SMF 1.0 RC1 Now Available

Started by [Unknown], August 10, 2004, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarantinoArchives

...some peole just dont realiize and respect the amount of work that goes into software like this.
I am fully satisfied with RC1, its the best i've ever had, since i moved from yabbgold. cant wait for the final release, you guys are doing a marvellous job

newground

#181
Great Work!!! !!!

Let the SMF software do the talking because it does a much better job then the rest.



cheers
NG
hxxp:64.40.98.227/tsonly [nonactive]

paulheu

I noticed users do no longer have their (custom) avatars after updating to RC1.. How can I fix that?

[Unknown]

Quote from: paulheu on September 15, 2004, 04:47:15 PM
I noticed users do no longer have their (custom) avatars after updating to RC1.. How can I fix that?

It's a permission; just go and allow "choose a remote avatar".

-[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

Quote from: paulheu on September 09, 2004, 07:25:50 PM
Now if SMF paypal procedure would stop asking for my CC (which I do not have) and just take my money..

If you've got a check card, just use that, and then make sure you've always got enough money in your bank account to cover any paypal transactions. The reason they ask you for your credit card is because they want a backup source in case there's ever a problem transferring money from your primary source (such as your bank account).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

paulheu

Quote from: Oldiesmann on September 15, 2004, 05:20:06 PM
Quote from: paulheu on September 09, 2004, 07:25:50 PM
Now if SMF paypal procedure would stop asking for my CC (which I do not have) and just take my money..

If you've got a check card, just use that,
It's been resolved (and payed for..)

CartDestr

#186
Hello
One question... It's possible give guest users? (how in phpbb)
I need this option beacuse all the users of my forum use first the option of guest one or two days before register...
Thanks...
Sorry for my bad english  ::)
Ok, I found the solution in the spanish forum:
Quote from: PeterPaul on April 03, 2004, 08:24:46 AM
Vete a:

ADMINISTRACION >> EDITAR PERMISOS

y en "Invitados no registrados" dale a MODIFICAR

Y pon ESTABLECER en:


Publicar nuevos temas


Publicar respuestas a temas

Tema propio:
Cuelquier otro Tema:


I dont need help now, dont reply this menssaje ;D

qm

Help!

I have just run the upgrade from yabbse 1.54 to this release, everything seemed to go okay, but I get this error

Notice: Undefined index: time_format in /home/sites/site242/web/yabbse/Sources/Load.php on line 2358: Undefined index: time_format
/home/sites/site242/web/yabbse/Sources/Load.php
235

How can I fix this?

[Unknown]

Quote from: qm on September 17, 2004, 02:47:01 PM
Help!

I have just run the upgrade from yabbse 1.54 to this release, everything seemed to go okay, but I get this error

Notice: Undefined index: time_format in /home/sites/site242/web/yabbse/Sources/Load.php on line 2358: Undefined index: time_format
/home/sites/site242/web/yabbse/Sources/Load.php
235

How can I fix this?

This is because you deleted/cleaned Settings.php before upgrading.  The upgrade.php expected you to have some settings in Settings.php.

To fix this, go in to Admin -> Edit Features and Options, and set some missing settings.

-[Unknown]

qm

I can't get the board up and running and trying to access admin.php directly ends up in a hacking attempt!

[Unknown]

Quote from: qm on September 17, 2004, 03:19:52 PM
I can't get the board up and running and trying to access admin.php directly ends up in a hacking attempt!

Don't access Admin.php directly; use index.php?action=admin.  Another option would be to try using repair_settings.php from the tools and converters part of the download page.

-[Unknown]

qm

Hmm, the repair_settings works, but I can't get it to accept the default theme url, default theme images url or the default theme directory. It recommends some settings that I choose, click save settings, and it just comes back saying Values not found? Nearly there I suspect!

[Unknown]

Quote from: qm on September 17, 2004, 03:55:23 PM
Hmm, the repair_settings works, but I can't get it to accept the default theme url, default theme images url or the default theme directory. It recommends some settings that I choose, click save settings, and it just comes back saying Values not found? Nearly there I suspect!

Perhaps the database connection information is wrong, then?

-[Unknown]

qm

Seems ok. Just doesn't want to know about the last three items mentioned. Do I assume it then writes a new settigns file, coz it is not doing that.

qm

Bloomin odd! I could install a fresh version of smf, but it just does not want to know with an upgrade! So I have gone back to my old yabbse board and all is well again...thank goodness!

I must admit, I am reluctant to try again,4 hours of fiddling was horrendous.

Is it possible to back up my old mysql database, then import the data in to a new one with a fresh installation of smf?

[Unknown]

Quote from: qm on September 17, 2004, 05:27:29 PM
Is it possible to back up my old mysql database, then import the data in to a new one with a fresh installation of smf?

Actually, the upgrader will offer a similar option - it can create copies of all the tables with a different prefix.  Should anything go wrong, you can switch YaBB SE to use the backup prefix and it should work.

Are you sure that, after uploading the upgrade files, you ran upgrade.php?  Because, if you did, YaBB SE wouldn't work unless you restored that backup - which you may have done, I'm just suggesting a possibility.  It's easy to miss such little details.

If those settings wouldn't save, and the database details were right, the themes table must not exist.  If that table does not exist, upgrade.php did not complete properly.

If this is the case, my earlier comment about cleaning/deleting Settings.php is moot.

-[Unknown]

qm

Yes I did run the upgrade.php. It had a couple of table errors, but stated that I could ignore those.

The mysql database is kept on a different server which I don't have direct access to. I did a database dump after getting yabbse to run again, and noticed that there are some smf prefixes in it that weren't there before when I did a database dump this morning.

I tried a fresh install of smf using the smf_ database prefixes, as the original database file doesn't have any prefix set. When the smf started up everything was fine, except no data. When I went back in to the admin and removed the smf_ prefix, it just crashed again!

So currently I am back to where I was with the old yabbse board and it seems to be running fine.

[Unknown]

Quote from: qm on September 17, 2004, 05:56:02 PM
Yes I did run the upgrade.php. It had a couple of table errors, but stated that I could ignore those.

The SMF upgrader does not tell you you can ignore anything; I think you were using a YaBB SE upgrade.php - such as for 1.4.x -> 1.5.x.  Can you make sure it's the one from SMF?  It should be at least 100 kb (as it makes A LOT of changes, all of which have to work, few of which can be skipped/ignored when coming from YaBB SE.)

QuoteThe mysql database is kept on a different server which I don't have direct access to. I did a database dump after getting yabbse to run again, and noticed that there are some smf prefixes in it that weren't there before when I did a database dump this morning.

That's odd; Both the upgrader and SMF won't  create tables without your knowledge or at least prefix.

QuoteI tried a fresh install of smf using the smf_ database prefixes, as the original database file doesn't have any prefix set. When the smf started up everything was fine, except no data. When I went back in to the admin and removed the smf_ prefix, it just crashed again!

Of course it did, your database was still YaBB SE.  SMF requires a SIGNIFICANTLY updated one, and as such it failed when you did this...

-[Unknown]

qm

yes that was the problem, and old upgrade.php file, for some reason it did not get overwritten.

Anyway, I have installed and upgaded ok now, but although everything is viewable, I can't log in, the page is not available when I do that, any ideas?

qm

All working well now, must have just been a slow server or something. Thanks for your help, really appreciated it!

Advertisement: