News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loli

I just installed this and couldn't be anymore impressed, highly recommend it.

chadon

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 13, 2019, 05:54:16 PM
How do you update the URL for a topic if you change the subject? I've tried running the maintenance tasks but that hasn't changed anything.
The only way is to modify the entries in the Pretty URLs' database. I had to do it a few times because of complaints from non members or businesses and it is a pain. It would be great to have a feature that would do it from the admin panel.

Arantor

Though it is kind of deliberate to avoid breaking links to things...

horisize

I installed pretty url , but didnt get it to work. So, i uninstalled it, but keep getting these errors.

Error
Type of error: Undefined_vars
Error message: 8: Undefined index: pretty_enable_filters
File: /home/csscpsg2/public_html/smf/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 30
URL of page causing the error: https://csscpsg.org/smf/index.php?board=25.0 [nofollow]
Backtrace information
#0: smf_error_handler()
Called from /home/csscpsg2/public_html/smf/Sources/MessageIndex.php on line 30
#1: MessageIndex()
Called from /home/csscpsg2/public_html/smf/index.php on line 163

vbgamer45

Did the mod make all the changes to the your smf forum?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

horisize

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 29, 2019, 04:24:20 PM
Did the mod make all the changes to the your smf forum?

I have no idea. It is spamming my error section, so id like to fix the error.

vbgamer45

If you uninstalled it that means it shouldn't be in the files any more.
That means a file failed to uninstall check Sources/MessageIndex.php and remove any related code.
You can upload it via https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html and get the install/uninstall steps

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

naijacrux

attached is the harm this mod cause to my website,i noticed my website becomes slow and my server cpu fill rate increased.after a week of installing this mod. i checked everything until i checked my php admin. this mod create a cache tabel and kept storing cache without clearing them making the website slow and also also hosting server. i have removed the mod now until the op fix this issue.

vbgamer45

Use non caching option that should help

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

naijacrux

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 22, 2019, 09:15:25 AM
Use non caching option that should help

none cache option is worse,i tried and it still stores cache secretly and hidden and makes the website to lag and also the server..i have removed the mod. my website runs smoothly since i removed the mod.

the op need to update this mod and remove the cache issue completely.

Totosfo

Hello all,

I'm getting the same error:

http://forum.usa-reise.de/index.php?topic=30407.60

8: Undefined index: pretty_enable_filters

Datei: /pages/d7/54/d0014341/home/htdocs/usa-reise.de/smf/smf-v2a/Sources/Display.php
Zeile: 74

It's the same for MessageIndex, etc. Apart from that, PrettyURLs is working so far for me.

Line 78 in Display.php is the line where the curly brackets open:

$filterData = unserialize($modSettings['pretty_filters']);
if ($filterData['topics']['enabled'])
{
$url = 'topic=' . $topic . '.' . (isset($_REQUEST['start']) ? $_REQUEST['start'] : '0') . (isset($_REQUEST['prev_next']) ? ';prev_next=' . $_REQUEST['prev_next'] : '') . (isset($_REQUEST['topicseen']) ? ';topicseen' : '') . (isset($_REQUEST['all']) ? ';all' : '') . (isset($_REQUEST['viewResults']) ? ';viewResults' : '');
header('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
redirectexit($url, false);
}

Any help is appreciated, my error log is growing with every visit... - thank you in advance!

Regards, Thomas
Cheers,

Thomas

vbgamer45

Run pretty urls maintenance task in the admin area for pretty urls

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Totosfo

Thank you very much, this indeed did the trick.

I am curious now - before I dig into the script and have a look at the db - what did it change?

Going to truncate the huuuuuuuge log now.

Regards,

Thomas

Cheers,

Thomas

vbgamer45

It looks like the array wasnt populated correctly.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Totosfo

Thanks again.

170313 records affected. (The query took 3.0448 seconds.)

Let's hope that the log stays neat and small now.

Cheers,

Thomas
Cheers,

Thomas

bod22

Hi,

I have a problem with Pretty URLs on my forum. I don't know why but when I have prime (') in the title of the topic I can't open it. ;/ It always redirects me to the board where the topic is placed. What can be wrong? I didn't notice this issue in the past/ I guess it happend when I updated the mod.

Thanks for any help.

bod22

vbgamer45

More than likely an edit wasn't made it to sources/querystring.php

Recheck that all the edits were made
You can upload the package to https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html to find the edits.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

bod22

Thank you for the reply. I checked it and all changes to sources/querystring.php have been done correctly.

I use SMF 2.0.15 and I've changed recently to PHP 7.2 and installed SMF 2.0.X - PHP 7.2+ Compatibility. Perhaps this has sth to do with this error?

vbgamer45

I haven't tested on 7.2 yet. I have gone up to php 7.1 but I don't think that would be the cause.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: