[SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.6

Started by JayBachatero, February 22, 2007, 12:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kix

I've done this twice in the last week on two forums.

One has 10k users and 100k posts.

I had issues with the attachments not working.  300mb's of attachemnts. These never imported into SMF.   

I was storing Vb attachments inside the database.

I tried to use VB admin's fuction to dump these attachments to the file system.   The VBulletin script would error out with memory allocation error ever few records.

phpmyadmin could not browse this attachment table either.

I had to use mysql delete query to delete attachments the vbulletin script errored on. (ie, it would process attachmentID 101 than display error.  To me that ment the next ID was the bad record.  I would try to delete the next higher record number)  It was trial and error.  Delete 1 row, try dump to file system. repeat.

Once these bad records or what ever they are were removed, the vbulletin dump to file system worked great.

Re-ran the converter and now i have attachments!  Well - i have most of them. Lost probably 50 or so attachemnts.

sorry this post is a mess.. :)

jehovah

Quote from: bigi_18 on June 13, 2008, 06:50:26 PM
pls i need a help!!!

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

vbulletin config.php edit :

$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'dbname';
$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = '';
$config['Database']['dbpassword'] = '';
$config['Database']['dbusername'] = 'root';
$config['Database']['servername'] = 'localhost';

O:)

ThorstenE

jehovah, when emulating the config.php you need to change the variables to real values, something like:

$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'mydatabase';
$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = 'vb_';
$config['Database']['dbpassword'] = 'mypassword';
$config['Database']['dbusername'] = 'myuser';
$config['Database']['servername'] = 'localhost';

the error
QuoteIncorrect database name ''
looks like you have not specified a database name in your config.php

Cyberless

hi I used this convert file. But my database is too big. And I have took that error message when I converting posts:

Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2720308 bytes in C:\Appserv\www\convert.php on line 2298

what can I do now? how can I get more limit?

ThorstenE

this is an error from the MySQL-Server.. do you have root access to that server? then you can change the memory limit in my.cnf (configuration file for MySQL)..

Do you know the Converter-Step when this error appeared? I think it was possible during the messages conversion?

Then you can edit the vbulletin36_to_smf.sql and replace:
---* {$to_prefix}messages 200

with
---* {$to_prefix}messages 100
This reduces the simultaneously converted messages from 200 to 100.

kamdica

i am getting the error in image..........please help me out................

ThorstenE

please check Common conversion errors. The MySQL user from SMF must be allowed to read the vBulletin database ..

Martyn334

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getAttachmentFilename() in /home/rct/public_html/convert.php(1097) : eval()'d code on line 26

unsure how to fix this issue..

ThorstenE

the handlin of attachments was changed from SMF 1.1.8 to SMF 1.1.9 and the converter from this topic is still expecting the old attachments, please try the updated converter from our downloads page, direct link:
http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-9_vbulletin36_converter.zip

Martyn334

ok thanks... big issue now.. unsure how it happened..

I first installed in a directory like <ip>/~<username>

i just went to try and change the domain over because i've finished porting from vb to smf now, and suddenly i get this error?

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ThorstenE

the domain name / ip isn't the issue, I believe you specified the wrong absolute path to your vBulletin forum. the path should be similar to the automatically detected path from SMF.

bosanci28

ok,,one litlle problem,need help!

i have install the smf,,working ok,,
(im working w/ vb368)
then  i have uploaded the two files  -vbulletin36_to_smf and the convert.php to the same directory at smf folder on my ftp,,
and i  put  in the browser hxxp:mydomain.com/convert.php [nonactive] and i get that   cant find path...

no my question is,,:  im trying to convert from vb3 6 8 to smf    and im working on a new host server,,,i also have a old host that  i have my forum,,is it possible to do that,,or i need to copy all   folder forum vb, from the old serv and uploaded to the new server?,,and change the path,,or  just bring the  sql database?,,
please someone  give me some ideas what to  do,,thanks

ThorstenE

Our converters need direct access to the source forum: both forums must be on the same server, also the MySQL-User specified in SMF must be allowed to read the vBulletin database..

bosanci28

so you mean,,the vb  the folder from ftp and the database ,,both needs to be in the same server?,,or just the ftp folder where the  vb forum is installed ?,

thanks

ThorstenE

you can use an external database server but both databases (SMF and vBulletin) must be on the same server.

Example:
databases from both forums are located on dbhost.mydomain.com
files from both forums are located on www.mydomain.com

Dryvx

Quote from: xyxis_fahim on July 26, 2008, 04:03:03 PM
Ok got it working by reuploading the converter files. Now during the conversation error comes:

Converting...
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    pm.pmid AS ID_PM, pm.touserid AS ID_MEMBER, pm.readtime != 0 AS is_read,
    '-1' AS labels
    FROM `truforum_vb`.pm AS pm
    WHERE pm.folderid != '-1'
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'pm.touserid' in 'field list'

This also occurred for me as of 10/2/2009.

To fix it, I edited vbulletin36_to_smf.sql line 325.

Before: FROM {$from_prefix}pm;
After: FROM {$from_prefix}pm AS pm;

This allowed it to finish converting this and the remaining sections from what I could tell. However, at the end of the conversion I still had the following error, but since it didn't seem to be related to actually converting anything, I just ignored it. The conversion seems fine, which was from vb 3.6.7 to smf 1.1.10.

-----

vBulletin 3.6 to SMF Converter

Converting...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting smileys... Successful.
Converting attachments... Successful.
Converting avatars... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

Notice: Undefined variable: to_prefix in /obfuscated/forums/convert.php on line 1821
Unsuccessful!
This query:

REPLACE INTO settings (variable, value)
VALUES ('conversion_time', 1254520103),
('conversion_from', 'vbulletin36_to_smf.sql');

Caused the error:

No database selected

-----

Norv

You're right to ignore that last error, it is a little bug in the converter that was fixed meanwhile, and will hopefully not happen again at the next update of the converters.
Thank you for sharing your solution to that problem, I haven't got the chance to take a look at it, but I will.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

tbroush

Hey guys this question might has been answered already, but when you run the convert does it change anything in the vb database or just copies that info and converts into the SMF db. The reason I asked is because I do not want to lose the vb database just yet.

Thanks

Norv

It doesn't change anything in the vb database, just reads from it, so you most certainly shouldn't lose anything.
Like any job on your databases though, please consider making a full backup of your databases before starting it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

rakincool

soy nuevo kiero crear una web facil y ke tenga buenas opciones de edicion como ago ya se colocar dominio pero no se donde crearme una web con buen diseño y plantillas entre otros una editacion buena!!!

att.Rakincool por favor si me puedes ayudar mi msn abajo:

[email protected]

Advertisement: