"Groups"-tab settings has no function

Started by gdorfer, February 05, 2007, 06:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdorfer

dear smf-fans,

i am using joomla 1.0.12 and smf 1.1.1 merged with the bridge from simplemachines.org; everything works really fine expect one thing:
i have many existing members in smf (which have been imported from an old phpbb) and i would like to have a specific group from smf to be author/publisher in joomla.

in the bridge configuration there is a tab for "groups" where i can give a similar joomla group for the smf groups. i can give whatever i want, i already set every group to "author". whenever i check the joomla ranks everyone is only "registered".

the group tab is only working for smf-admins and not more. i've already checked if the bridge only recognizes primary user groups from smf, but this doesn't work either.

i don't know what i should do concerning this problem. do you have any ideas?

greetings
günther

Orstio

After Saving the settings in the Groups tab, in order to make all the changes immediate, you must go to the Synch tab and Synch the groups.

gdorfer

thanks for the reply.

i've already synced the groups, and when i do this i only get super administrators and "registered"...

gdorfer

I've now check the table jos_smf_groups and saw that there were hundreds of group_sync entries. i've now deleted everything and now it seems to work except of one thing:

everytime i change something in the group tabs the bridge doesn't update the group_sync entries, it creates new ones?!?! what can i do about that?

furthermore, one question:
am i right if i think that the bridge only recognizes the primary group and doesn't see if the user is assigned to other groups too, which would have a higher joomla user level?

gdorfer

now that i knew my problem, i've found a code fix for the bridge code to do the mysql update right, from http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=117579.0
thanks a lot;

please, someone to answer my last question and tell me if its possible to do that?

Advertisement: