News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

tomate

Quote from: Dannii on February 11, 2008, 06:42:43 AM
Where are they appearing, topic or board names?
yes
sometimes there are andeacute, sometimes there is nothing

Dannii

Yes, but in board or topic names?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Igor Warneck

Hello!
I installed the actuall mod on a clean installation (utf-8 german). I have APC as Cache. Could this matter??? In hard testing the board crashed and I've only seen a blank page.

Is there anywhere outthere a little tutorial or something else, how to install and tune Pretty Urls, or have I read 58 pages here in the forum ... ???

Thanks very much,
Igor

Dannii

APC should work fine, I use it.
Anything in the error logs? (SMF, PHP, Apache etc)

Igor Warneck

Ok. Let's give a realy try :)

I reenabled APC.

At Settings caption I have marked:
All without ACTION

The Section Enable URL rewriting
URL rewriting filters I cant understand and it is not marked.

The SMF told no error.

So we will go and wait for the next crash and will have then a look. I could go to the admin menu, but not on frontpage.

Igor

tomate

Quote from: Dannii on February 11, 2008, 08:23:56 AM
Yes, but in board or topic names?
both :/

well, I think SMF does not store messages, topic names, etc... in UTF-8 in my database !

Igor Warneck

I tried to change it and set the tables to utf8-general - now we will see what happens.

Another easy question :)

In the Pretty Urls Admin I can find two tabs. The first Tab is now enabled, the second tab not. What is the reason of this setting?

thanks a lot! It's raly a nice tool and I will love it a lot if we can kill the problems :)

Igor Warneck

Here now my first error:

Hacking attempt...

INSERT INTO smf_pretty_topic_urls
(ID_TOPIC, pretty_url)
VALUES (173, "focus-pakistan-zwei-beamten-der-atombehorde-entfuhrt"), (174, "focus-mohammed-karikaturen-attentat-auf-zeichner-verhindert"), (175, "focus-cinema-for-peace-joschkas-standchen-fur-den-frieden"), (176, "focus-kleiderwahl-spears-ahnelt-prostituierter"), (177, "focus-1-fc-nurnberg-roth-zeigt-meyer-rot"), (178, "focus-kenia-90-prozent-weniger-besucher"), (179, "(gb)-lg-neue-touchscreen-handys-und-slider"), (180, "focus-microsoft-neues-office-auf-den-mac-t180"), (181, "focus-fleischproduktion-schlachtrekord-bei-schweinen"), (182, "focus-tarifvertrage-union-gegen-mindestlohn-fur-zeitarbeit")
Datei: /var/www/web16/web/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
Zeile: 139

Dannii

Quotewell, I think SMF does not store messages, topic names, etc... in UTF-8 in my database !
Then it's not really using UTF-8. You'll have to ask for help to convert it in the support boards.

QuoteIn the Pretty Urls Admin I can find two tabs. The first Tab is now enabled, the second tab not. What is the reason of this setting?
The maintenance page is being worked on now (slowly).

QuoteHere now my first error:

Hacking attempt...
Hmmm, I can't see what the problem would be there. Does it work if you add this before line 135?
$modSettings['disableQueryCheck'] = 1;

Igor Warneck

The error came up from the Feed Machine - now it works - waiting for the next crash ... If it crashes again I will try the disable QueryCheck.

Thank You!

samvirtual

I am getting these errrors on accessing some of the messages on the board. This happens only when a user is logged on, does not happen with guests, happens only with a few of the messages on the board, and only when pretty urls is on. I am using pretty urls mod for url rewriting. If i turn this feature off, none of the messages on the board show this error.

Another interesting thing i discovered just now, is that if i change the title of the message to "choosing a residency program" the errror does not occur. Does that mean using the word "selecting" in a title counts as a hacking attempt.?

Hacking attempt...

INSERT INTO smf_pretty_topic_urls
(ID_TOPIC, pretty_url)
VALUES (300, "selecting-a-residency-program")
File: /home/usmle2/public_html/forums/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
Line: 139

Dannii

Hmm, it would be "select" not "selecting"... but that's very weird. If you keep getting the error you can try adding this before line 135 on PrettyUrls-Filters.php:$modSettings['disableQueryCheck'] = 1;

tomate

ok I think it is good now
I wondered why i had so strange caracters in my database, and I think the reason is there :
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=865

in fact, i first used pretty URLs, and when i see the problems with "french" caracters i started to use UTF-8
but in fact i only used the convertion in the admin panel
all that was stored previously in the DB with andeacute or else, i had to replace using sed ! :D

i think now all is good, as you can see : http://www.fiestast.fr
:)

Dannii

Good to hear it's working fine now :)

tomate

yes everything is ok now, i am very happy ! :)

Jpg

Is there anyway to make the profiles something cleaner?

Like yourdomain.com/username instead of-

yourdomain.com/profile/username

edit-
Nvm got it.

edit-
If you go to select User Stats or Show Posts, etc...how do you make it so it goes, for example-

yourdomain.com/profile/"username";sa=showPosts

Check out our Smf and TP themes!
http://www.dzinerstudio.com/

Dannii

If you go to select User Stats or Show Posts, etc...how do you make it so it goes, for example-

yourdomain.com/profile/"username";sa=showPosts
It should do yourdomain.com/profile/"username"?sa=showPosts normally.

Shonick

QuoteTo install:

* Download and install the base package from the mod site.
    * Enable the filters in the Features and Options page
    * If you have changed the base url to something different from $boardurl, you can install the actions-ext-none package too.

I have done the first two parts. When I go to my board. I hover the mouse on the link, it shows me the pretty url, but I click on it I got 404 page.

What exactly the third step mean. I get confuse and do not understand what it mean. My forum on http://domain.com/forum/

Please help me to make it work.

Thank you very much.

Jpg

Is it possible to make subdomains for the stats, admin, and actions?

Like- stats.yourdomain.com instead of yourdomain/stats?

Check out our Smf and TP themes!
http://www.dzinerstudio.com/

Advertisement: