News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] IPB 2.1.x

Started by JayBachatero, February 10, 2007, 02:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Software: IPB
Version: 2.1.x

This is the official support topic for IPB 2.1.x converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.

Changelog
! The password salt was being replace with an empty string causing passwords to be incorrect. (ipb21_to_smf.sql)
! Replace \n with <br /> for the maintenance mode message. (ipb21_to_smf.sql)
! Cast width and height as a string for the database insert when converting attachments. (ipb21_to_smf.sql)
! When converting attachments add the width and height for images. (ipb21_to_smf.sql)

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

rjscott

[Scoobydoo_voice]Rutro Raggy[/Scoobydoo_voice]-  :o
So lets say I've just used the convert.php and ipb22_to_smf.sql files to convert IPB 2.1.7... Have I just done a bad thing? That was a silly mistake on my part. Should I wipe it and start over? I swear I thought we were using IPB 2.2xx... If it's a bad thing, is there a way where I don't have to wipe the db and start from scratch?
RJ Scott

JayBachatero

You should be able to convert w/o having to erase everything.
Follow me on Twitter

rjscott

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 15, 2007, 10:26:44 AM
You should be able to convert w/o having to erase everything.
Hi Juan- Okay I started over from scratch and installed and configured SMF 1.1.2. Next I copied * convert.php (63.03 KB - downloaded 123 times.) « Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 04:34:18 PM by JayBachatero » and  * invision21_to_smf.sql (33.89 KB - downloaded 7 times.) « Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 02:13:07 AM by JayBachatero » and ran the conversion. I'm converting from IPB 2.1.7...
Here are the results:
Avatars: do not show up except for the ones that were linked to url's.
Signatures: The code in the signatures did not convert and is visible. (ex-
[size=]"Smart People Play Smart .....Stupid people suck! Don't play stupid". Me[/size]
Images: Images in the posts seem to have converted properly (I checked a few).
Links: Email links in the posts seem to have converted properly.
Hyperlinks in the posts did not convert at all. There is just a single space wherever a link was.
Hyperlinks within signatures did not convert at all. Same as post hyperlinks.
Permissions: Basically, none of the permissions came across properly but I think that may be more to do with the way they may have been set up on IPB; possibly in a non-IPB standard manner.
RJ Scott

rjscott

Quick update:
I decided to check the code for one of the signatures in IPB and it looks like this:
[size=3][font=Comic Sans Ms]"Smart People Play Smart .....Stupid people suck! Don't play stupid". Me[/font][/size]
Then I looked at the same signature in SMF after the conversion and it looks like this:
[size=][font=Comic Sans Ms]"Smart People Play Smart .....Stupid people suck! Don't play stupid". Me[/font][/size]

I checked a few more and it looks like all numbers were dropped. Hope this gives some clues.
Thanks!
RJ Scott

JayBachatero

Ok try this file.  Let me know how it goes.
Follow me on Twitter

rjscott

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 16, 2007, 06:36:01 PM
Ok try this file.  Let me know how it goes.
I'm going to try it right now. Stand by for a report....
And thanks for sticking with me on this!
RJ Scott

rjscott

Oh- which version of the convert.php do you want me to use with this?
RJ Scott

JayBachatero

The same one that you are using now.
Follow me on Twitter

rjscott

Okay- LOTS better! I think we're down to just a couple of things.
First the good stuff:
All links are now showing and working now.
Stuff that still needs to be fixed:
The numbers are still being stripped out of the [size=] and [attachmentid=796] shows up when a picture is uploaded. The good news is that the attachment is there.
Avatars are still not showing up
And I'll slide one in that I haven't mentioned yet- The PM count imports but you can't see the actual PM's.
Almost there! Thanks.

RJ Scott

JayBachatero

Damn it.  I'll look at the size issue.  Is this with the sig or post?  About the attachmentid thats for the inline images.  SMF doesn't support that.  I guess I can make the converter remove that.  I'll look into the avatar problem as well.  Umm gotta look into the PM's as well >_<.
Follow me on Twitter

JayBachatero

Ok this should fix the size issue and PM's.  Let me know.  The PM fix was made by Sarke a few days ago for the 2.0 converter.
Follow me on Twitter

rjscott

Okay- going to try it now. Thanks.
RJ Scott

rjscott

Hey okay- the messages are working now. Great! However the size thing still isn't.
RJ Scott

rjscott

PS- and <span> type tags are showing too.
RJ Scott

JayBachatero

Can you please get me an example of the post with the error?  But get the post form the database cause IPB changed the [tag] to html tags.
Follow me on Twitter

rjscott

Here's his entire signature copied out of the database table:

[size=]Bill Smith[/size]<br />[size=]EL CONQUISTADOR[/size]<br /><br /><br />CorpsVets 2003,2004,2006, 2007<br />Nite Express 1995-1996<br />Expressions 1989-1991<br />Suncoast Sound 1985-1986(no I didn't march-that would be cheating)<br />LA. Southernaires 1981-1982<br />Bleu Raeders 1980<br /><br />[size=][font=Comic Sans Ms]&quot;Smart People Play Smart .....Stupid people suck! Don't play stupid&quot;. Me[/font][/size]<br />I believe in God.....I just happen to spell it &quot;NATURE&quot;.  Frank Lloyd Wright
RJ Scott

rjscott

I'm on AIM as rjscott9999 if it's easier.
RJ Scott

JayBachatero

I meant taken straight from the database.  Not by editing a post.  The original post from IPB's tables.
Follow me on Twitter

rjscott

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 16, 2007, 11:43:19 PM
I meant taken straight from the database.  Not by editing a post.  The original post from IPB's tables.
Yes- I grabbed that signature from the database.
RJ Scott

Advertisement: