SMF could rock my socks BUT

Started by Amanda G, January 22, 2007, 05:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rider

Quote from: Crimson on February 05, 2007, 07:04:17 PM
tomrogers: EXACTLY! I want do do this kind of thing for a living and i am in school to help me elarn BUT doing it and practiceing it helps me best to stay sharp and not forget what I already know.

rider: I am doing ok i think. Still tring to figure out how to make the mods work for every theme and add new icons by each board. Something i think Nella (site owner) will have to figure out perhaps. But I am getting it down pretty well. I'm tring to remember to take baby steps with it all so I dont get to frustraighted agian. Thanks for asking!

Good to hear crimson.Must be doing ok,you're not asking too many ?'s lol.I'm not much for coding so I use Tiny Portal.This way I don't have to mod php files to make the mods work for every theme.:;D:

[unplugged]

I am a complete [insert colorful adjective] idiot when it comes to coding and I have mine up and working with only very minor problems.....
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Amanda G

Tiny Portal huh.. whats that do exactly?

SUNKING: Our boards up and i've figured out alot so far. like the other files you can edit what exactly they are for ect. I am still tring to figure out how to make my OWN theme. That would be awesome. Its a hobbie i could whip up themes (prolly not whip them up but ya) and share on here for everyone. I must say i am rather good with graphics and design if i do say so myself, and if ya ask nella our board creater shed agree!! lol We're thinking of going charter.. need to go search out some info for her on it.
WANTED: Someone to set up a website with smf forum. Will PAY!

NEMINI

signatures are boring.

Shadow Queen

Quote from: babjusi on January 26, 2007, 06:55:07 PM
Quote from: Crimson on January 26, 2007, 05:56:10 PM
yes, thank you. I have googled smf for days and found many links but few that help me to understand anything... when i get my webbie up we wont use smf. to much trouble.

I too, in the begining didn''t understand a lot of things, but as the time went by, I started to learn a lot of things just reading different posts here or asking some questions. I can''t say that I became an expert or anything, but I learnt enough to go by with my forum, and I learn every day something new. The key is to be patient and read a lot, and some day I hope I can be very good at the technical stuff and share my knowledge and help other people like other people helped me. I don''t think that you will get a better forum software anywhere else than SMF, or a warmer, nicer and more helpful community than here.

Same here with me too. But lot's of support from bigguy, RebelRose and other people and forum's they give me.  It's make me lot's better then the begining.  It's still hard to learn but i love to learn thing's.  Plus i think all people is beging to use SMF Forum's it's going to be hard at first but in time it's going to get easly on them.  So make mikeste on thing's and you can learn from them.  I started out to get into SMF Oct 26, 2006 with My Kingdom.  Before that date i just play around on SMF but not on this forum. 

I am loving any min to learn more from SMF and TP.  And i am still learning to do thing's and i don't mind at all.  Plus bring new user's going to do the same too.  To this day i know lot's more then i started out on SMF.   I love SMF and TP to death. 

Advertisement: