News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mouseover MiniProfile

Started by jkrlvgn, February 20, 2007, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkrlvgn

Any chance on making a MouseOver Mini-Profile?

Maybe something that can show the avatar, post count, current action, and maybe some small custom-ish fields?

I saw it here:  http://www.infernotechnologies.net/images/product_02_preview1.jpg

....well...at least part of it, but I'm sure that you guys can come up with something better.....looking forward to responses!

BuЯЯЯЯaK

jkrlvgn

That forum, actually, is a vbulletin forum.  The popup box is easy...I can do that, or at least find where it's been done and copy the code.  I don't know how to show the profile info, though...

Pure.

Calling the user info is easy because everything is already there. I'm not exactly sure what to type up but I've done done this before. But I won't guess incase I give you something wrong. Somebody else here could tell you in a couple of seconds how to load the info.

This should be a nice little working MOD when you get all of the pieces together. :)

Peace, Lance

jkrlvgn

Yeah, I didn't think it'd be hard, but the reason you won't post stuff is why I hadn't attempted on my own yet.  *LOL*  I don't want to mess anything up that I might not be able to fix, ya know?

Pretty much everyone here knows the ins and outs of coding this stuff....except for the losers like myself...what makes it embarrassing is that it -should- be simple...

...but, it would be a great mod.

eFishie

This is a very neat idea. I might give it a shot sometime, but no guarantees I'd ever finish. :D

I'll do my best though.
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

jkrlvgn

Sure...I found a nice script for the the popup @ dynamic drive....I just don't know how to create code....

Advertisement: