News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

multiple hyperlinks using .css

Started by Les Mackenzie, September 16, 2003, 06:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Mackenzie

I have a webpage using a standard layout with a navigation bar along the top and quicklinks on the side.  I want the top navigation bar to be totally white save the a:hover.

But I want the Quick Links menu to support different colours within the same .css file?

a:link    {color:#fff; background-color:transparent; font-size:7pt; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif }
a:visited {color:#fff; background-color:transparent; font-size:7pt; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif }
a:active  {color:#fff; background-color:transparent; font-size:7pt; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif }
a:hover   {color:#FFFF00; background-color:transparent; font-size:7pt; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif }

Does anyone know if it's possible and howto if it is. 
BLOGS SUCK! - HERE READ MINE

Please Note:  Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics...  Even if you win you're still retarded.

Spaceman-Spiff

make something like:
.navigation a:link
.navigation a:hover
etc

then for your navigation, in the table/td/div tag use class="navigation" and all links (a tags) inside will be using those css above

Les Mackenzie

Thanks a lot Spiff  :P  I thought there'd be an easy way to do it  ;D
BLOGS SUCK! - HERE READ MINE

Please Note:  Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics...  Even if you win you're still retarded.

Seph|roth

did that work? hmm always used this

a:link.someclass {... }
a:hover.someclass { ...}

[Unknown]

I always prefer a.someclass:link... it just seems to make sense... element.class:psuedo-class..

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: