News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Chat on our own IRC server

Started by SpelingMistakes, February 13, 2007, 06:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpelingMistakes

I have read lots of topics about chat, but none of those refer to my problem.

I lead one restricted forum. Topics and material on our forum are some kind of secret (military and police stuff), and because of that we use our own web, IRC and files servers. I try some chats, and I find that Goosemoose chat is very god – because of performances, but there is one problem. We have our own IRC server and we want to use it. We want that works only for us and for nobody else (I point to fact that Goosemoose use shared server for IRC channels and rooms) simple because of our area of expertise about which we talk on forum, on IRC and store files on file server.

Goosemoose mod for chat uses its "own" server and that isn't an option here because in that way somebody will have logs of all our conversations.

I think you get an idea about what I want to ask – Is there any option to customize that chat to (for) our IRC server. We now use Unreal ircd server for our needs and it work for us excellent. I want to transfer chat from IRC to forum (existing unreal ircd IRC server will be base for new chat also)

Beside question for Goosemoose chat mode, I am curious is there any other option to implement any kind of chat (good performances, easy of handling etc) into forum and set up it to use our own IRC Server
There is a huge difference between living and being alive!

H

I suggest you use 3guks mod instead.

Then edit the server variable in chat.template.php ;)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

SpelingMistakes

i cant find anything like that?

Any tip ?

SpelingMistakes

Centreflunk

Hi SpelingMistakes,
Not sure if this is any help,
take a look at X7 2 Chat.
They also have a new X7 3 Chat due for release,
You can view their demo thru their SMF Forum here
Doesn't look too bad!!

Centrelink is an Australian Federal Government SS Agency,
ordering people to become self-sufficient
and withholding support for those in need.

Advertisement: