News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.2 Released

Started by Grudge, February 10, 2007, 07:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorin

Thanks to Simple Machines LLC for doing such a great job! Small update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 had one error listed (Subs-Post.php), but I will fix this on my own.  ;)

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on February 12, 2007, 09:41:03 AM
Quote from: lorenzone92 on February 12, 2007, 09:32:12 AM
Is there a package version for install SMF 1.1.2 from SMF 1.1.1 and 1.1?

For 1.1.1, there is in your package manager, in 1.1 there isnt, you'll have to go to 1.1.1 first. 

-AwwLilMaggie
My hosting denies me to upload files from "outside" so I have to upload manually from tha package manager but I can't find any package of 1.1.2! :(
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Gary

Run the Small Update package on the download page, or if you have mods installed, run the large upgrade package.

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

duncan

Upgrade worked great, took seconds. All mods and tp intact. Good work, thankyou.

All the best - Duncan

bolitho
council house exchange

SMF 1.1.10 + TP 0.9.8 + Custom Profile Field + Message Preview On Hover + Users Online Today

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on February 12, 2007, 10:12:56 AM
Run the Small Update package on the download page, or if you have mods installed, run the large upgrade package.

-AwwLilMaggie
I tried it but I've problems with TP, I need the package... :(
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

st1905

No problems installed the update package flawlessly with tinyportal 0.9.7.1 and several mods.Thank you smf team you are awsome.

青山 素子

Quote from: somze on February 12, 2007, 09:23:53 AM
But i don't understand one thing.. Why is it when i go to the package manager and use the option "The minimum files are writable." it's sets the settings.php and the settings_bak.php to chmod 777? Isn't this a security risk, or do i got it all wrong? I manually set them to 644, and the forum works great after doing this..

Why chmod 777 is NOT a security risk

Settings.php is changed by the Server settings area in the admin panel, so it needs to be writable for those settings to be changed. If you don't touch that area, then you are fine.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

chadness

Oh, fine, just go ahead and release this the same day right after I finish my 1.1.1 upgrade.  :)   Quick and smooth from within the admin console, with a bridged and custom modified site, at least...

Sharr76

Excellent worked like a dream!

flegmatyk

Works great, but i had problems with subs-post.php. What changed in that file? Or where can i find package file with update, where i can see what changed in which way?

And again, thanks for making update process so easy, so i only clicked twice, entered FTP password and viola! Everything was up-to-date so fastly, that i haven't noticed that anything changed. Thanks for such a great forum! :)

[Lucien]

Quote from: Motoko-chan on February 12, 2007, 10:44:23 AM
Quote from: somze on February 12, 2007, 09:23:53 AM
But i don't understand one thing.. Why is it when i go to the package manager and use the option "The minimum files are writable." it's sets the settings.php and the settings_bak.php to chmod 777? Isn't this a security risk, or do i got it all wrong? I manually set them to 644, and the forum works great after doing this..

Why chmod 777 is NOT a security risk

Settings.php is changed by the Server settings area in the admin panel, so it needs to be writable for those settings to be changed. If you don't touch that area, then you are fine.

Thank you, that clears things up :)
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

DeviantMetal

margarett

Also flawless here. Is it possible to have the "xml" file for the modification? I also need to adapt my language files but I have a lot of manual edit there, so I cannot simply replace files...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

joh87swe

I have this in my joomla after updating to 1.1.2:

Notice: Undefined index: no_view_links in /hermes/web03/b355/pow.johannet/htdocs/mjj/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1313

Notice: Undefined index: no_view_links in /hermes/web03/b355/pow.johannet/htdocs/mjj/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1319

Notice: Undefined index: no_view_links in /hermes/web03/b355/pow.johannet/htdocs/mjj/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1575

Notice: Undefined index: no_view_links in /hermes/web03/b355/pow.johannet/htdocs/mjj/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1581

And I also have these error messages in the "log errors":
8: Undefined index: smfgallery_admin
Fil: /hermes/web03/b355/.../htdocs/mjj/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Rad: 2735

8: Undefined index: no_view_links
Fil: /hermes/web03/b355/.../htdocs/mjj/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Rad: 1581

Please help.

BartB

Two different forums, two fresh installs of 1.1.1, no mods, nothing special, and in both cases I was warned NOT to install the upgrade. I can't share in the enthousiasm of the others in this thread. Mostly because SMF 1.1.2 fails to inform me WHAT is wrong.

Grudge

joh87swe,

Appears to be a problem with the gallery.

BartB,

Sure it's not a chmod issue - is SMF asking for your FTP details? If you have no mods you can alternatively upgrade using the update package on the download page.
I'm only a half geek really...

joh87swe

Okey, thx. I found it, came from the language files when I updated the language files to 1.1.2

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: lorenzone92 on February 12, 2007, 10:11:39 AM
Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on February 12, 2007, 09:41:03 AM
Quote from: lorenzone92 on February 12, 2007, 09:32:12 AM
Is there a package version for install SMF 1.1.2 from SMF 1.1.1 and 1.1?

For 1.1.1, there is in your package manager, in 1.1 there isnt, you'll have to go to 1.1.1 first. 

-AwwLilMaggie
My hosting denies me to upload files from "outside" so I have to upload manually from tha package manager but I can't find any package of 1.1.2! :(
No one can help me? :P

margarett

I have not upgraded the language yet because of this... Is it possible to have the "xml" description, even if only for the language pack...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: