News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cru

does this mod work on a heavy board? coz i installed it with ease, and liked it. after a month, i  get 404 errors.

Dannii

Yes it should work. What do you get 404 errors on?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

cru

QuoteWhat do you get 404 errors on?
when i click on any links within the forum.

anyway i uninstalled it. But now i want to reinstall. Here are my mods.

SMF1.1.4DefaultTheme. My mods- TP0.9.8, New Topic Button1.0,
SMF Trader System1.1, Referrals Mod1.4, Ad Managment2.3, SMF Gallery Lite1.8,
YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)1.0, SMF Sitemap 1.2.1, Favicon Mod1.0

>> in the instructions:
Quote1 Download and install the base package from the mod site.
    2 Using FTP, rename example.htaccess to .htaccess
    3 Download the extension-none (and the TP-ext-none if you use TinyPortal) package from the Package List, or just from the site directly, and then install them.
how do i do number 2 and 3?
>> i cant find example.htaccess in my root folder

Dannii

Don't worry about the third instruction, it's optional. And no you shouldn't have to edit the .htaccess file.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

cru

QuoteThe requested URL /forum-news-and-announcements/0/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

so i have to uninstall quickly.

where do i download TP-ext-none?
what i only see in http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/downloads/list
are:
prettyurls-base_0_7.tar.gz
prettyurls-profiles_0_7.tar.gz      
prettyurls-actions-ext-none_0_6.tar.gz

Dannii

There is no TP package, it's all included in the base package.

What's your .htaccess file?

cru

QuoteWhat's your .htaccess file?

im sorry i dont know. how would i find that out?

Dannii

Use FTP to log into your server and download the file.

cru

i dont see any htaccess file :(

EDIT: i searched it through cpanel. i see the result.
but when i double click it, i am brought to the /public_html folder.

Nao 尚

It should be at the root of your website.
If you don't see it, make sure your FTP client allows to view .* files like .htaccess!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

cru

Got it! Now what do i do with this?

Quote#   Pretty URLs mod
#   http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
#   .htaccess file generated automatically on: July 28, 2007, 1:27

#   Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

#   Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

Valiantheart

Why is there a /0/ after the URL? For example, the topic "About" would be http://www.mydomain.com/about/0/

ian1

Quote from: eldʌkaː on October 17, 2007, 04:32:46 AM
Indeed, there's probably a conflict with another mod. Which others do you have installed?

1. YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant) 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Website Button 1.1.4   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Digg Topic 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. Lots_o_Smileys 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. SMF 1.0.12 / 1.1.4 / 2.0 b1.1 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. Ad Managment 2.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. SMF 1.0.11 / 1.1.3 Update 1.1   [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

Nao 尚

Quote from: Valiantheart on October 17, 2007, 01:54:11 PM
Why is there a /0/ after the URL? For example, the topic "About" would be http://www.mydomain.com/about/0/
It's the equivalent to "?topic=xxx.0" where xxx is the topic ID.
0 is the message or topic index. "/about/50/" will show you the next 50 topics.
The latest PrettyURLs beta removes these useless zeros. Or read earlier pages of this topic for a quick hack to remove them.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Dannii

Try replacing it with this cru:
#   Pretty URLs mod
#   http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
#   .htaccess file generated automatically on: July 28, 2007, 1:27

RewriteEngine on

#   Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

#   Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

Ian1, can you send me your QueryString.php please.

cru

ok, is this process correct?
1. download prettyurls-base_0_7.tar.gz
                     prettyurls-profiles_0_7.tar.gz     
                     prettyurls-actions-ext-none_0_6.tar.gz

2. I will replace my htaccess file with your post above.

just would like to make sure i wont mess this up. TIA

Dannii

Don't use the profiles and actions ones unless you absolutely need to.

Ian1, this mod isn't compatible with SEO4SMF.

ian1

Quote from: eldʌkaː on October 18, 2007, 03:49:41 AM
Don't use the profiles and actions ones unless you absolutely need to.

Ian1, this mod isn't compatible with SEO4SMF.

I'm not sure what you are referring to about the profiles and actions.

I tried to uninstal SEO4SMF but its giving me a lot of problems.  It won't uninstall.

Dannii

Ask the SEO4SMF for help in uninstalling it completely first, and then try installing this mod.

Nao 尚

Quote from: ian1 on October 18, 2007, 09:10:58 PM
I'm not sure what you are referring to about the profiles and actions.
The two smaller packages that say, err... profiles and actions.
I have to agree with the author, I'd say. Actions aren't compatible with Board rewriting (only with Topic rewriting). And Profiles... Well, they basically work (no extra work done, it just redirects to SMF's Profile.php file), but there are several issues that are connected to SMF itself. (If a user registers using a strange name with non-alphanumeric characters, he will never be able to see and change his own profile. Oops.)

Advertisement: