Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonrot

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Dorian

Quote from: Dannii on February 22, 2008, 06:50:25 PM
Well you should try it :)
How about finally making it the 0.8 version or writing that into the first post?
There's just one bug with the rewriting of actions. Maybe you should check the admin panel out and confirm all links to be working properly. ;)
And... it's somehow bugging me to be redirected to the board index.
Do you have a fix for this already? I'd prefer a 404 or similar 400 type error when the board or thread isn't present. I'm trying to change that stuff myself now, but I want to stay in sync with your code, though. This in par with major bugs you discovered and fixed...
I'm your creativity creator:)

Dannii

QuoteHow about finally making it the 0.8 version or writing that into the first post?
I will when I feel it's ready, which it's not, so I won't, yet.

QuoteThere's just one bug with the rewriting of actions. Maybe you should check the admin panel out and confirm all links to be working properly. ;)
Which link?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Dorian

Quote from: Dannii on February 23, 2008, 10:10:11 AMI will when I feel it's ready, which it's not, so I won't, yet.
Well, at least write it somewhere, that if they have some issues with 0.7 the 0.8 snapshot might fix it. ;)

QuoteWhich link?
For example $scripturl .'/news' or some links in the package manager.
I can't recall which ones it all were, you know, I need my admin panel. :)
I'm your creativity creator:)

Nao 尚

I don't remember any other links (dev.eldacar.com/smf/ has been down for so long), but in the meantime you can try mine: http://cyna.fr/
It's largely modified (SMF2 version, boards are sub-domains and topic IDs are included in the URL to make it easier to rename topics without losing the original links), but it's pretty much the real thing.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

goldenboy48

Ok right after installing on my forum, all of the my forum went down except for the frontpage that is supported by TinyPortal. Please help. Is the mod working on the changing everything? Will everything be back soon or do I have to upload a backup?

I get this error message

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.4 Server at ecric.net Port 80

Dannii

Link to your site? Does your server support mod_rewrite and .htaccess?

goldenboy48

http://ecric.net

Please help...I can't afford any downtime.

I'm with MonteCarlo Hosting [ http://montecarlohosting.net/ ] so you might know if they support that stuff.

I can't even uninstall it cuz I can't access anything.

http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/downloads/list

I downloaded 1230 from there...the top one.

Dannii

Ask your host if they support it.
In the mean time, try running this query in phpmyadmin:
UPDATE smf_settings SET value = '0' WHERE variable = 'pretty_enable_filters'

goldenboy48

Ok. I ran the query [Hopefully I did ok cuz this is like the 2nd time I visited PHPMyAdmin....

My site is up :D

but the links are NOT PRETTY. :S What do we do about that?

Dannii

Well you need to check if the mod will actually work on your server's hardware before turning it on again.

goldenboy48

It works fine on my test site

http://ecric.net/smftest/general-discussion/welcome-to-smf!/

http://ecric.net/smftest/index.php

Mods installed on my site:

1.     Internal Links Use Same Window      1.1       [ Uninstall ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]
2.    GoogleTagged    1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Auto Embed Video Clips    2.1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Custom Action Mod    2.04    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    Custom Profile Field Mod    3.17    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Redirection Boards    2.01    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Karma Description Mod    2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Award Mod    1.11    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Attachments layout    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    FavIcon    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Fix Message Empty Error For Embed Video Mods    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Image Thumbnail BBCode    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    PM On Registration    1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    SMF Ajax Registration Feedback    1.0.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    Wrap Text Around Image    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    SearchResultsMod    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    LinkImageToOriginalSize    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.    Trim Url    1.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.    Profile Comments    1.3.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.    Popup PM Message - Uses The Same Window    1.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21.    Enhanced Quick Reply Box 2.0.2    2.0.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22.    Pretty URLs - Base    0.8    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23.    Signature BBCode Bar    1.4    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24.    DailyMotion BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)    1.0    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
25.    Invite    1.14    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
26.    Ad Managment    2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
27.    Automatically Email Inactive Ordinary Users    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
28.    New Topic Button    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
29.    Signature Settings Mod    1.1    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
30.    TinyPortal    0.983    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
31.    View Topic Permissions    1.1.0a    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
32.    Force Reason for Deletion    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
33.    SMF Archive    1.1    [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Dannii

Ahh excellent.
Well next thing to check is all of your error logs just in case there's something useful there.
And please copy your .htaccess file.

goldenboy48

Ok. Nothing in the forum error log related to "Pretty URLs".

But for some damn reason, I don't see .htaccess in my cPanel File Manager. It appears in the search results of the File Manager but not actually in the File Manager. Any other ways to access it?

Edit: I see .htaccess in Core FTP Lite. But when I try to edit it in Notepad there is nothing in it :|

Then I tried renaming it to htaccess.txt and then edit but same result. Nothing in .htaccess.

Dannii

Yeah it won't say pretty URLs, but are there any recent errors? And check the apache and php error logs too.
That's cause it's a hidden file, but you should be able to access it still...

goldenboy48

I see .htaccess in Core FTP Lite. But when I try to edit it in Notepad there is nothing in it :|

Then I tried renaming it to htaccess.txt and then edit but same result. Nothing in .htaccess.

How to check apache and php error logs?

Recent Forum error logs are related to TPortal.php so yea nothing there.

Most of the ones on the first page (today) are:

Guest Today at 10:01:01 PM 84.208.224.151    83e407d2bcb8fbc414b8fdccfc4ac038 http://ecric.net/index.php?page=15 8: Undefined index:  12
File: /home/ecricnet/public_html/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 917

Dannii

Try chmodding it to 777 and then try enabling the mod again.

goldenboy48

Yo sweeeeeeettttttt......Works perfectly now :D :D :D :D

Thank you so much man....My site will surely improve google rankings after this....THANK YOU SO MUCH....... :D :D

Advertisement: