News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Need help with the IPB 2 to SMF Converter

Started by zk0, February 17, 2007, 09:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zk0

I have installed SMF and I am now running the converter. When I come to this page:

QuoteThis converter assumes you have already installed SMF and that your installation is working properly. It copies posts and data from your "source" installation of Invision Power Board 2 into SMF, so it won't work without an installation of SMF. All or some of the data in your installation of SMF will be overwritten.
If the two softwares are installed in separate directories, the MySQL account SMF was installed using will need access to the other database. Either way, both must be installed on the same MySQL server.

I get this error message:

QuoteThe converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your Invision Power Board 2 to the public html folder of your site.

How do I move my IPB contents that I have already deleted from the server. I still have the databases, isn't that enough?

Please help me!

JayBachatero

The database is not enough.  You need to have the config files in order to convert.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: