Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eslao

im not usuing utf-8 but in other forums that not use utf-8 it works correctly

cassie

I'm having an apparent conflict between Pretty URLs and the Karma Description Mod. It appears to be recent because was never a problem before.

Inside the Karma log, you have the option of showing a link so that you can see the thread that a person gave you karma in. It says "In Topic" and if you click on the link, it takes you to that thread.

It looks like Pretty URLs is putting the message number on the link in twice. It looks like this

http://website.com/bb///0/?-topic-on-the-board.msg63643#msg63643

So the link doesn't go to the topic, it goes to the front page of the board.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pretty URLs and it fixed it for about 2 minutes, then it did this again.

Any ideas? It isn't a biggie but if I could fix it I would.

Dannii

cassie, are you using 0.7 or a 0.8 snapshot?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

cassie

viulian

cassie, I too stumbled on some problems with the 0.7 and the general consent is to upgrade before reporting bugs that might have already been fixed in 0.8 version :)
So if you upgrade, the guys will assist you with the problems..

Dannii Here's what Google tells me:
URLs not followed
When we tested a sample of the URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs were not accessible to Googlebot because they contained too many redirects.

It suggests that I write directly the 'destination' URL instead the principal one so it doesn't go through all of those redirects.

:D

I think I need to rewrite the sitemap algorithm (I'm using one I wrote myself as it still contains normal style URL).

So I have two questions:
a) Can you give me a short example please, on having a topic ID (let's say 1546) how to properly construct the Pretty URL from it ? (so I can update my sitemap.xml code). What queries should be done? (generics needed, I can figure it out locally, but as a starting point).
b) Will Pretty URL be active in SMF 2.0 ?

Thanks!

Dannii

QuoteSo I have two questions:
a) Can you give me a short example please, on having a topic ID (let's say 1546) how to properly construct the Pretty URL from it ? (so I can update my sitemap.xml code). What queries should be done? (generics needed, I can figure it out locally, but as a starting point).
Just including SSI.php on the page that's outputted should be enough.

Quoteb) Will Pretty URL be active in SMF 2.0 ?
Yes, 0.8 already supports it, though not the latest beta.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

cassie

Sorry to be a little confused...

From what I can tell in the Mods section 0.7 is the latest version. There is a "snapshot" version released in dec 2007. Is that a beta? Not familiar with "snapshot."

Should I be upgrading to the snapshot version?

Dannii

Yes use the latest snapshot from Dec 07. When you install it it will say 0.8, but it's not the official 0.8 release if that makes any sense. 0.8 isn't ready, but because people really needed the features in 0.8, I started releasing snapshots too.

Nao 尚

You haven't worked much on 0.8 recently have you? Actually I think you haven't committed any change since I left the team.
Why not simply release it as is? The only thing that won't work is SMF2 support...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Dannii

cassie

Do I need to uninstall 0.7 before installing the snapshot? If so, do I need to delete any tables from the database?

Thank you for all your help. I LOVE this mod and I hope it will continue to be developed and tweaked  :)

Dannii

Yes uninstall 0.7, but don't delete any tables.

riker

I get this error every time I try it and thats the message on two different smf forums both using 1.1.4

Quote// Pretty URLs mod $txt['pretty_root_url'] = 'Pretty URLs root URL
(Without a final slash)
'; $txt['pretty_enable_filters'] = 'Enable URL filters
This may be a substantial performance hit
';

Dannii

Looks like your modifications.english.php file is corrupt. Check that there's only one ?> and that it's at the very end of the file.

cassie

That fixed it! Thanks for your help everyone  :)

riker

Quote from: Dannii on February 05, 2008, 09:16:44 AM
Looks like your modifications.english.php file is corrupt. Check that there's only one ?> and that it's at the very end of the file.

Just started a forum from scratch today and tried this on it and got the same error so their can't be bad files in all three SMF forums

Dannii

QuoteJust started a forum from scratch today and tried this on it and got the same error so their can't be bad files in all three SMF forums
The server could be doing something silly?

riker

Quote from: Dannii on February 05, 2008, 06:31:56 PM
QuoteJust started a forum from scratch today and tried this on it and got the same error so their can't be bad files in all three SMF forums
The server could be doing something silly?

two sites on one host and my main one is on another

riker

Another error messege I've found

Quote2: unlink(/srv/www/vhosts/***.info/httpdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-PrettyUrls.php) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: No such file or directory
File: /srv/www/vhosts/***.info/httpdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1047

Rmember the mod installed each time with no error so these only happen when trying to us it

Dannii

Yeah it definitely sounds like there's a problem with the server... permissions set incorrectly perhaps?

Have you had problems with any other mods?

Advertisement: