Coppermine site gone

Started by NukeWorker.com, September 17, 2003, 11:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truecrimson

Thanks for the tip unknown, but when I uncommented that line in php.ini i got a can't find dll error.  I tried again to setup both coppermine, and gallery, tried netpbm, the whole 9 yard again, just keep getting errors.  Even when I explicitly follow directions to the best of my ability.  I had temp directories, netpbm things, and all kind of crap copied into about a dozen places, and nothing worked.  Thanks anyway.

A dedicated, integrated photo album would be a blessing to those of us who really don't understand a lot of this deep technical shtuff.
Wouldn't you like to be a Llama too?

truecrimson

Have looked at photopost, and it looks great, but I'm still saving pennies for a charter membership here, I can't afford to buy commercial software :-[

SpacemanSpiff, I got as confused at that site as anywhere, and if I'm already running apache, PHP etc wouldn't trying to do all that again screw up my current setup?  Right now I have apache 2.0.44,php 4.3.1  i think, active perl(not sure why), on win xp

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance on all of this. 

Spaceman-Spiff

Quote from: truecrimson on October 01, 2003, 08:05:30 PM
SpacemanSpiff, I got as confused at that site as anywhere, and if I'm already running apache, PHP etc wouldn't trying to do all that again screw up my current setup?  Right now I have apache 2.0.44,php 4.3.1  i think, active perl(not sure why), on win xp.
PHP 4.3.1 should have a built in GD library, so you shouldn't need to install anymore stuff like ImageMagick, unless if you need to create GIF files too (GD doesn't support gif files creation). However, I don't know if you need to put an extra option in php.ini or not to run/load the GD library, I don't run my own server, so I'm not that familiar with it.
PHP.net says: "Note:  Since PHP 4.3 there is a bundled version of the GD lib. This bundled version has some additional features like alpha blending, and should be used in preference to the external library since it's codebase is better maintained and more stable." - http://www.php.net/gd -> you should read the Installation part too

btw, does anyone know if the latest Coppermine can read gif files and converts them to pngs?

truecrimson

For some reason mine doesn't seem to have it.  the line in the ini is commented out.  when i uncomment it i get can't find dll.  I took a look at that site, and got lost at the word compile.  I'm sorry but I don't remember "compiling" PHP to begin with, and then they start with the command switches---forget about it.  I guess I'll have to wait until I learn more, or something labeled for "dummies" comes out.   Thanks for the help.

dschwab9

PHP 4.3.X includes GD, but it has to be compiled with it enabled.  That's probably why yours can't find it.

jack

dschwab9, Yes it is possible to include SSI.php in a coppermine template .. but, you need todo two things ..

• modify SSI.php slightly so it can find it's language files
  • rename a couple of coppermine functions - theres not many references, they are to do with sending emails.

The latest version of the coppermine/yse bridge (in the coppermine CVS .. it should work with the public release of the devel version) has working support for 'profile', 'register', and 'logout' buttons without having to use SSI.php (which the old version lacked) :)

jack

truecrimson, you will probably find that any advanced photo gallery application will require one of GD, InamgeMagick or netpbm to be functioning.

If the application is gonna do things like generate thumbnail images for you, the it will almost certainly be using one of those libraries. Photopost is no exception.

Spaceman-Spiff

don't you just need to add --with-gd somewhere, and it will work?
i'm still using php 4.23 myself at home...

dschwab9

Quote from: Spaceman-Spiff on October 02, 2003, 12:39:08 PM
don't you just need to add --with-gd somewhere, and it will work?

Yes, you add --with-gd to the ./configure line in Linux.  Not sure how you do it on windows.  I've never compiled anything on a windows box  :-X

How is the progress of the smf mod for coppermine? i'd like to install coppermine but only if it integrates with smf.

roboter88

Quote from: kegobeer on September 09, 2004, 12:08:42 PM
QuoteI would really love to see a gallery mod or ported coppermine for SMF

Coppemine comes with a bridge file that works with SMF.  It allows Coppermine to use your SMF users instead of the system that Coppermine uses by default.  Then it's just a matter of designing a Coppermine theme that matches your SMF theme.  Check out my site, I use SMF and Coppermine together.  The only limitation right now is the inability to use SMF's SSI.php file from within Coppermine, but the next release fixes that.

i check this out the next days....

kegobeer

QuoteHow is the progress of the smf mod for coppermine? i'd like to install coppermine but only if it integrates with smf.

If you mean the bridge between Coppermine and SMF, it's been done for a long time.  I use SMF and Coppermine on my site without any problems.  The bridge allows Coppermine to use your SMF user tables, so your forum members are members of Coppermine.  Coppermine also grabs the SMF groups and uses them instead of the default Coppermine groups.  Very simple to use.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

[Unknown]

Quote from: dschwab9 on October 02, 2003, 01:40:03 PM
Yes, you add --with-gd to the ./configure line in Linux.  Not sure how you do it on windows.  I've never compiled anything on a windows box  :-X

All I can say is... it's a big pain.  I've done it, because I wanted to test a patch I sent in (fixing that darn session.save_path bug!!) but it took hours to get it to compile *properly* in my Visual Studio.  Stupid thing.  I should have tried for cygwin.

-[Unknown]

roboter88

Very kewl i just noticed coppermine uses SMF technology :P

hehe - and if you intrested i use coppermine since i found it on this french surfer site :)
(if this were u, anyway)

I just upgraded to the latest coppermine and bridged to SMF Rc1

Here you can read it  /cpg1.3.2/cpg132/docs/index.htm#integrating_bridge_start

You must edit the /bridge/smf.inc.php  and /include/init.inc.php

cheers

And this SMF bridge is in coppermine since 1.2 or something....Its inside the standalone inside the /bridges folder
Bridge to Simple Machines Forum (SMF) - April 2004, Jack

related link:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=2637.0

shadowdancer77

Coppermine is easy as hell if you ask me. Had it up and running in mins. No compatiblity issues or anything. Now PHOTOPOST  :-X don't get me started. I hate I even paid for this mess. I'm having nothing but issues, and support only answer what they feel like answering. Save your money and go with whats free!

Advertisement: