News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] IPB 2.0.x

Started by JayBachatero, February 08, 2007, 11:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sokoll

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

sokoll

Hi, sorry! I tested your sript, but it caused an error
I understood that it was a test base -  MySQL 5.0.45, but real one - phpMyAdmin 2.6.3-pl1 MySQL 3.23.58.
Could You help me in this case?

SleePy

Where did you get the first one btw?

What errors are you getting?

I would highly recommend contacting your host and ask about MySQL version and possibly upgrading if they are using such an old version of MySQL (3.23.58). MySQL 4.x.x itself is no longer supported by MySQL AB and so is MySQL 3.x.x.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

sokoll

Hi, ok! What version MySQL will be better for this converter?

SleePy

Personally I would recommend any MySQL 5 version (I am using the latest 5.0 release which is 5.0.51 5.0.67 I believe) as it is supported by the MySQL AB team and has improvements over the older versions, but even having any version of MySQL 4 would be better than what you currently have.

If you are going to upgrade MySQL, please make sure to read the MySQL documentation on upgrading and have backups incase the worse happens.

sokoll

Hi, I backup Data Base hosts  MySQL (3.23.58) and restored at localhost ( MySQL 5.0.45). Started converter and it caused an error

"Сonverting...
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll logs... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 3)...Error in convert script - line 321!
Error in convert script - line 323!
Error in convert script - line 324!
Error in convert script - line 335!
Error in convert script - line 338!
Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT hxxp:pm.id [nonactive]_PM, hxxp:m.mt [nonactive]_vid_folder AS folder
FROM `db_premacy`.smf_personal_messages AS pm
INNER JOIN `db_premacy`.ipb_message_topics AS m ON (m.mt_msg_id = hxxp:pm.id [nonactive]_PM)
WHERE hxxp:m.mt [nonactive]_vid_folder = 'sent'
TRUNCATE `db_premacy`.smf_log_notify;
Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TRUNCATE `db_premacy`.smf_log_notify' at line 5"

Please, give me some recommendations

SleePy

Ooops forgot the closing ; on two queries.

sokoll

Thank's, but it caused the next error:

"Converting...
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll logs... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 3)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting yearly events... Successful.
Converting permissions... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `db_premacy`.smf_membergroups
(ID_GROUP, groupName, maxMessages, onlineColor, stars)
VALUES
(7 + 3, SUBSTRING('Модераторы', 1, 255), 50, '', '');
Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '10' for key 1"

SleePy

Alright, hopefully this one gets it.

sokoll

Hi, thank you! Congratulations, you are  the best!
Converter is finished, but there are some errors. Look file.

SleePy

Well it appears that a few attachments and some avatars did not convert. If that isn't a worry to you then you can ignore those.

For the avatars not converting it looks like it is missing a setting that tells it where the avatars are uploaded.

For attachments it looks like the attachments path may be incorrect.

mestresan

I am trying convert my invision 2.0.3 for SMF, but I receive message:

Converting...
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

Norv

Can you please make sure to use the last package for download on the Downloads > Converters page, for SMF 2.0 RC3? (or to confirm if you were using it)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

pk74

Trying to convert ipb 2.0.4 free hosted to SMF 2.0.

I downloaded the .sql backup of my ipb, imported it into a new database.  Downloaded SMF 2.0, installed it to the SAME db with the same user and perms.   Installed the convert files, created a custom conf_global.php, put it in the correct place, gave it the correct parameters, and the conversion starts...

except..

"Converting...
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)"

Any suggestions?

rtil

Quote from: pk74 on September 04, 2011, 10:34:01 PM
Trying to convert ipb 2.0.4 free hosted to SMF 2.0.

I downloaded the .sql backup of my ipb, imported it into a new database.  Downloaded SMF 2.0, installed it to the SAME db with the same user and perms.   Installed the convert files, created a custom conf_global.php, put it in the correct place, gave it the correct parameters, and the conversion starts...

except..

"Converting...
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)"

Any suggestions?
i get this as well. there are posts about this all over the forum with no real solution. i'm surprised a major error like this has persisted in the converters.

WesternDigi

A year ago had to convert my IPB v2.0.* forum to new SMF 2.0.11 version.
It was very hard, but I did it  :D

Improvements I made:
1)Changed old domain "olddomain.org" to "newdomain.com" in every post(even pm).
2)Fixed attachment problem(converter couldnt find them).
3)Fixed all IPB-style links, like "index.php?showtopic=", "index.php?showforum=", "index.php?showuser=" to SMF-style.

Enjoy this script  ;)

P.S: I want to thank the converter.php authors for such a great work !

autonomy

have IPB 2.0.0 PF 4 trying to migrate to smf. getting the date error...

trying your modified script WesternDigi, but it just sits on "converting members..." not doing anything.

error log shows:

[18-May-2020 06:26:28 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: mysqli_result::$EOF in /home/public_html/convertcustom/convert.php on line 2760
[18-May-2020 06:26:28 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: mysqli_result::$Fields in /home/public_html/convertcustom/convert.php on line 2764
[18-May-2020 06:26:28 UTC] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/convertcustom/convert.php on line 2765
[18-May-2020 06:26:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method mysqli_result::MoveNext() in /home/public_html/convertcustom/convert.php on line 2770

autonomy

To clarify, I am trying to migrate IPB 2.0.0 PF 4 (trial i believe) to any version of SMF.

I have a centos server running the old IPB under php 5.1 using cloudlinux php selector. server running mysql 5.6. i have hxxp:mydomain.com/ipb2 [nonactive] for the IPB 2.0.0 install and hxxp:mydomain.com/smf [nonactive] for whatever version of SMF I attempt to convert to.

So far I have failed using old convertors built to migrate IPB 2.0.x to SMF 1.1.x. I am getting the following errors:

1) first errors about SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE, which i remove the related function according to this topic: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=528263.0

2) then i rerun convert.php which works for a few tables but gets the following error at topic conversion:

QuoteConverting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `mydomain_smf1`.smf_topics
(ID_TOPIC, isSticky, ID_BOARD, ID_MEMBER_STARTED, ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, ID_POLL, numReplies, numViews, ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_LAST_MSG, locked)
VALUES ('3', '0', '2', '1', '153', '', '53114', '537032', '3', '801314', '1'),
('4', '0', '2', '1', '6659', '', '29214', '274098', '4', '801168', '1'),
('5', '0', '2', '1', '69', '', '37960', '407549', '5', '801040', '1'),
('2184', '0', '2', '87', '9', '', '117', '1101', '100510', '620633', '0'),
('2185', '0', '2', '87', '87', '', '171', '1267', '100565', '926012', '0');
Caused the error:
Incorrect integer value: '' for column `mydomain_smf1`.`smf_topics`.`ID_POLL` at row 1

Not sure where to go from there... Had to give up trying to convert to SMF version 1.x

When using convert scripts to migrate IPB 2.0.x to SMF 2.0.x, I have also failed getting the following error:

"Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)"

Using WesternDigi's attached convert.php, as above, I get a little more detail on the error_log:

Quote[18-May-2020 06:26:28 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: mysqli_result::$EOF in /home/public_html/convertcustom/convert.php on line 2760
[18-May-2020 06:26:28 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: mysqli_result::$Fields in /home/public_html/convertcustom/convert.php on line 2764
[18-May-2020 06:26:28 UTC] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/public_html/convertcustom/convert.php on line 2765
[18-May-2020 06:26:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method mysqli_result::MoveNext() in /home/public_html/convertcustom/convert.php on line 2770

not really sure where to go from there troubleshooting those error points. any suggestions?

Advertisement: