News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Disable Date Time Stamp

Started by arromus, August 05, 2004, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arromus

Is there a way to disable the time date stamp that shows when a post was made? IE. I don't want the post to have the date of when it was posted on my board.

Thank you,

Arromus

[Unknown]

Yes, you can modify templates to take it out.... which places do you want it not to show up?

Everywhere?  That would be in the MessageIndex (list of topics), Recent (new topics), Display (topic), BoardIndex (the main page of the forum), Search (search... ;).), and a few other templates.

There is no button to click, however, to stop showing the times things were posted on. (so you will need to modify templates... but, you won't have to modify the source files.)

-[Unknown]

arromus

Thank you for your quick reply!  ;)

Arromus

arromus

Could you give me an example of the coding I'm looking fo in the MessageIndex... file.

Thanks,

Arromus

arromus

Is this the code I need to remove?

<td class="smalltext" valign="middle" width="22%">';

if (!empty($board['last_post']['id']))
            echo '
         ', $txt[22], ' ', $txt[30], ' ', $board['last_post']['time'], '<br />
         ', $txt['smf88'], ' ', $board['last_post']['link'], ' ', $txt[525], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'];

echo '
      </td>

Thanks...

[Unknown]

Quote from: arromus on August 05, 2004, 09:34:45 PM
Is this the code I need to remove?

echo '
         ', $txt[22], ' ', $txt[30], ' ', $board['last_post']['time'], '<br />
         ', $txt['smf88'], ' ', $board['last_post']['link'], ' ', $txt[525], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'];

echo '
      </td>

Thanks...

That will affect this part:

Last post on Today at 05:56:13pm
in Re: Something... by Someone

To make that read like this:
Last post in Re: Something... by Someone

Make the code you quoted look like this:

echo '
', $txt[22], ' ', $txt['smf88'], ' ', $board['last_post']['link'], ' ', $txt[525], ' ', $board['last_post']['member']['link'];

echo '
</td>

-[Unknown]

arromus

Again,

Thanks for your help...

I'm moving away from YABBSE and was waiting for SMF to come out. I appreciate your willingness to help. I finally looked at it today and was happy to see it is on 1 .5 beta

Arromus

arromus

Greetings,

When I've implemented the change to some templates, I get the following showing up:

Where it say's array then poster...

Is it possible to post the default template changes where all Time/Date functionality is removed on the forum. I'm sure I will not be the only one looking for this feature.

Thank you,

Arromus...

[Unknown]

Can you paste the change exactly as you made it?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: