[SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.6

Started by JayBachatero, February 22, 2007, 12:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayle

I'm not sure if it's been addressed or fixed, but I converted from 3.6.4 back in November '07, and recently was made aware that the email privacy was set to public. Just a heads up. A simple SQL update query fixed the issue, though.

shellyd

No clear answer or I missed it, Have the issues with vb 3.6.8 been addresses, can you convert from vb 3.6.8 to smf?

Thanks

JayBachatero

Quote from: shellyd on April 04, 2008, 09:25:29 AM
No clear answer or I missed it, Have the issues with vb 3.6.8 been addresses, can you convert from vb 3.6.8 to smf?

Thanks
What were the issues with 3.6.8?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

XVanish

I tried different converters+sql file but no results.

Can I convert from vBulletin 3.6.7 to SMF 2.0? If yes please provide me the files.

Thank You!

SleePy

Use the sql file along with the convert.php linked to one the first post of this topic.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

XVanish

I did but it's not working. I laso tried several versions and still nothing... now I installed smf 1.1.4 then I'll make the conversion and if it's working I will upgrade it to 2.0 after all is ok.

I hope this way will work.

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

XVanish

Well... first I tried on smf 2.0 to use the converter for vb 3.6.x but it wont start saying that it can't find the config for vb 3.6, atfer that I tried 3.5 and it was the same, last night I installed smf 1.1.4 and used the converter vb 3.6 to smf 1.1.4 or 1.1.2 and did not work eather because it couldn't find the path to the files but the convert.php and sql file were there... after that I started it manually (step1) and it said that the size of the sql file (if I remember correctly) is to big and that it's trying to rewrite some space but It did nothing... I have dedicated server, free space I have alot, unlimited trafic, etc etc so there is no problem with the server...

Now I installed from scratch smf 1.1.4 and now I'm waiting for one good converter from vb 3.6.7 to smf 1.1.4... then if it's working ok I will upgrade smf 1.1.4 to 2.0 and so I hope it will work...

How can you help me here? Ty!

XVanish

Ok, I installed a fresh smf 1.1.4, uploaded the convert.php + vbulletin36_to_smf.sql in my smf directory, started convert.php and i have again this error:

"Unable to find the settings for vBulletin 3.6. Please double check the path and try again."

The path is exactly the one where my files are: /home/xvanish/public_html/smf

What can I do in your opinion? I need one working solution.

Thank you!

XVanish

Nothing... forced converting with those files (convert.php?step=1) tells me alot of errors in multiple lines...

I really don't know what to do anymore :(

I saw that the php file is for version smf 1.1 and the sql file is for:

---~ name: "vBulletin 3.6"
/******************************************************************************/
---~ version: "SMF 1.1.2"

It's not attached the right .sql file or what?

SleePy

Make sure the paths are correct.
One path is to your SMF forum and the other path is to your vb forum. These should be two different paths.
You will also need to enter you SMF mysql password for security reasons.

The converters do not yet convert to SMF 2.0 either. If you want to convert and use SMF 2.0 you will first have to convert to 1.1 and then upgrade to 2.0. I am sure though that sometime after 2.0 Final is released that there will be converters for 2.0.

XVanish

I allready know about the fact that there are no convertors for smf 2.0 . I installed a fresh 1.1.4, Romanian language patch and I like it... the only problem that remains (I hope) is converting my db from vb 3.6.7 to the new smf.

Now, if I understand correctly what you wrote I think I found my mistake: at the path to my vb forum I  used the path to my db generated by my admin cpanel from my vb forum, this database I uploaded it to the server where I installed the new smf, in the same folder named temporarely "smf" and now I reallize that I must use the real path to my actual vb forum. If I'm correct there will be like this:

Path to SMF: /home/xvanish/public_html/smf  (smf is the folder where I installed the new smf 1.1.4) - here i upload convert.php + vbulletin36_to_smf.sql

Path to vBulletin 3.6: here I think is my mistake, please explain to me exactly how should the path be... untill now I used: /home/xvanish/public_html/smf/vb (in vb folder I uploaded my vb database)

Thank You!

SleePy

yes. It must be the actual path to vBulletin.
The converter script will read the vB configuration files to find out information like database information and other things (Sometimes).

XVanish

Yes, I got it yesterday, H helped me :) Now I have to resolve some line errors in my big database and I hope it will all be ok.

Thank You!

LiAmmx

Awesome.

Worked perfectly ¡at first try!. I converted myt forum from vb 3.6.8 to smf 1.1.4.
I still see some diferences but nothigs mods can't solve.

I just signed up to thanks you ( and to download the script, of course ;) )

You rock.

aslan5151

o kadar sorunsuz oldu ki  gerçekten burda paylaşım yapan konuyu açan yardım eden herkese çok ama çok teşekkürler

google-hoster

i can't download the attatchment

SleePy

It downloads fine for me :|
What issues are you having with downloading it?

gamecareers

that has to be the most confsing thing ever, you should just put the changelog attached to the post or a direct link in your first post.

I still can't dl it, i get an error so i think i might have to post before i can dl....

I hope this works :S

Advertisement: