News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Moving Server

Started by Grudge, March 11, 2004, 09:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFlicks

Need this reference to! As am going to change servers/hosts soon to.
MrFlicks
Double T Teds ®™ 6028 Cartoon Characters www.doubletteds.com

www.tvworlds.com/forum (My SMF Forum)

www.HostTed.net www.AffiliatTed.com www.TransactTed.com www.Tted.co.uk

Sirius

quote :To do this you will need phpMyAdmin installed on the server, this is often installed for you and is part of cPanel if you have this installed. If using cPanel this can normally be found under "MySQL Databases" then scroll to the bottom and find a link to "phpMyAdmin". From phpMyAdmin select Import and then select browse and browse to the .SQL file you download earlier. Hit OK and the import will begin.  .....

nice but there are NO import option on my new lame server in PHPMY admin. Only export.

Sirius

now  I have tried to upload the SQL database on the new server , I get this error :
MySQL said: 

#1153 - Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'

as said in the fist post,  I would have to CUT this file in parts,  which is not easy to do for a newbie...  so I guess I am screwed. ::)

does this also mean that I will never be able to recuperate from a crash on my forum because my sql database is too large and there is no other way to restore than doing it by mySQL,  since there is no restore option in the admin panel?

wow,  very dangerous.

[Unknown]

You'll probably find my "restore_backup.php" and "create_backup.php" utilities interesting.

-[Unknown]

peterstannard

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 20, 2005, 05:41:52 PM
You'll probably find my "restore_backup.php" and "create_backup.php" utilities interesting.

-[Unknown]

where can i find these?

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

peterstannard

just incase anyone has the same problems that i have.

i created a backup using the admin panel but kept getting errors when trying to import it into phpmyadmin.

all i did was use unknown's create_backup.php to create my database backup and then used his restore_backup.php to restore my database.

it worked like a gem.

Louis

Unfortunately I have the same problems gerrymore mentioned earlier in this thread: my beta5 won't come up on the new server with anything but a blank page :'(

Here is what I did:
- copied the whole dir to my local PC
- exported the DB
- adjusted the settings.php (DB settings, paths)
- FTPed the whole stuff to the new server
- imported the DB dump

- searched SMF for help, found repair_settings and repair_paths, run them both (incl. "save settings" and cross-checked the settings.php)
- still no result :(

Does anybody have an idea what could have gone wrong? Re-uploading didn't help either.
I would like to see the beta5 running on the new location before upgrading to the current release.......
It is your mind that creates this world (Buddha)

Jerry

It could be Zend, could you show us a phpinfo() page from your new server?
What is phpinfo.php?

After you get your forum back up, you might want to upgrade it also :-X

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Louis

Quote from: Jerry on January 25, 2005, 06:49:42 AM
After you get your forum back up, you might want to upgrade it also :-X
This for sure.....
But I want to finish the move first.

Some extracts from my phpinfo (to keep the post short):

valuenew server    old server
php version5.0.34.3.10
Zend extension22004041220021010
magic_quotes_gpcoff onon
magic_quotes_runtimeoffoff
register_globalsoff onon
register_long_arraysonn/a
safe_modeoffoff
zend.ze1_compatibility_modeonn/a
mySQL Client API version4.1.8a4.0.22

Looking at this table I think I'll switch on magic_quotes and register_globals just for a treat.......

[edit]
Didn't help either - still nothing but a blank page  :'(
Updated the table above with the current values.
[/edit]

Louis

Had a look at the server's error log:

[client ***] PHP Warning:  main() [[a href='function.include']function.include[/a]]: Failed opening '/***/forum/Sources/QueryString.php' for inclusion (include_path='./:/usr/share/pear/php5/') in /***/forum/index.php on line 46
[client ***] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  cleanrequest() in /***/forum/index.php on line 69

Apparently something is going wrong with the QueryString.php, seems I will have to upload it again......
Or are there some known issues with SMF 1.0 beta 5 and php 5?

Ben_S

Check all the files are uploaded, also are you sure those paths are correct?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Louis

Quote from: Ben_S on January 25, 2005, 10:35:40 AM
Check all the files are uploaded,
I will as soon as I get back to my own PC with the files and add the missing ones (NB: Oooops, just saw that the QueryString is missing indeed :o)

Quotealso are you sure those paths are correct?
Which ones? The include path './:/usr/share/pear/php5/' is beyond my control, but the file paths (abbreviated with ***) are correct, triple-checked with the provider and the repair_settings.php

Ben_S

Path is probably correct then, it would have been the missing file that was causing it.

Louis

:)

After uploading the source files it finally seems to work properly.

Thanks for your help, this problem is solved.

bigforo

I have moved to the new server successfully. But I have a little problem, when I login in, I get this error:
QuoteInternal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I go back to the forum I'm loged in. Can U help me?

Ben_S

Does the apache error log show anything?

[Unknown]

This is the ";id" problem.  There's a mod on the mod site to fix this.

-[Unknown]

bigforo

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 25, 2005, 09:42:10 PM
This is the ";id" problem.  There's a mod on the mod site to fix this.

-[Unknown]

OK, did that everything looks good. I installed the package and no error. BUT,
when i go to the Attachment Manager and click od some attached file, it shows the same error as above.
Is the same id problem that is overlooked ?

Advertisement: