News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegray

I tried installing 0.7 which gave me all blank pages again, but it fixed the database hacking errors I've been getting with the latest snapshot. I reinstalled 0.8 again and touch wood, all pages look ok so far.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Dannii on January 14, 2008, 06:46:51 PM
Oh, thats a shame, cause in the work I haven't commited yet I have both added you to the credits/licence file, and add in your UTF8 conversion code.
As I already said -- you're free to use my improvements. And you're free to credit me for them, of course ;)
It just means I'm stopping most of my work on PrettyURLs. It works just as intended on my website now. The only thing left to do for me is to allow different URL types, and I'll do that the hardcoded way anyway.
Not sure if I'll implement the actions filter either -- I'll probably manually implement things like /help/ and /profile/ but nothing more.

QuoteThat said, you were always welcome to make changes yourself rather than offering them to me.
I've always made changes myself. Whether or not I had to share them with you was really up to me. I'm actually glad I did it, you know ;) I spent ten years working on closed-source software, it can be a little boring at times.

QuoteYour suggestions were usually quite good,
I know  :P

QuoteAnyways, thanks for your help!
You're welcome. Good luck for improving what is already a great mod ;)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Dannii

QuoteI tried installing 0.7 which gave me all blank pages again, but it fixed the database hacking errors I've been getting with the latest snapshot. I reinstalled 0.8 again and touch wood, all pages look ok so far.
Cool. Keep me posted if you get more errors.

QuoteI've always made changes myself. Whether or not I had to share them with you was really up to me. I'm actually glad I did it, you know ;) I spent ten years working on closed-source software, it can be a little boring at times.
Oh you didn't have to share them, that's why it's BSD licenced. I meant though that you could have committed changes rather than posting them up. Anyways, doesn't matter. You've got good code you're happy with now, and I had someone to talk through some of the more complex issues in the mod. Happiness all round!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Nao 尚

Quote from: Dannii on January 15, 2008, 08:36:04 AM
Oh you didn't have to share them, that's why it's BSD licenced. I meant though that you could have committed changes rather than posting them up.
No... It's your baby, I preferred to see you integrate my ideas into your existing code.

QuoteAnyways, doesn't matter. You've got good code you're happy with now, and I had someone to talk through some of the more complex issues in the mod. Happiness all round!
You can still come to me if you have any troubling matters of course!
Your website seems to be dead and at one point I'll end up closing this permanent tab, but I'm still available here on this topic and via PM...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Kleidi

this mod has problems with " and : . If a forum name is "Test forum" this mod didn;t make it readable and when you click on that forum you will have a 404 error. Any idea how to resolve it?

Dannii

Are you using the latest snapshot?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Lurker28

Okay, after uninstalling this mod it does not "fix" my urls.

I can not go to my files and even if I enter in "fake" exentions it still pops up with my website (no errors).

for instance here is my website hxxp:www.ordusinferi.com [nonactive]
hxxp:www.ordusinferi.com/butt [nonactive]
hxxp:www.ordusinferi.com/fixthis [nonactive]

The last two are not even real paths, but it uses them anway, problem being is I have other urls on the website that are covered by my SMF forum....even after uninstalling the pretty urls, anyone know how to fix this?

Angelotus

WTF???? I installed and got the message: ...hacking attempt!

After that the package manager say that the mod isn't installed but all my files are modified and I receive all kinds of errors!!!

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: pretty_board_urls in /storage/mijndomein/users/073949/public/sites/www.klifix.eu/u/index.php on line 85

and

QuoteNotice: Undefined index: pretty_board_urls in /storage/mijndomein/users/073949/public/sites/www.klifix.eu/u/SSI.php on line 85

Notice: Undefined index: pretty_board_urls in /storage/mijndomein/users/073949/public/sites/www.klifix.eu/u/SSI.php on line 90

Notice: Undefined index: pretty_board_urls in /storage/mijndomein/users/073949/public/sites/www.klifix.eu/u/SSI.php on line 95

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Dannii

QuoteThe last two are not even real paths, but it uses them anway, problem being is I have other urls on the website that are covered by my SMF forum....even after uninstalling the pretty urls, anyone know how to fix this?
If you've uninstalled the mod, just delete the .htaccess file. If you want to keep using the mod, add an extra rewrite rule at the top that makes those folders open themselves.

QuoteWTF???? I installed and got the message: ...hacking attempt!

After that the package manager say that the mod isn't installed but all my files are modified and I receive all kinds of errors!!!
Try running the install.php file again. Also, try upgrading to the 0.8 snapshot too, it might possibly help with the "hacking attempt" problem.

viulian

I'm back with another question..

One of my moderators tried to split a topic (the last message in fact, wanted to create a separate thread from it), and ended up with a new thread that didn't have it's URL computed properly:

Instead of :

http://www.lovetime.ro/community/poezii-de-dragoste/dorinta-t6075/0/

It was only:

http://www.lovetime.ro/community/poezii-de-dragoste/6075/0/

(This created issues when someone tried to rename the new thread etc - such as 'you're not allowed to access this section' or 'there's an error in your SQL near t.ID_TOPIC' etc...)

To fix the error:
1) I manually inserted the mapping <6075, dorinta-t6075> in the pretty_topic_urls (there was nothing there with the ID_TOPIC being 6075).
2) I had to manually clear the pretty_urls_cache using:
DELETE FROM smf_pretty_urls_cache WHERE replacement LIKE '%6075%'

And now it works.

Was this ever reported before, maybe there's a quick fix?

If not, I'll try to do further testing, but I am behind with Pretty URL code version also [i'm affraid to upgrade!].

Nao 尚

You could also try with my custom version...  ;)
When you split a topic, the subject is updated in the table dedicated to subject search. My version simply rebuilds the pretty URL at the same place.
(It's SMF2 only, though. You'd have to re-convert it back to 1.1.4)

Dannii

viulian, I think those issues should be fixed in the latest snapshot. You're also very welcome to try Nao's code if he sends it to you.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Dannii on January 29, 2008, 07:37:09 AM
viulian, I think those issues should be fixed in the latest snapshot. You're also very welcome to try Nao's code if he sends it to you.
Naaah, (hey my code is available on your board... If it's still online ;))
I simply forgot that your latest snapshot had an alternative way of checking for new topics. Which works just as well :)

viulian

Ok guys, I'll give it a go in the weekend :). Maybe it's time for upgrade after all.
I'm sorry for cluttering the thread by reporting bugs that were already fixed.

Nao 尚, as I'm not yet a Charter Member, I only have 1.1.4 versions around; for the time being and to not consume everybody's time with eventual questions about back porting 2.0 code back to 1.1.4, I guess I should stick with the defaults from Pretty URLs - and upgrade to yours after that..

But I have to check the new code [including yours] and see what it offers before deciding what I have to do.

Col

Hi Dannii,

I removed this mod v=back in November, per your instructions: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.msg1301522#msg1301522 and have noticed no problems.

Because I kept most of your code in place to allow the redirects to continue working, I've just come across a bug - perhaps you have already addressed it though? If a '/' is included in the title of new thread, it generates a hacking attempt notice.

From the error log:

QuoteREPLACE INTO smf_pretty_topic_urls (ID_TOPIC, pretty_url)
VALUES (7169, "post-benzo-still-can\'t-sleep-wo-supplements")
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1601

Thanks.

Dannii

Yeah that would be fixed by now.
Is anyone still using the old URLs? You could remove the mod, or just comment out that part of Subs-Post.php, I don't think it's important in your situation.

Col

Quote from: Dannii on January 30, 2008, 08:50:26 AM
Is anyone still using the old URLs? You could remove the mod, or just comment out that part of Subs-Post.php, I don't think it's important in your situation.

You mean anyone at my forum?

There are existing internal links within the forum, so I kept the mod so the redirects would still work. I'd prefer to keep the mod for that reason. I'll have a look in Subs-Post.php, but I'm not sure what code I should be commenting out. Maybe it's obvious though. What if I updated the mod? Though I'd first have to change back those code changes I made.

Thanks.

Dannii

It's adding urls for new topics, which will never be used, so I'd just comment out the query. The error messages says the line number.

eslao

hi,mod dont convert the turkish charecters for example Ü must be u but dont,
wwww.cumhuriyetcafe.org/ataturk-kosesi/0 original txt is Atatürk Köşesi
but its like this
http://www.cumhuriyetcafe.org/atatrk-kesi/0/

Dannii

Are you using UTF-8? The mod is designed to work with that encoding, and may sometimes work with others, but not as well.

Advertisement: