News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

New snapshot which should fix the problems people had upgrading from 0.7.
Also, the Actions filter has been rewritten and is now enabled by default.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Mick.

Thanx Dannii!

This update prettyurls-base_20071230.tar.gz  sure cleared the issues i was having.

Mick.

Quote from: BlueDevil on December 30, 2007, 04:52:27 PM
Thanx Dannii!

This update prettyurls-base_20071230.tar.gz  sure cleared the issues i was having.

Just found something.  Although the new update works entirely in the forums,it doesnt work for TP 9.8

When editing an existing article or block,the code or html is not visible (blank).

I uninstalled the mod and i was able to finish the edit on the article.

Just something you should know.

Mick.

I found a way to keep the mod running. I "unchecked" actions in the settings.

Now i can see and edit blocks & articles with the "pretty url" mod active.

Dannii

QuoteJust found something.  Although the new update works entirely in the forums,it doesnt work for TP 9.8

When editing an existing article or block,the code or html is not visible (blank).
Very strange...
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

IbrahimA

Hmm, I just installed version 0.7, enabled it and found that it has bugs with ' so I uninstalled via your script and installed the snapshot but now I can't find the option to enable pretty urls. Err, ok I just found it by looking at the source but why is there a link without any text? The control panel looks very nice btw.
My forum:
http://avhsmath.us.to [nofollow]

Dannii

There should be a link to in the side panel. If there's no text, it sounds like the language entries are broken. You using another language? At the top of your language's Modifications.language.php file add:
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/Modifications.english.php');

Dorian

Quote from: IbrahimA on January 01, 2008, 11:05:52 PM
Hmm, I just installed version 0.7, enabled it and found that it has bugs with ' so I uninstalled via your script and installed the snapshot but now I can't find the option to enable pretty urls. Err, ok I just found it by looking at the source but why is there a link without any text? The control panel looks very nice btw.
Simple: You're using a custom theme, and have not made the appropriate changes to the settings.template.php or additionally, you don't have entered the appropriate variables to your modifications.(insert your language here).php Am I right? :)
I'm going to hack up the SMF code now, hehe. :)
I'm your creativity creator:)

Chadrew

This is a very nice plugin indeed! I only had some trouble with Lithuanian characters, had to add some, and then delete cached ones in database since they wouldn't change.

Here's a thing though, when I changed the board name, the URL stayed the same...

Dannii

Yeah the board names stuff isn't finished yet.

Goad

I installed this mod and now im getting 404's on all pages.....is there any way i can disable this mod?

Goad

i cant find anything i can edit easily in the database to turn this damn thing off.

Goad

Quote from: Goad on January 09, 2008, 02:09:41 PM
i cant find anything i can edit easily in the database to turn this damn thing off.

got it....had to remove the "on" entry from pretty_enable_filters   ...i was changing it to "off"

Goad

soooo.....now, does anyone have any idea why i instantly got 404's on all pages of my site? in the database, my pretty_root_url entry is correct

using prettyurls-base_20071230.tar.gz on smf 1.1.1

Dannii

Are mod_rewrite and per-directory configuration (.htaccess) enabled on your server?

Goad

Quote from: Dannii on January 09, 2008, 08:16:48 PM
Are mod_rewrite and per-directory configuration (.htaccess) enabled on your server?

now this makes me curious....

root = no .htaccess
root/webroot = .htaccess is there, but its empty
root/webroot/website (where my domain.com points to) = no .htaccess

i have never had a reason to go into my .htaccess, shouldn't I have something there?

eleven0

can someone tell me why there is "/0/" at the end of every link...?

Dannii

now this makes me curious....

root = no .htaccess
root/webroot = .htaccess is there, but its empty
root/webroot/website (where my domain.com points to) = no .htaccess

i have never had a reason to go into my .htaccess, shouldn't I have something there?
There should be one in your forum's directory. Does the PHP user have write permission?

Quotecan someone tell me why there is "/0/" at the end of every link...?
That's the page number, though in the snapshots it's been removed.

viulian

I have a question... if you search: "site:lovetime.ro "dor de tine"" you will end up with a lots of these URLs:

www.lovetime.ro/community/psihologie/dor-de-tine/105/
www.lovetime.ro/community/psihologie/dor-de-tine/msg51655/
www.lovetime.ro/community/psihologie/dor-de-tine/msg13194/

Which seem to be individual pages, but each message is considered a separate web page (because it has it's own URL).

Now, I knew that Google will actually drop the page ranking if content is duplicate, and it seems that on my site, after 4-5 months since running Pretty URL, from Google point of view, there are lots of duplicate content.

I am wondering if this is a real problem.. and if there are some solutions for it ?

Thanks!

Dannii

Have you edited your templates somehow? Those message pages should have the noindex meta tag.

Advertisement: