News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF to handle Wordpress comments?

Started by Ainslee, February 17, 2007, 09:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ainslee

Hi, i'm wanting to do the following thing with my blog. I've worked out that this would be a SMF matter rather than Wordpress. Instead of having my comments handled by Wordpress, I would like it so that when someone comments on an a post it takes them to my forum instead. If a thread has already been started on that post, the comment will just be appended to that thread. If not, i would automatically start up a new thread for that post with the post title as the thread title. Is there anything out there to do this as yet? I would also like the comments to be shown below the post as an rss feed. Any feedback on how to do all of this is appreciated. Thanks, ainslee  

Ainslee

that doesn't seem to do what I want. I'd like the person to click on respond, and straight away either append the current discussion with their own message, or create a new thread if not already done.  

Ainslee

Another way I thought about doing this is every time i make a post in wordpress it creates a topic in smf to be commented in. Does this sound possible?  

Advertisement: