News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nend

Quote from: InfoStrides on April 11, 2012, 06:06:23 PM
Now, I confirmed there is problem somewhere.... The same error occur in RSS feed when I switch on pretty-URLS.

The domain name (http://www.theinfostrides.com) is removed from the URL and only return (/african-news/kenya-tanzania-issue-tsunami-warnings/msg91048/#msg91048)

Don't know what is going on with your site, but my RSS feeds are just fine for the forum with Pretty.

InfoStrides

I tested it on localhost, there was no problem at all. I'm confused. I intend to do a fresh installation may be that can resolved the issue.... Some custom works must have been responsible for the flop!

InfoStrides

Quote from: nend on April 12, 2012, 02:22:11 AM
Quote from: InfoStrides on April 11, 2012, 06:06:23 PM
Now, I confirmed there is problem somewhere.... The same error occur in RSS feed when I switch on pretty-URLS.

The domain name (http://www.theinfostrides.com) is removed from the URL and only return (/african-news/kenya-tanzania-issue-tsunami-warnings/msg91048/#msg91048)

Don't know what is going on with your site, but my RSS feeds are just fine for the forum with Pretty.

I got this issue resolved. I will explain what happened for reference purpose.

I found that my forum URL was not populated in the pretty URL setting which may probably due to transition from version to version and some database upgrades.

This got the problem resolved:
UPDATE  `abc_xyz`.`justme_settings` SET  `value` =  'http://www.theinfostrides.com' WHERE  `justme_settings`.`variable` =  'pretty_root_url';

Чичо ви Гого

How to fix this Database Error:

Database Error: Illegal mix of collations for operation ' IN '

The text of the error is: Database Error: Illegal mix of collations for operation ' IN '
File: /home/......................../public_html/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php
Line: 54

The line 54 is: "WHERE url_id IN (" . implode(', ', $urls_query) . ')', __FILE__, __LINE__);"

vbgamer45

Make sure all your database tables are the same collation type either utf8 or latin1
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

PatrickForum

A few months ago, I deleted the pretty urls plugin, because it was giving us all kinds of problems.
Now the plugin is removed, there are still many search engine friendly URL's which don't exists
anymore, but instead redirecting them to a 404 page (for search engnes), the URLs goes straight to the homepage.

This is giving us Google problems. What can we do?

So the pretty urls mod didn't removed all the sef urls.
Now the residual urls are still here, but they don't give a 404 page.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Чичо ви Гого

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 12, 2012, 05:01:33 PM
Make sure all your database tables are the same collation type either utf8 or latin1

:)Thank you, but how to make it? (I am with 1.1.16). Is it "Admin--------------Forum Maintenance----- ?
Or another way?

vbgamer45

Another way using your control panel from your host and phpmyadmin

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pandos

Hi, got a little problem.

I've changed order of Boards a view days ago. Something really strange is happening now:

some of the topics gives an error 500. All other threads working fine. Even in the same board.

Deactivated pretty urls, cleared pretty_urls_cache, pretty_board_lookup and pretty_board_urls.
Then re-enable Pretty Url's and and run maintenance.

But my topics keep giving me error 500.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Sven

vbgamer45

Anything in your forum's error log that might be releated?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pandos

iverSUN

ERROR
I'm trying to send out an HTML newsletter via eMail, and I'm having some problems.

QuoteFatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php on line 269

I've turned on Mail Que settings (set to 40 emails per minute, 3 emails per page load) to help throttle the server and keep load down. It adds about 67 email addresses to the que, out of ~2,000.

I've also added the action "admin" to the skip actions area, so PrettyURLs isn't doing anything for the admin area. The link looks like: site.com/index.php?action=admin;area=news;sa=mailingsend

Theatre Publicity

I *KNEW* you were going to put something like this out eventually.

*BLEEPING AWESOME* Saved me a TON of work. Where do I send the donation???
Visit www.todosquepaso.com/simplemachinesforum to publicize your show or event. Purchase may be required.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Theatre Publicity on April 20, 2012, 01:08:21 PM
I *KNEW* you were going to put something like this out eventually.

*BLEEPING AWESOME* Saved me a TON of work. Where do I send the donation???
That's so much! Keeps me going.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

arthur22

I'm using the pretty urls mod on a brand new installation of SMF. The urls have changed over perfectly on the main board, but on the registration page there's a problem with the "Check if username is available" link (the little yellow question mark).

Before installing pretty urls, the yellow question mark links to hxxp:ibstales.com/forum/register [nonactive]# and so the current page reloads and the yellow question mark changes to a tick or a cross to indicate if the username is free. But the pretty urls mod seems to strip out the # from the url and so the previous page reloads instead.

This is the page in question: hxxp:ibstales.com/forum/register/ [nonactive]

I don't have any other mods installed. I'd be very grateful for your help as this mod looks perfect for my forum otherwise.

I've tried changing the setting so that the php action urls don't get modified, but that doesn't help unfortunately.

vbgamer45

You currently have action rewriting enabled or disabled?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

arthur22

Hi - action rewriting is currently enabled. I did try disabling it but it didn't seem to help so I enabled it again.

iverSUN

Bump...

Quote from: iverSUN on April 20, 2012, 12:20:34 PM
ERROR
I'm trying to send out an HTML newsletter via eMail, and I'm having some problems.

QuoteFatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php on line 269

I've turned on Mail Que settings (set to 40 emails per minute, 3 emails per page load) to help throttle the server and keep load down. It adds about 67 email addresses to the que, out of ~2,000.

I've also added the action "admin" to the skip actions area, so PrettyURLs isn't doing anything for the admin area. The link looks like: site.com/index.php?action=admin;area=news;sa=mailingsend

diontoradan

URGENT!!!

i really dont want any single quotes or special character in my pretty url. as i use the same table for other program, could you tell me how to exclude single qoutes?

please tell me...

ciao..

Advertisement: