News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] punBB 1.3

Started by JayBachatero, February 01, 2007, 09:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Software: punBB
Version: 1.3

This is the official support topic for punBB converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.

Changelog
! When converting posts make sure to select the correct posterName and not 'Guest'. (punbb_to_smf.sql)
!Updated for punBB 1.3 Support.

Password Support for punBB 1.3 and above
punBB 3 has their own custom password hash so you need to edit LogInOut.php to add support for password conversion. Alternatively, you can used the punbb_login_fix.zip modification (attached below) via Package Manager.

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.   
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

caimlas

Thank you for your intrepid efforts!

I have PunBB installed on the same server, but using a database on a different server (godaddy) and I'm trying to convert. Additionally, I'm on 1.2.12.

From what I understand, there haven't been too many chances from 1.2.5 to .12 so unless the conversion script has some odd behavior, it should work. Right? Also, it bases it off the database (as far as I know) so would it not be just as easy to have a file dialog to provide a database dump which to process from (local to the server or file dialog)? I'm sorry, I know I ask for a lot.

JayBachatero

The converter should work on .12.  The converter works dirrectly from the database so you can't convert from a database dump.
Follow me on Twitter

amit

umm, would it be too hard to add the facility in converter to migrate PMs and polls? actually I've mods for those two installed & would like to migrate them as well if its not too much of a hassle. :)

JayBachatero

ATM there is no way to convert these.  Maybe in the future.
Follow me on Twitter

amit

Quote from: JayBachatero on August 07, 2007, 12:40:44 AM
ATM there is no way to convert these.  Maybe in the future.

ah! will it be near future or far away future? I'll think about writing one myself! :)

JayBachatero

Can't really guarantee anything since I'm busy with RL ATM.
Follow me on Twitter

amit

Quote from: JayBachatero on August 07, 2007, 02:59:17 AM
Can't really guarantee anything since I'm busy with RL ATM.

ok, no problem, I'll see if I get around to writing one! :)

Tuplad

So like, how does this actually work ? I'm running a punBB forum with a couple of addons (also private message addon and a poll topic addon). How does the convertation goes?

amit

Quote from: Tuplad on March 21, 2008, 02:58:29 PM
So like, how does this actually work ? I'm running a punBB forum with a couple of addons (also private message addon and a poll topic addon). How does the convertation goes?
It will not import polls & private messages from PunBB!! Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to write a modification for that as well!!

Tuplad

It's no biggy, screw the PMs and polls, there's just one poll anyway. But how do I use it ? I really can't figure it out. I've got a SMF installation ready on an other server(I want to move there).

Tuplad

Oh I pretty much figured it out, damn, can't it just convert my database in a new file so I can import it ?

JayBachatero

Quote from: Tuplad on March 22, 2008, 08:29:54 AM
Oh I pretty much figured it out, damn, can't it just convert my database in a new file so I can import it ?
What do you mean?  You mean convert w/o having punBB installed?  If so then you would need to replicate the config file for punBB and point the converter to the directory where you placed the config file.
Follow me on Twitter

Tuplad

Quote from: JayBachatero on March 24, 2008, 01:18:32 AM
Quote from: Tuplad on March 22, 2008, 08:29:54 AM
What do you mean?  You mean convert w/o having punBB installed?  If so then you would need to replicate the config file for punBB and point the converter to the directory where you placed the config file.
Aha, that's nice. But I recall getting an error when I tried to import the mysql database backup from my old server to my new one and I got some kind of error. Shall I post it here or is it of no use ?

JayBachatero

Post the error here and I'll see what's up.
Follow me on Twitter

Tuplad

So, I ran convert.php on my server, and it converted perfectly :) Example: http://tuplad.vass373.com/SMF/

So, now I'm going to export all smf_ tables in my database and import it to: http://inventivecircle.com/tuplad/

I get this:
Error

SQL query:

--
-- Dumping data for table `smf_attachments`
--
INSERT INTO `smf_attachments` ( `ID_ATTACH` , `ID_THUMB` , `ID_MSG` , `ID_MEMBER` , `attachmentType` , `filename` , `size` , `downloads` , `width` , `height` )
VALUES ( 1, 0, 0, 3, 0, '3.jpg', 3536, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 2, 0, 0, 4, 0, '4.jpg', 8923, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 3, 0, 0, 5, 0, '5.jpg', 3859, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 4, 0, 0, 7, 0, '7.gif', 5694, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 5, 0, 0, 8, 0, '8.jpg', 4059, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 6, 0, 0, 9, 0, '9.jpg', 3608, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 7, 0, 0, 10, 0, '10.jpg', 5814, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 8, 0, 0, 11, 0, '11.jpg', 6699, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 9, 0, 0, 20, 0, '20.jpg', 6074, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 10, 0, 0, 12, 0, '12.jpg', 7924, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 11, 0, 0, 14, 0, '14.png', 36201, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 12, 0, 0, 17, 0, '17.jpg', 4730, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 13, 0, 0, 16, 0, '16.jpg', 4431, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 14, 0, 0, 22, 0, '22.jpg', 3585, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 15, 0, 0, 23, 0, '23.jpg', 11742, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 16, 0, 0, 25, 0, '25.jpg', 6021, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 17, 0, 0, 26, 0, '26.jpg', 3552, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 18, 0, 0, 50, 0, '50.jpg', 5493, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 19, 0, 0, 28, 0, '28.jpg', 4413, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 20, 0, 0, 31, 0, '31.jpg', 9152, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 21, 0, 0, 35, 0, '35.jpg', 8746, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 22, 0, 0, 45, 0, '45.jpg', 5131, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 23, 0, 0, 46, 0, '46.jpg', 7202, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 24, 0, 0, 53, 0, '53.jpg', 3897, 0, 0, 0 ) , ( 25, 0, 0, 57, 0, '57.jpg', 3632, 0, 0, 0 ) ;

Answer MySQL: 
#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

Whilst if I import it into an other, empty MySQL database it goes perfect. I'll try cleaning the DB and importing it fresh.

:-\ AND IT WORKS !!! MUAHAHHAA :D I will rule the world!

Thanks for the support fellas ;)

Tuplad

Hmm, but this problem appears now: I can not login. I always get the error: "Failed to login. Check your cookie settings."

I even requested my password and it still didn't work.

EDIT: It works with my other browser though. Weird, I probably have to clear my cookies?

JayBachatero

Change the cookie name.  Admin > Server Settings > Feature Configuration.

If that doesn't work then make a new topic about the issues since it's not really converter related.
Follow me on Twitter

Tuplad

It works flawless now :) Thanks for everything!

spikeweb

Thanks for this great converter !!
I just tried to run it against a 1.2.17 Punbb and works fine.
I just need to fix a database error where I get accentuated characters wrong when in SMF.
Example on the screenshot attached.

Both PunBB and SMF DB are UTF-8 encoded, utf8_general_ci

Any idea on how to get it right ?

Thanks

JayBachatero

Did you initially set SMF up with UTF-8 Support?  Also what convert.php file did you use?
Follow me on Twitter

Agkelos

Hi!

I try converting a punBB forum into SMF and I get the following error:

Converting banned users... Successful.
Converting smileys... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `domain_board`.smf_smileys
    ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

Any ideea where the problem could be?

The punBB version is 1.2.15

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Agkelos

NYCAnon

Any chance of this getting updated to work with punbb 1.3 soon?  I want to migrate my forum to something better but conversion fails.

SleePy

You can request for an updated version on our converter requests page

http://custom.simplemachines.org/converter_request.php
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

NYCAnon

D9r

Quote from: TE on February 01, 2009, 02:09:14 PM
our guide should help you: Converting to SMF

the converter is located on our downloads page:
http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters
(or direct link: http://www.simplemachines.org/download/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-7_punbb_converter.zip)

I'm running an older version from 2005: PunBB 1.2.11. Will smf_1-1-8_punbb_converter work OK, or do I need to upgrade PunBB to a newer version (1.2.21 or 1.3.x)? Thanks.

Just found this topic: [SMF Converter] punBB  From reading the thread it sounds like the converter handles punBB 1.2.11 just fine. (But it would still be helpful to get a confirmation before I go and mess things up. ;))

Also, the converter appears to convert to SMF 1.1.8, not 1.1.7, which would mean the initial install can be 1.1.8 instead of 1.1.7.

ThorstenE

there are no database changes made in SMF between 1.1.7 and 1.1.8. The converters will work with any SMF 1.1.(x) version.

Try the punBB converter, if you get errors please let us know.

Marco_Shields

Hi im using PunBB 1.3.5 and trying to convert to SMF 2.0 on my local machine (WAMP)

I upload the punbb_login_fix package and install it
I extract the smf 2.0 punbb converter to my root folder
I run localhost/smf/convert.php

The posts & users all convert successfully but I cannot login as admin or any user.

Gotipe

Hello, I am new here and recently found SimpleMachines out, mostly for SimplePortal as a frontpage, but since it is so heavily dependent on the Simple Machines forum and I got very eager to try this out, I wonder if the converter from PunBB will include the private messages data when I copy the database for conversion?

Jasper79

Well said Mavin, Totally agree. People come here to solve their issues, they share their views with us but their questions really get tired but it doesn't mean we should give up. These kind of Forums really help us to get the things which we were not aware before. Thanks buddy being helpful to us.

jcarv

I'm trying to convert a large and old punbb 1.2.7 to SMF. I've downloaded the scripts from the converters area and I get this error:

Making sure database structure is appropriate...Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    id AS id_member, SUBSTRING(username, 1, 80) AS member_name,
    registered AS date_registered, num_posts AS posts,
    IF(group_id = 1, 1, IF(group_id = 2, 2, 0)) AS id_group,
    SUBSTRING(title, 1, 255) AS usertitle, last_visit AS last_login,
    SUBSTRING(password, 1, 64) AS passwd,
    SUBSTRING(IFNULL(realname, username), 1, 255) AS real_name,
    SUBSTRING(location, 1, 255) AS location,
    SUBSTRING(email, 1, 255) AS email_address,
    SUBSTRING(url, 1, 255) AS website_title,
    SUBSTRING(url, 1, 255) AS website_url, SUBSTRING(aim, 1, 16) AS aim,
    SUBSTRING(icq, 1, 255) AS icq, SUBSTRING(signature, 1, 65534) AS signature,
    SUBSTRING(yahoo, 1, 32) AS yim, SUBSTRING(msn, 1, 255) AS msn,
    IF(email_setting = 0, 0, 1) AS hide_email,
    timezone AS time_offset, SUBSTRING(registration_ip, 1, 255) AS member_ip,
    '' AS lngfile, '' AS buddy_list, '' AS pm_ignore_list, '' AS message_labels,
    '' AS personal_text, '' AS time_format, '' AS avatar, '' AS usertitle,
    '' AS secret_question, '' AS secret_answer, '' AS validation_code,
    '' AS additional_groups, '' AS smiley_set, salt AS password_salt,
    SUBSTRING(registration_ip, 1, 255) AS member_ip2
    FROM (mydatabase).1212_users
    WHERE id != 1
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'salt' in 'field list'

webriddles

Hi, I have the same problem as jcarv. I use PunBB 1.2.12 and i want to convert to the lastest version of SMF. Please help me, this is very important to me...  :'(

Gotipe

Greetings,
I have been testing out SMF the last months and am planning to convert my forum in its' entirety to SMF once and for all!
What I am wondering is if it is possible for a converter to import the messages table from PunBB private messages to the SMF counterpart? :/
Feel abit stranded on a dying platform atm, :P

Gotipe

Does this even work with SMF 2.0? :S I am unsure since in the punbb_to_smf.sql it says:
---~ version: "SMF 1.1"

And on other places text indicates this is not done for SMF 2.0 which was released some years ago. :/ (Request has been added in case)

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Gotipe on November 14, 2011, 01:09:01 PM
Does this even work with SMF 2.0? :S I am unsure since in the punbb_to_smf.sql it says:
---~ version: "SMF 1.1"

And on other places text indicates this is not done for SMF 2.0 which was released some years ago. :/ (Request has been added in case)

Try the one at http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=punbb. I don't know which versions of punBB that works with, but that's the only version that's available for SMF 2.0.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Gotipe

Thanks for the link, appreciated, :)
but when I run the converter linked to above, it seems to work until converting topics where I get the following error:
Duplicate entry '551' for key 'PRIMARY'

What does this mean, :S

Gotipe

Anybody who can help with this? :(
QuoteConverting...
Making sure database structure is appropriate...Converting members... Successful.
Converting avatars... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Duplicate entry '551' for key 'PRIMARY'

EDIT: I have tried to repair both the PunBB and SMF topic tables before conversion, to empty the SMF topic table before conversion and optimize the tables before conversion (In phpMyAdmin).
There isn't two rows with the topic id 551 in PunBB's topic table and absolutely not in the SMF table as far as I can see.
When I remove topic 551 in PunBB the error goes on to topic id 552 instead.

Gotipe

I've sat here days and days and plowed through half Google it seems and then it was just this...? -_-
Couldn't have been so hard, perhaps now somebody who administers the converter can fix this or at least alert those who after me might get the same error.

dayslypper

Hello I'm trying to convert from punBB 1.4.2 to SMF 2.0.4 and this occured:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=483710.msg3490905#msg3490905
QuoteConverting...

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/free/ic.cz/h/health/root/www/forum/convert.php on line 972

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/free/ic.cz/h/health/root/www/forum/convert.php on line 975

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/free/ic.cz/h/health/root/www/forum/convert.php on line 987
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/free/ic.cz/h/health/root/www/forum/convert.php on line 2494

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/free/ic.cz/h/health/root/www/forum/convert.php on line 2495

Notice: Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in /home/free/ic.cz/h/health/root/www/forum/convert.php on line 1386

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/free/ic.cz/h/health/root/www/forum/convert.php on line 1386

Same problem as here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=445911.msg3131734#msg3131734

But I don't understand the solution. :-(

Should I edit convert.php somehow?

I'm using files here: http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=punbb

Without change in Opera, Firefox, IE 9.

Quite often problem, but no clear public answer:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=492066.0
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=474820.msg3320349#msg3320349
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=451468.0

Can be problem, that converter is for SMF 2.0?

zyxmon

Punbb 1.3.6 uses salt to login in the code

sha1($salt.sha1($input_password));

Add the following line to LogInOut.php

$other_passwords[] = sha1($user_settings['password_salt'] . sha1($_POST['passwrd']));

After the line
$other_passwords = array();
Next thing to do is to restore admin password, that does not work.

Advertisement: