News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

A SMF with ALL MODS..? Can it be?

Started by Tesla Trooper, February 21, 2007, 07:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want A SMF Moded Edition??

For Sure..! & I'll also make mine..!
6 (14.3%)
Yes, I'll download it if somebody made one..!
11 (26.2%)
No.. SMF is just good enough for me..
25 (59.5%)
I Don't Care.. I'm A VBulletin fan..!! (Not recommended:)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

snakeplissken

I personally don't think that there is really much, if anything that needs to be added to SMF currently. I don't even think that the karma system should be standard. Could there be improvements to SMF....sure. But a need for adding more features really isn't that necessary.

By the way, I have tested all the main forums out there and by far SMF is the easiest and best. There are a few things I could pick out from different ones I would like to see in SMF, well mainly a better profile. but other than that SMF is still the best.

KGIII

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 21, 2007, 11:18:18 PM
I should try it one day and see how much queries it would take up heh. 

I don't have ALL of them installed but between my own and my favorites (something like 50 or 60 I think - I haven't looked in a while) it can seriously hinder servers. It does require a dedicated server if you have any traffic at all really. (Or at least a server with only a few clients who don't mind if they suddenly have ISSUES.)

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

Dannii

Quote from: nitins60 on February 27, 2007, 11:34:22 PMBut i really wonder daniel is not doing a mod related to vb karma system! It's 90% similar to his shop mod, which fulfills the SM karma needs
Please stop double posting. As to the shop mod, I see little similarity between it and a 'karma' feature, but if it fulfils your needs, use it and stop complaining.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Daniel15

Quote from: nitins60 on February 27, 2007, 11:34:22 PM
But i really wonder daniel is not doing a mod related to vb karma system! It's 90% similar to his shop mod, which fulfills the SM karma needs 
I'm just way too busy to work on any large mods at the moment :(
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Peter Duggan

Quote from: nitins60 on February 27, 2007, 10:06:21 PM
sorry for it ya! Because the most of the SMF ppl simply skip them without a valid reason! I do observe many things!

So that's your opinion and I suppose you're entitled to it, but IMHO it's a very unfair accusation and your observation is not objective!

Advertisement: