News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.2 Released

Started by Grudge, February 10, 2007, 07:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klumy

Krysia

Quote from: inthe80s on February 12, 2007, 12:38:27 PM
anyone get this installed with the "Advanced Visual Verification" mod in place?  There appears to be no uninstaller for it, and there's conflicts with the package manager version.
I had to manually uninstall that mod, then was able to apply the update without incident.

lexhair

Quote from: Krysia on February 12, 2007, 03:18:46 PM
Quote from: inthe80s on February 12, 2007, 12:38:27 PM
anyone get this installed with the "Advanced Visual Verification" mod in place?  There appears to be no uninstaller for it, and there's conflicts with the package manager version.
I had to manually uninstall that mod, then was able to apply the update without incident.
Is there a quick way to manually uninstall the mod without having to go through the code line by line?

青山 素子

Quote from: Dirk67 on February 12, 2007, 02:16:13 PM
but I can not believe
that you still not have the Guest Post CAPTCHA done,
really everyone needs it who operates an open forum...
(...otherwise you will get flooded with spam within hours)

Adding this feature was determined to change a bit too much to be feasible to fit in for 1.1 final. This will likely be addressed in the next version of SMF where it can get a lot more testing.

For that mod, you will notice that if you require guests to use captcha, and you have quick-reply on by default that then a guest tries to post, it will fail and jump to a normal posting window with the error that the captcha wasn't filled in. That is one of many little quirks, and partly the reason adding guest post captcha was determined to be too much to fit in at the RC stage. When a feature is implemented in the core, the team goes to great lengths to make sure it works in every aspect.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

thegrimreaper

i wonder if someone could help, i have applied the mod and all seemed to go without a hitch except not my package manager page in the admin panel is blank, has anyone else had this problem?

SaltedWeb

I have 8 mods installed and it went effortless.
Took me more time to read about the update then to do it.

Great Job on the Fix.

Cozmo
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

aglioeolio

easy install on my SMF 1.1.1 and TP 0.97 Boards

Thanks all SMF Dev Team

Darcalthazos

I don't understand how this modified my index.english.php without changing my custom welcome and all.. the only difference I note is the icons next to the copyright on each side are now stacked on top of each other.. :^\ maybe it's for the best..

SleePy

Please Post requests for support in the propitiate support boards. Posting them here they will more than likely get missed and answers lost.
Now thats over.

Am very happy about the release. Caught many bugs since 1.1.1 :P
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Darcalthazos

Okay, I gotta wonder why someone would want those stacked on top of each other like that - it looks so.. blocky!! I know that's a weird thing to complain about, but gosh!!

Orien Wu

Great, upgrade worked flawlessly! :)

Mick.

Thnx SMF team!   Operation successfull. Visual verification looks more readable now.

dawgstr

Upgrade went in with no problems. Thanks

Gargoyle

Failed on profile.template.php

The rest of the items are successful.

2 questions....

1) Can I run the upgrade anyway ?
2) If I can upgrade anyway can I do the edit to profile.template.php manually ?

Thanks!! ;D

behaccr8d

Simple Machines Forum rules!

I have an extremly modded default template and
I'm using SMF together with Joomla, CBE and the JSMF Bridge.

Everything works very well and the upgrade from version 1.1.1
was so easy that even little children could do it^^.

Thank you very much for your gorgeous forum!

But take a look at your "live news" ;).

QuoteA pach has been released to address a number of outstanding bugs in SMF 1.1.1,
including several around UTF-8 langauge support.

青山 素子

Quote from: Gargoyle on February 12, 2007, 06:02:25 PM
2 questions....

1) Can I run the upgrade anyway ?
2) If I can upgrade anyway can I do the edit to profile.template.php manually ?

1. Yes, although be careful as you could wind up with problems. Get a file backup before doing this.

2. If everything else works fine, yes.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Peter Duggan

Quote from: behaccr8d on February 12, 2007, 06:08:43 PM
But take a look at your "live news" ;).

QuoteA pach has been released to address a number of outstanding bugs in SMF 1.1.1,
including several around UTF-8 langauge support.

Quote from: Peter Duggan on February 12, 2007, 09:58:38 AM
Quote from: Live from Simple Machines...
A pach has been released

Nice spelling, but my pach worked fine! >:D

PS We both missed 'langauge'! :P

Grudge

Let me get this straight - you expect me to be able to write code and be good at English? Pah!
* Grudge goes to correct it.

Happy now? :P
I'm only a half geek really...

Jiveturkey

Do I need to keep the 1.1.1 update in the package list after I install this update?

Grudge

I'm only a half geek really...

Advertisement: