News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Pretty URLs 1.1.3                                              29  October 2015
================================================================================ 
  ! Skip rewriting urls for the tapatalk android app
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Gryzor

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 06, 2017, 11:29:27 AM
Pretty URLs 1.1.3                                              29  October 2015
================================================================================ 
  ! Skip rewriting urls for the tapatalk android app

Ah! Thanks :)

Any idea about 1.1.4?

vbgamer45

Not sure you would have to check the previous posts in this topic
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Gryzor

Tried before asking, no soap...but thanks anyway!

Adam Owicz

Hello all,
Is it possible to fix the addresses of individual photos in smf-gallery-lite?
Now I have this entry in hatccess:

# Rules for: smf-gallery-lite
RewriteRule ^gallery/index\.php$ index.php?action=gallery [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^gallery/category/([^/]+)/?$ ./index.php?action=gallery;cat=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^gallery/picture/([^/]+)/?$ ./index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=$1 [L,QSA]

The address of a single photo looks like this:

www.my-side.com/gallery/?sa=view&id=31

Thank you greetings

petewadey

I have installed Pretty URLs onto my 2.0.15 forum. Silly question, what do I need to do to set it up? Just tick "enable and rewrite" then save, or do I have to enter anything into the Skip Actions List box? or anything else?
Thanks in advance
Pete

vbgamer45

Yep just enable for the urls then that's it. Nothing needed in the skip action list.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

petewadey

Thanks, Done that and it worked. What does "Use caching instead of database table for PrettyUrls" do? Should I leave it unticked?

vbgamer45

unchecked if you have perofrmance issues then check it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

petewadey

My homepage still has /index.php. ( http://bsac10c11c12.co.uk/smf/index.ph)Is there anything I can do about that? And smf on all? would it help google if that wasn't there? Ah! or do I just need to clear my cache?

Pete

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

petewadey

I'm finding this mod very helpful for getting the bots to crawl, but now links from other sites to mine no longer work. Should I be setting up a redirect for old URLs? and if so, how?
Thanks

Kindred

I'll tell you right now... this mod has **NO** effect on bots crawling your site and almost no effect (if any) on SEO.
PrettyURLs are good for one thing only, and that is human readability.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

petewadey

I wish I'd known that before installing it!

petewadey

Actually, isn't it more about what Google results show? Which is what we see when we do a search? If so then there is a benefit from using this mod.
So back to my original question, can I set up a redirect for the old URLs?
I appreciate any help.
Pete

vbgamer45

Old urls should redirect to to the new ones.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

petewadey

I'm getting a lot of error message showing this

8: Undefined index: pretty_enable_filters

Is this normal? Will they go away when new URLs settle? Or is there something wrong with my install?

Pete

Dwev

@ petewadey: I think there's something wrong with your install, it works without a hitch on our (very) custom theme of our site/forum (not that it has much to do with the theme, just letting you know).

Do you have other Mods installed, and did you try without them?

By the way, the interface of this Mod is very, very arcane, but the functionality isn't...

petewadey

Thanks Dwev. I gave it time to settle and all seems fine now. My service provider assured me this would happen, and it appears they were right. Thanks again
Pete

Dwev

Good to hear that it works!

And thanks for the feedback, didn't know that it could take a while for this to take hold, it worked immediately on my server.

Advertisement: