News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Sections? What sections? I'm running in circles!

Started by Falcon4™, August 14, 2004, 08:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon4™

I would imagine this has already been asked, but still not addressed... but where are the links? Most of the links on the side navigation bar - main site and all - point back to the main site! Either that, or to an incomplete, tossed-together page (Support? "This is the main support page. It should have links to the helpdesk, FAQ, tutorials, and something explaining paid support." Yeah! It should!). Where are the links to the sections? I'm dying to download some skins, mods, and graphics, but I keep going in circles!

Here are the links I see, and the appropriate URLs:
Home (OK)
Community forum (OK)
Support (Empty page, removes most nav buttons)
Downloads (OK)
The Team (OK)
Charter members (OK)
Avatar gallery (Points to home page)
SMF 1.0 (OK? Points to home page)
Mods (OK subdomain, but pulls up community forum)
Graphics (Points to home page)

Is there something I missed?

Peter Duggan

Most of this stuff simply isn't ready yet, but should start appearing as SMF heads towards and beyond 1.0 Final. So please remember that the product has just come out of beta, be patient and try not to describe things as 'tossed-together' (or similar) if you want help.

Falcon4™

No, no, no... I mean, like some kind of error... like instead of seeing a "Sorry, this section is under construction", I get linked back to the main site - or, for support, I see "should have links to" but nothing's there! I see SMF forums everywhere else with custom skins and avatars, where'd they get those from? I'm stuck making my own avatars and writing my own mods! :(

I'm particularly curious as to what I missed that's making everyone else seemingly understand this, and not be posting about it... I tend to miss things that are written in big bold letters, and end up reading the fine print instead :P

Peter Duggan

Most of what's currently available can be found through the Graphics/Templates and SMF Coding Discussion boards so, once you've checked those out, you're really not missing anything. As for this site's structure, I guess nobody likes 'under construction' signs and folk have just learned to live with what's here till it's all ready.

Falcon4™

Hmm... OK... I know the guys that set up these other forums (that I referred to) aren't ones to know how to browse forums for resources, so I was just curious how they got it... maybe they Googled it. :P

I know devs hate this, and I don't REALLY need this answered, but is there any ETA on when it would be done or even accessable... just to let any other curious people know? Maybe linking those menu items to Google searches in the meantime, maybe? ;D

I'll go check those boards out, thanks!

LaurieC

The easiest way to find things here is to search for what you need. A simple search for graphics will yeild a few pages of results with many possibilities  ;)

Lace
Make someone smile today...

Advertisement: