News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

up-loadable sig images

Started by cvroy, February 06, 2007, 11:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvroy

To give admins better control over sig image size limits, I think it would be great if users could upload their sigs like they do avatars. If they they upload a new one it deletes their old one off the server like the avatar code does. I have SMF 1.1.1 and I have a limit set of 500WX150H using the sig mod from here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=528

however I do find users being able to remote display larger ones... even if I hit the "click here to apply" to have it check all the sigs in the user profiles.

so, if the users could upload it would enforce the rules every time with no way to bypass. VB had this option and I loved that one in particular. I happen to like SMF better though, easier to set up and work with, and less errors in my logs :)

An option to have them display once per page would be nice too, saves loading time. Anyway to cache the sigs on the client?

Here is my SMF, it is bridged with joomla. http://wgs.sbservers.com [nofollow]

cvroy

perplexed

I have a problem with file sizes rather than height width problems, so what I would like the signature settings mod to do - or this one - is set a file size limit.

If they were stored on the server, then they really would have to overwrite the last one as I wouldnt want banners taking up my space.  Or maybe they could be deleted like avatars via routine maintenance.

Also you would have to have settings like the avatar settings to prevent people from linking to banners outside the forum, otherwise they still would, right?

There is already a mod that takes care of only displaying signatures once per page.

cvroy

Oh, good point on the file size of the sig... I forgot about that. Also, do you have a link to the sig-once-per-page mod... I searched and could not find it. Is it a package I install?

cvroy

Cool, thanks :)

Still would be cool to upload sig files.

perplexed

yes I agree, I posted in the signature mod thread with some suggestions about that,maybe for expanding the mod if possible

Advertisement: