News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF projected release dates?

Started by iron-bound, September 16, 2003, 09:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron-bound

I am a YabbSE man! I was excited to hear about SMF

When is this projected to be released to the public?

Tim

treo

when it's done
and if you want it some weeks earlier become a charter member !

Jeff Lewis

It's been worked on daily for some time now, Charter Members have a release date for their beta. once we get an idea of how stable it is and how long the CM beta will be, we'll release a date for that as well.
Co-Founder of SMF

iron-bound

OK :)  I guess being a Charter Member is a great idea. You guys work tirelessly, I think ya should get paid! So, I will save my pennies and join as a Charter Member :)

Oldiesmann

I've been busy playing around with YaBB Gold SP2B3... Lots of cool features... I hope that the new SMF will have a lot of the same features (built-in smilie adder, advanced permissions as to who can do what with a thread, etc).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Spaceman-Spiff

Quote from: Oldiesmann on September 17, 2003, 05:07:35 PM
I've been busy playing around with YaBB Gold SP2B3... Lots of cool features... I hope that the new SMF will have a lot of the same features (built-in smilie adder, advanced permissions as to who can do what with a thread, etc).

built-in smilie adder --> being considered/implemented
advanced permissions (membergroups and boards) --> done

what else is new in 1G SP2?

Oldiesmann

Let's see what else there is...

• Built-in Style Sheet Editor (doesn't work at the moment)
  • Advanced membergroup functions (add, edit, delete, choose which image to use, the color of the member group, the number of posts required to achieve that satus, etc)
  • Referer Security (ie, the ability to specify which "action"s can be accessed from outside the board's domain name)
  • Ability to specify how long people have to edit or delete their posts after they are posted, and also how long they have to edit it without the "last edited by..." text shows up
  • Error Log Rotation - specify the number of entries to keep in the error log (ie if you have it set for 50, the oldest message is deleted after the 50th entry)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Spaceman-Spiff

- Built-in Style Sheet Editor (doesn't work at the moment)
I already made this mod for YSE

- Advanced membergroup functions (add, edit, delete, choose which image to use, the color of the member group, the number of posts required to achieve that satus, etc)
most are already done in SMF, except for membergroup color and rank star

- Ability to specify how long people have to edit or delete their posts after they are posted, and also how long they have to edit it without the "last edited by..." text shows up
i think this is already done too in SMF

[Unknown]

Referer security: been done since 1.5.x.

Error log: less is logged, only important things - you'd be surprised.

-[Unknown]

Omar Bazavilvazo

Personal Signature:
HablaJapones
http://hablajapones.org
http://hablajapones.org/tutoriales.php

NO me manden PM para soporte o dudas
...Leo los foros como todos...

Advertisement: