem...if it is overload than waiting a while as the error advises may well resolve it.

cru

its in a localhost boss, and i have not much content yet.  how about the cgi script thing? as mentioned in the error. can i correct that?

TrueSatan

cgi is part of the hosting configuration...if you have access to the host error logs you might be able to spot a problem and, with sufficient access, fix it otherwise it's down to the host admin/sysop to sort it out. If you are on shared hosting you won't have such access...it would be unlikely even on dedicated hosting.

Your content may be small but what about other users on the same hosting...the overload is from the total use on that server.

Dannii

I'm pretty sure this mod will work if PHP is installed as a CGI. I'd check as many error logs as you can, and if there's nothing there I'd guess its probably overloaded.

Advertisement: