News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riker

Thats what I thought the problem was until I setup a forum from scratch and still had the problem

tomate

hello,

I need your help.
Pretty URL mod is installed and works, but I have something weird : sometimes, characters like 'é' or 'è' are not changed by a simple 'e', but replaced with "andeacute" ! It looks like &acute
Or sometimes just squeezed ...

for example, I have a board named "Discussions générales" and pretty urls changed it by "discussions-gandeacutenandeacuterales"

What can I do to replace "andeacute" with "e" ?

Thanks.

Dannii

Hi tomate, this mod is designed for use with the UTF-8 database encoding. If you convert your database to UTF-8, use the "convert entities" tool you should be able to reinstall this mod and it should work a lot better.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

tomate

my database is already using UTF-8 encoding ;)
and I have already reinstalled the mod twice, droping the two tables, but no effect :/

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Lurker28

Quote from: Lurker28 on January 22, 2008, 03:00:43 PM
Okay, after uninstalling this mod it does not "fix" my urls.

I can not go to my files and even if I enter in "fake" exentions it still pops up with my website (no errors).

for instance here is my website hxxp:www.ordusinferi.com [nonactive]
hxxp:www.ordusinferi.com/butt [nonactive]
hxxp:www.ordusinferi.com/fixthis [nonactive]

The last two are not even real paths, but it uses them anway, problem being is I have other urls on the website that are covered by my SMF forum....even after uninstalling the pretty urls, anyone know how to fix this?

So I deleted the htaccess.txt but I still have the issue with the pretty urls, trying to create paths that are not there. Any other ideas?

Dannii

Quote from: tomate on February 08, 2008, 08:50:26 AM
my database is already using UTF-8 encoding ;)
and I have already reinstalled the mod twice, droping the two tables, but no effect :/
Did you use the entities tool? Your topic titles are using entities!

QuoteSo I deleted the htaccess.txt but I still have the issue with the pretty urls, trying to create paths that are not there. Any other ideas?
What do you mean it's trying to create paths that aren't there?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Nao 尚

Quote from: Dannii on February 09, 2008, 04:18:00 AM
Did you use the entities tool? Your topic titles are using entities!
Since you told me it was in your plans, I'd recommend you implement my rewritten conversion function into your next snapshot ASAP. Plus, it works perfectly on ISO-8859-x character sets.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

tomate

I have those installed :

Pretty URLs - Profiles - Extention: none      0.7
Pretty URLs - Base      0.7
Pretty URLs - Actions - Extention: none      0.6

mrzcn

arcade games dont working when i install this mod.
error showing while open about java..
please help

Dannii

tomate, did you use the entities tool?

mrzcn, use the latest snapshot.

mrzcn

Quote from: Dannii link=topic=146969.msg1418737#msg1418737 date=1202611486

/quote]

sorry i dont understand ? snapshot ?

Dannii

tomate

Quote from: Dannii on February 09, 2008, 09:44:46 PM
tomate, did you use the entities tool?

entities tool ? what do you mean ?
I installed the 3 packages of the mod using the smf admin interface

Nao 尚

"Convert entities to utf8" or something. This option should be available in the Maintenance menu once you convert your database to utf8.
It allows your database to get rid of all é (and such) entities, which are turned into their utf8 equivalent, such as é.

tomate

Quote from: Nao 尚 on February 11, 2008, 03:42:09 AM
"Convert entities to utf8" or something. This option should be available in the Maintenance menu once you convert your database to utf8.
It allows your database to get rid of all é (and such) entities, which are turned into their utf8 equivalent, such as é.
ho yes, I used these tools to convert to UTF-8

Dannii

Well if you did then you shouldn't have any entities in your topic titles anymore. Can you try it again perhaps?

And after you have, remember to completely uninstall it with http://prettyurls.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/uninstall.php

tomate

I have done thatn but still the same problem :/

I think there are still some é somewhere in the database or in the sources ....
I have to replace them with UTF-8 code ?

Dannii

Where are they appearing, topic or board names?

Kleidi

Advertisement: