Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

goldenboy48

Hey Dannii,

Is it safe to leave .htaccess at 777? or Should it to something else?

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

goldenboy48

Ok cool. Btw, my site is already topping the google search results for particular topics. :D :D Thanks again.

au8ust

Using prettyurls-base_20071230.tar.gz I got blank page on some topics but work fine when turn of Pretty URLs. Any idea?

salguod

I had this installed on my new forum and it was working fine.  Before going live, I decided to change the folder the forum was installed in, so I renamed the folder, uploaded repair-settings.php and ran it.  After updating all the paths my forum seemed fine at first, but I realized that all my board and posts were still pointed at the old folder path.

I tracked this down to the Pretty URLs mod and I uninstalled it which fixed the paths.  However, I still want pretty URLs.  I tried re-installing the mod, but it just returned the old, broken URLs.  What can I do to use this mod now?

salguod

I figured it out. 

I installed the actions-ext-none [nofollow] and found the setting for changing the base url in the features and options area.

Is there someplace that describes what this and the other extensions do?  I tried this on a guess based on the description in the first post.  I have no idea what the profiles extension does.  I tried installing it, but all it seemed to do was render my profile page a blank screen.

Dannii

au8ust, well which topics? Anything in the error log?

salguod, you could try using the 0.8 snapshot, it's a lot easier to understand.

au8ust

Hi Dannii,

Here is the error log

Hacking attempt...

INSERT INTO smf_pretty_topic_urls
(ID_TOPIC, pretty_url)
VALUES (280, "my-topic-name-here")
File: /home/www/virtual/domain.tld//htdocs/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
Line: 139

Any idea?

Dannii

Is that literally the topic name?

salguod

Quote from: Dannii on February 26, 2008, 04:58:19 AM
salguod, you could try using the 0.8 snapshot, it's a lot easier to understand.
Any known issues with 0.8 that don't exist in 0.7?

Dannii

salguod

I'll give it a shot later, I'm at work now.  :D  Can you tell me what the extensions are for?  I discovered that removing actions-ext-none didn't remove the base url otpion, I just must have missed it before.  So, I'm not sure what it or the profile one do.  Are they obsolete with 0.8?

lonrot

I dropped the following tables:
smf_pretty_topic_urls
smf_pretty_urls_cache

Unintalled PrettyURLs 0.7
Tried to reinstall, but I'm getting this error:
QuoteFatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/consolem/public_html/Sources/Subs-PrettyUrls.php on line 216

@Danni:
Where is the 0.8 snapshot?

lonrot

Well, I just downloaded and installed prettyurls-base_20071230.tar.gz

And I'm getting the same Not Found error!

Please check this example:
Board Name: Consolemaniak News
Pretty Address: http://consolemaniak.com/consolemaniak%5C's-news/0/
Real Address: http://consolemaniak.com/index.php/board,1.0.html
If I manually remove the "%5C'" part, the board will show up correctly!

Help me out please!!!

lonrot

Even worse, I can't access my admin section anymore, it redirects me to the homepage :(

au8ust

Quote from: Dannii on February 26, 2008, 07:24:22 AM
Is that literally the topic name?

Hacking attempt...

INSERT INTO smf_pretty_topic_urls
(ID_TOPIC, pretty_url)
VALUES (280, "union-tech-abstract-wallpapers-pack")
File: /home/www/virtual/domain.tld/htdocs/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
Line: 139

lonrot

Argh, I can't disable this mod.
I can't acess the admin section.
Members can't access to their profiles.
Guests can't login, members can't logoff.
Guests can't register.
Cannot see PMs.

Please, I'm very desperate.

goldenboy48

When I go to "Featured & Options" in Admin CP, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyinvitesettings() (previously declared in /home/ecricnet/public_html/Sources/ModSettings.php:343) in /home/ecricnet/public_html/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 362

Dannii

lonrot, when you upgraded to 0.8, did you delete the database settings first?
If you want to disable it, run this query in phpmyadmin:UPDATE smf_settings SET value = '0' WHERE variable = 'pretty_enable_filters'

salgoud, the profile and actions packages installed a filter for profile URLs and a general filter for all actions respectively. They're now included in 0.8, the actions filter is turned on by default, though you have to manually enable the profile filter if you want it.

au8ust, follow the instructions here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146969.msg1423526#msg1423526

PanesarV, I don't think that has anything to do with this mod.

Advertisement: