News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] IPB 2.1.x

Started by JayBachatero, February 10, 2007, 02:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjscott

Quote from: rjscott on February 16, 2007, 09:21:01 PM
Here's his entire signature copied out of the database table:

[size=]Bill Smith[/size]<br />[size=]EL CONQUISTADOR[/size]<br /><br /><br />CorpsVets 2003,2004,2006, 2007<br />Nite Express 1995-1996<br />Expressions 1989-1991<br />Suncoast Sound 1985-1986(no I didn't march-that would be cheating)<br />LA. Southernaires 1981-1982<br />Bleu Raeders 1980<br /><br />[size=][font=Comic Sans Ms]&quot;Smart People Play Smart .....Stupid people suck! Don't play stupid&quot;. Me[/font][/size]<br />I believe in God.....I just happen to spell it &quot;NATURE&quot;.  Frank Lloyd Wright
Juan- did this help you? I grabbed it right from the database table.
RJ Scott

thang422

I used the convert with the sql.. Im getting 2 lines. convert sucessful? But nothing happans to my smf? not topic/ categories nothing went to my smf... even though it says successful.

My ibp is uner /forum while smf is under /smf

Please help me

techbot

OK...I'm a bit confused. Where do I upload converter.php to?? My main IPB directory?  
Any help is appreciated. Scornful comments will be met with a blank stare

rjscott

Quote from: techbot on February 20, 2007, 09:15:54 PM
OK...I'm a bit confused. Where do I upload converter.php to?? My main IPB directory? 
No. You upload convert.php to the directory in which you installed your Simple Machines Forum. You also upload the sql file to the same place.  
RJ Scott

techbot

ahhh gotcha. thanks for the fast reply! lemme try this out...

so i do a full install of my smf forum, then upload my IPB sql file into the SMF database and run the converter? Sorry for the questions, this is my first time on SMF

rjscott

Quote from: techbot on February 20, 2007, 09:22:19 PM
ahhh gotcha. thanks for the fast reply! lemme try this out...

so i do a full install of my smf forum, then upload my IPB sql file into the SMF database and run the converter? Sorry for the questions, this is my first time on SMF
No. When you run the convert.php (www.yoursite.com/forums/convert.php or something) just follow the directions. You will be asked for the path to you IPB forum and the converter will grab what it needs, leaving your IPB intact. Good luck.
RJ Scott

techbot

I'm getting the following message
QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Invision Power Board 2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'trampledelight12'@'62.214.98.165' for table 'ibf_members'

rjscott

Quote from: techbot on February 21, 2007, 12:28:39 AM
QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Invision Power Board 2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'trampledelight12'@'62.214.98.165' for table 'ibf_members'
I'm not well versed enough to help at this point. I looks like you may not have permission to access your IPB database. Someone else will have to jump in and give you advice on this message.
RJ Scott

JayBachatero

Quote from: rjscott on February 19, 2007, 01:21:56 PM

[size=]Bill Smith[/size]<br />[size=]EL CONQUISTADOR[/size]<br /><br /><br />CorpsVets 2003,2004,2006, 2007<br />Nite Express 1995-1996<br />Expressions 1989-1991<br />Suncoast Sound 1985-1986(no I didn't march-that would be cheating)<br />LA. Southernaires 1981-1982<br />Bleu Raeders 1980<br /><br />[size=][font=Comic Sans Ms]&quot;Smart People Play Smart .....Stupid people suck! Don't play stupid&quot;. Me[/font][/size]<br />I believe in God.....I just happen to spell it &quot;NATURE&quot;.  Frank Lloyd Wright
Is this from the SMF tables or the IPB table?  It has to be from the IPB table.

Quote from: techbot on February 21, 2007, 12:28:39 AM

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146192.0
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

rjscott

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 21, 2007, 10:06:36 AM
Quote from: rjscott on February 19, 2007, 01:21:56 PM

QuoteIs this from the SMF tables or the IPB table?  It has to be from the IPB table.
Whoops- Here's the info from the IPB table:
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Bill Smith<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->EL CONQUISTADOR<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br /><br /><br />CorpsVets 2003,2004,2006, 2007<br />Nite Express 1995-1996<br />Expressions 1989-1991<br />Suncoast Sound 1985-1986(no I didn't march-that would be cheating)<br />LA. Southernaires 1981-1982<br />Bleu Raeders 1980<br /><br /><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Comic Sans Ms--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms"><!--/fonto-->&quot;Smart People Play Smart .....Stupid people suck! Don't play stupid&quot;. Me<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><br />I believe in God.....I just happen to spell it &quot;NATURE&quot;.  Frank Lloyd Wright
And here is one from the IPB table with similar and span tag issues:
&lt;span style='font-family:Arial'&gt;<br />David M. Lastname, Ph.D., P.E.<br />CorpsVets Executive Director '04-<br />CorpsVets Contra '98-04, '06<br />CorpsVets Euphonium '05<br />CorpsVets Bugle repairman '05-<br />USNA D&amp;B Instructor '93-95<br />Geneseo Knights Contra '82-85<br /><br />&lt;/span&gt;<br /><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Fund-raise<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, Fund-raise, <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Fund-raise<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, Fund-raise,<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Fund-raise<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, Fund-raise, <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Fund-raise<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, Fund-raise, <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Fund-raise<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, Fund-raise, <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Fund-raise<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, Fund-raise, <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Fund-raise<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, Fund-raise<br /><!--coloro:#009900--><span style="color:#009900"><!--/coloro-->Recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit, recruit<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
RJ Scott

JayBachatero

Ok I'll debug it later on and see what's wrong in the regex.
Follow me on Twitter

rjscott

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 21, 2007, 10:36:51 AM
Thanks- it is very much appreciated. Not entirely the same subject but I still can't figure out why the avatars are not showing up. Links to external avatars work.  
RJ Scott

[Dark.Shadow]

hi.... i have a problem T-T When i try to convert from ipb 2.1.7 to smf 1.1.2 i get this....

Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll logs... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting yearly events... Successful.
Converting permissions... Successful.
Converting board permissions...
Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 5 of 190 bytes in /home/myuser/public_html/convert.php(668) : eval()'d code on line 89

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/myuser/public_html/convert.php(668) : eval()'d code on line 89

Any ideas? :(

P.S. I dont know if i should have posted here, or in a new topic :S

rjscott

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 21, 2007, 10:36:51 AM
Quick Note: I copied the signature code from the IPB table and pasted it directly into the SMF table and the signature worked like a charm. Is it possible that the signature table only needs importing and not converting?
RJ Scott

JayBachatero

Ok try this one.  Should fix the size bug.
Follow me on Twitter

[Dark.Shadow]

JayBachatero

Dark try that one also.  I made a change.  Hopefully that fixes the error.
Follow me on Twitter

rjscott

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 21, 2007, 07:04:08 PM
Ok try this one.  Should fix the size bug.
Sorry but this one breaks things-
Converting board permissions... Unsuccessful!
This query:

UPDATE `greeneleafad`.smf_boards
    SET memberGroups = '0, 10, 11, 24, 25, 26'
    WHERE ID_BOARD =;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3
RJ Scott

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

rjscott

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 21, 2007, 08:18:34 PM
Ok here.
Wow, that was quick! I'm reinstalling SMF/db so it's nice and fresh. I'll let you know how it goes in a few minutes.
Thanks once again.
RJ Scott

Advertisement: