[SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.6

Started by JayBachatero, February 22, 2007, 12:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

What error are you getting?

These are converters that we haven't updated to the downloads page. With how many updates and tweaks we perform it would be to hard to keep updating the downloads page :|
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

vinboy

I converted vb 3.7 on my small site.
Everything seems fine except for the avatar.

Well done!!

let me know if you are going to fix the avatar thing.

vinboy

Subscribed notification didn't convert, i think. but it's just small issue, dun worry about it.

vinboy

hi JayBachatero
I got the avatar to go.

here is the diff:
513c513
< elseif (!copy($vb_settings['avatarpath'] . '/avatar' . $row['userid'] . '_' . $row['avatarrevision'] . '.gif', $attachmentUploadDir . '/' . $newfilename))
---
> elseif (!copy($vb_settings['avatarpath'] . '/avatar' . $row['ID_MEMBER'] . '_' . $row['avatarrevision'] . '.gif', $attachmentUploadDir . '/' . $newfilename))

SleePy

Ahh, looks like a bug :D

I fixed it in our SVN repo (haven't committed it yet though).
Thanks for catching that :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

vinboy

you are welcome :)
by the way, just out of curiousity, how do I become a developmer of SMF?
I'm just asking

SleePy

Spaz21

so i converted from VB 3.7 to SMF 1.1.5.  I noticed a couple things happened.  I'm running TinyPortal and some things seemed to have gotten crosslinked.  For example... i had created an announcement on the main page which was linked to another user account after the conversion.  Also things seemed to get crosslinked in the garage module (which i understand is probably out of your control) but it looks like it took the few garage entries we had done and stuck other names on there....i seem to have most issues sorted out now.... just wondering if you know why these things happened?

SleePy

Most likely because we have not created a vB 3.7 converter yet.
So you are taking a risk to convert with the 3.6 converter.

pmflav

Is there any update on when the following may be fixed in the converter

Known Issues
- Permissions for boards are not converted.
- Membergorups are not converted.

We have a site on VB and this is the only thing stopping us from changing over, we have way to many users  to have to go through and re-create the groups and re-assign them.

Thanks

SleePy

This is no known ETA when they will be fixed..

If you want, you can open a request on the converters request page and ask for an update to include those :)
When time permits and it is next in the list of acknowledged I can try to get to it.

pmflav

Thankyou very much Sleepy, definitely appreciate the effort.

bigi_18

pls i need a help!!!

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

pmflav

Incorrect database name

Pretty much says it all

xyxis_fahim

Same issue here. I've got so annoyed and so replying to this thread.

My SMF DB username is connected to the VB DB..still this

Quote from: bigi_18 on June 13, 2008, 06:50:26 PM
pls i need a help!!!

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

SleePy

Did you enter the right path to the vBulletin directory? That is saying it can't find the database to use and it is trying to use no database.

xyxis_fahim

Ok got it working by reuploading the converter files. Now during the conversation error comes:

Converting...
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    pm.pmid AS ID_PM, pm.touserid AS ID_MEMBER, pm.readtime != 0 AS is_read,
    '-1' AS labels
    FROM `truforum_vb`.pm AS pm
    WHERE pm.folderid != '-1'
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'pm.touserid' in 'field list'

SleePy

Are you sure you have the right version of vb?

Nikolasr

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'nikolasr_pforum'@'localhost' for table '_pizzavbuser'

I have smf on other databse and vbulletin on another database what to do now?

SleePy

Advertisement: