News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

There is none, those are the instructions for a very old version of the mod. The instructions in the first post are:
Quote# Download and install the base package from the mod site.
# Enable the filters in the Features and Options page
# If you have changed the base url to something different from $boardurl, you can install the actions-ext-none package too.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

distortedice

Quote from: ܝܠܕܟ on November 12, 2007, 05:39:31 AM
There is none, those are the instructions for a very old version of the mod. The instructions in the first post are:

Lol, I feel stupid! It's running perfectly now though :)

Thanks very much for the awesome support! I had a look through the support forums for the other SMF SEO mods and you are definitely the most helpful. Thank you very much for being so supportive of all of us :)

One more question ... I know this is still in Beta, but I'm really keen to use it on my site. Since it's working fine on my test site (which will eventually be going live), I'm assuming it will be safe to use. Or should I wait till it's out of Beta?

Ryan,

Dannii

It should be fine, I use it on several sites. It's not stable yet though, so upgrading may take a little bit of work, though I'll try and make that easy too. But the day-to-day running of it should be fine.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Nao 尚

There are lots of issues remaining in v0.7 and even in the 0.8 cvs... For instance, splitting and merging topics should bring unexpected results. I don't think it is advisable to use it on a production board, except if it's not huge and you can cope with following the beta release process.

Eldacar> Got a post waiting for you on your board ;)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

distortedice

Quote from: Nao 尚 on November 12, 2007, 06:05:53 AM
There are lots of issues remaining in v0.7 and even in the 0.8 cvs... For instance, splitting and merging topics should bring unexpected results ...

I do quite a bit of splitting and merging of topics but my forum is quite small.

What type of 'unexpected results' do you mean? When I tried merging and splitting a few topics on my test board it worked fine, albeit the URLs matched that of only one topic, but I'm not too bothered by that. Are there more serious problems I could encounter?

Dannii

No, the only thing is that the new topics won't get pretty URLs.

Nao 尚

Quote from: ܝܠܕܟ on November 12, 2007, 06:19:27 AM
No, the only thing is that the new topics won't get pretty URLs.
Which we should start working on ;)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Smasher

Like what I am seeing... Installed the most recent package (uploaded 2 days ago) and everything went fine...

I remember reading though that there was TP support... is that a separate download that I am not seeing somewhere?

Thanks for a great mod...
Site in Development

Powered by SMF 2.0.4
     - EzPortal 1.0
     - SA Facebook Integration

Dannii

Pretty much everything is in the base package now, and it still supports TP. It doesn't rewrite TP's articles though.

Smasher

That is why I was asking... I have a few articles that I noticed did not change the URL...

Is there something that prevents rewriting a URL for an article?

I was trying to figure out how to make the title of the article the end of the URL and then I had found this mod... and thought it was the answer...

I do thank you though for a great mod... it makes the rest of the site look so much better...
Site in Development