News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.0 RC1 Now Available

Started by [Unknown], August 10, 2004, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinoth

I may be leaving RC1 and prefer using Beta5 which is far more stable than Rc1!
Vinoth And Sachin ( SpecHackers Team )
The Best  Way to Help Poor Is not Becoming One Of Them.

Grudge

Quote from: whtgoogle on August 12, 2004, 09:17:08 AM
I may be leaving RC1 and prefer using Beta5 which is far more stable than Rc1!
What a load of rubbish. The only real problems in RC1 are people having to adapt some old templates. I've seen no bugs worth noting more than that.
I'm only a half geek really...

Vinoth

ok my dear friend, you feel rubbish of written fact which is true in deed,

http://www.webhostinglance.com/forum

create an a/c there, and try to log inif u can!

check ,

I am not good at php, i am worse,

you are good and my friend sachin is also , and he told that there are many errors in RC1!

Grudge

You have some weird redirect thing going on there. When I try logging in as:
Username: Grudge
Password: test

It reports no username so something is redirecting and losing it. You sure it's not modified at all, or otherwise that you have a badly configured server somehow? It's not something exhibited by others.
I'm only a half geek really...

Vinoth

yes the same thing happened to me,

any solution grudge, or should i install again!

Burpee

Grudge's test account works with me, using FireFox...
As you can see here

ROGUE-Master

QuoteSome changes have been made that require template changes.  For the most part, you should be able to use your old templates... but without these new features.

What changes need to be made to the templates to use the "new features"?

[Unknown]

Quote from: ROGUE-Master on August 12, 2004, 12:44:42 PM
QuoteSome changes have been made that require template changes.  For the most part, you should be able to use your old templates... but without these new features.

What changes need to be made to the templates to use the "new features"?

The simplest way to answer this question is to use a program like Beyond Compare, diff, or ConTEXT, to compare the old and new files.

-[Unknown]

Tom

Upgraded with no problems at all! :)

Ben_S

Quote from: whtgoogle on August 12, 2004, 09:27:06 AM
ok my dear friend, you feel rubbish of written fact which is true in deed,

Since you seem to be the only person reporting such problems, have you considered the fact that maybe, just maybe it's being cause by something that you have done and is not actually an SMF bug?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Jazhawk

Wait a second guys no fair.  How come we don't get to try out Beta 6??

Just kidding guys, don't beat me up.

-Jazhawk

Tomer

Quote from: Jazhawk on August 12, 2004, 04:15:51 PM
Wait a second guys no fair. How come we don't get to try out Beta 6??

Just kidding guys, don't beat me up.

-Jazhawk

Beta 6 was a charter only beta.

Jazhawk

I just loaded the upgrade and this thing simply works.  Again good job guys.

-Jazhawk

Fizzy

On my test forum I have updated from Beta 5 and seem to be having problems when using the forum with a template I made in Beta 5.

Examples:

Admin login page
Notice: Undefined index: support_credits_title in /home/*****/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1240

When viewing Administration Center
Notice: Undefined index: support_credits_title in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1240
Notice: Undefined index: support_credits_title in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 162
Notice: Undefined index: support_credits_title in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 163
Notice: Undefined index: support_credits_info in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 164
Notice: Undefined index: modSettings_info in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 164
Notice: Undefined index: maintain_info in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 164
Notice: Undefined index: edit_permissions_info in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 164
Notice: Undefined index: theme_admin_info in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 164
Notice: Undefined index: package_info in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 164
Notice: Undefined index: smileys_manage_info in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 164
Notice: Undefined index: registration_center_info in /home/**/public_html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 164

If I go in to the Current Theme's Settings the whole thing goes bananas with errors throughout finishing with
Unable to load the 'set_settings' template.

As it's only my test forum i'll play around with it and see if I can find out where it's going wrong. Maybe I missed a file or something.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

[Unknown]

You have old language files... did you change anything in Admin.english.php?

If you didn't change it, just delete it from your theme.  It will then use the default one, which has been (hopefully?) updated.

-[Unknown]

Fizzy

Wow !

[Unknown] !  I've seen some fast replies but Jeez !  ;D

Thanks for that, I'll do that and let you know what happens :)

Fizzy

CartDestr

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 10, 2004, 04:01:36 PM
Quote from: CartDestr on August 10, 2004, 01:34:41 PM
When I try to convert my phpBB forum to this next version of Simple Machines (Congratulations for the next version), I have a problem in the messages conversion:
Quote(this may take some time)
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 4194304 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2918 bytes) in /home/webcindario/ptoinformativo/********/phpbb2_to_smf.php on line 697
What's the problem? When I tried to convert my phpbb to SMFb5 (the last public version) all work good, but the [quote]something[/quote] don't work and my phpbb forum have a lot of quotes...
Please, help me.

Okay, you're the second person to say that.  Can you paste an exact example of a phpBB quote?  I was under the impression it looked like this:

[quote="author"]words[/quote]
Or:
Quote from: authorwords

Which parses fine.

As to the messages conversion issue, your server is limiting the amount of memory PHP can use... please try asking your host to temporarily increase this.
Thanks!

Vinoth

i am gonna install again,

sachin yesterday looked,  and found some changes over my database, which is causing some problems.

some sort of sql query error he said,

silentbob

Upgrade went well.. still having that darn cookie problem though.. =o\  I click always stay logged in and when I close and reopen.. I'm signed out.. =o\ oh well.. guess people will have to deal until this is sorted out.. unless there's something else I need to change???

Advertisement: