News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

Just from memory: isn't this because the move operation uses something like "toboard" or "fromboard" in the URL, instead of just "board"?
I know I've fixed this in my own version of SMF2 (which I always insist Eldacar should use too ;)), it's simply a matter of making sure "board" is preceded by [?;&].
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Dannii

QuoteCan I delete the cache table too?
Um, probably. But empty tables really don't have much of a performance hit...

And yep, it's because it uses toboard I think. Should be fixed in the latest snapshot.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Riotblade

Great mod but I'm still having problems here and there.  Whenever I have pretty URL's on and go to some action pages, the page would be blank.  Also, if I try to access the child board through the parent board, it'll use the original unpretty URL and return a 404 error.  I've cleared my cache and everything prior to this.  Oh yeah, if I uncheck board pretty url, the pages would be ridirected infinitely and return an error.  If I uncheck all options but the main pretty url option, the same would happen.

Dannii

Are you using the latest snapshot? At least some of that sounds like things that have been fixed already.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Nao 尚

Hey Dannii, did you see my posts on the other board.....?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

WAHS

Hello,

I installed v8 and the url works like a charm... but I realise that when I go inside boards and threads, I need to re-log in (the header shows the log in form). When I click "Home", it's logged in...

Why will this happen and how to solve this pls? Thanks...

Riotblade

Yes, I'm using the latest snapshot.  If those things should be fixed already, there might be some conflicting code left over by SMF's uninstallation system.  I should go over the code manually and check.

fangweile

I installed this mod(Snapshot 2007-11-16)   in my forum successfully but I am having problem with my custom gallery menu bar link. it displays this url when I try to view my custom gallery link
Quotegallery/?pretty;action=gallery

There is no action for that link cause I directly link their my coppermine gallery. I can't now access my gallery page using the smf menu bar.

I tried to uninstall the mod and it uninstalled successfully. When I try to click my gallery link it display the error. I can't get it back. I already find the modified files but can't seem find the errors. :(

Hope someone could help, thanks in advance.  ;)

Dorian

I got some questions.
1. What does
Quote# If you have changed the base URL to something different from $boardurl, you can install the actions-ext-none package too.
mean? How do I do that, so I get it working? I mean I can't change the base URL to be not the board URL because that'd mean my URL I am pointing to would be different form where I actually get to, right?

2. Would it be anyhow possible to get Child board trees into the URL tree? Changing the URL slug manually in the board options would be neat, too. :)
I'd do it myself, but I'm not that used to the SMF code... Help with this would be great.

Thanks in advance for answers.
I'm your creativity creator:)

Dannii

WAHS, do they all have the same subdomains etc? I don't think this mod could change how the login process works.

fangweile, Have a full link to the gallery?

Dorian:
Quotemean? How do I do that, so I get it working? I mean I can't change the base URL to be not the board URL because that'd mean my URL I am pointing to would be different form where I actually get to, right?
it's probably badly written, but I mean adding something to the end of the base url like "forum", so that it looks like a subfolder, except it doesn't exist.

Quote2. Would it be anyhow possible to get Child board trees into the URL tree? Changing the URL slug manually in the board options would be neat, too. :)
Not without lotssss of effort :P I doubt it's worth it.

cru

hi, Dannii

i have installed 0.8 from here,
http://prettyurls.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Base/
and its doin good.

are there any updates? coz i see in the mod site its still 0.7

Dannii

It takes a lot of time to get to the stage where I consider something worthy of being a complete version (and therefore being published on the mod site), however as a lot of people want to keep up with the changes I make, I've been uploading snapshots. I've been very busy for a month though, so I haven't made any recent changes sorry. But in the future that's the place to look.

cru

so is it safe to say that i don't have to upgrade to the  "snapshots", since im not having any issues with my 0.8?

TIA!

Nao 尚

Quote from: cru on December 17, 2007, 10:18:23 PM
so is it safe to say that i don't have to upgrade to the  "snapshots", since im not having any issues with my 0.8?

TIA!
No. If you want to stay compatible--you'll have to upgrade. There are lots of changes ahead (for the better), so you really should. Still, no hurry for now. Wait for a future version.

PS: there's also the also of topic splitting/removing/merging which may or may not work on current versions. I've submitted the fix to eldacar/Dannii, I'm guessing he'll be implementing it in v0.8 as well.

mrzcn

there r another way to resolve turkish character problem without utf8 ?

Dannii

If you have the mb string extension installed it should work I hope.

mrzcn

Quote from: Dannii on December 19, 2007, 09:09:24 AM
If you have the mb string extension installed it should work I hope.

u said for me ?

Nao 尚

Yes.
Or, try to replace this in Subs-PrettyUrls.php:
if ((empty($modSettings['global_character_set']) || $modSettings['global_character_set'] !== 'UTF-8') && function_exists('mb_convert_encoding'))
$text = mb_convert_encoding($text, 'UTF-8', 'auto');

You can first try to remove , 'auto' and save. If it doesn't work, replace the whole thing with:

if ((empty($modSettings['global_character_set']) || $modSettings['global_character_set'] !== 'UTF-8') && function_exists('utf8_encode'))
$text = utf8_encode($text);

It might work...
(eldacar, why isn't this implemented in the svn by default? One of many things you should really steal from my custom version...)

mrzcn

thanks for reply but it doesnt work still :(

Nao 尚

You have to uninstall the mod, delete the smf_pretty_topic_urls table and reinstall the mod after uploading the modified file...

Advertisement: