News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Flashchat

Started by a7upstr8, February 24, 2007, 02:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a7upstr8

I installed tufats flashchat, although it hasn't been tested with
1.1.2 I was bold and installed it anyway....everything went well
with only two problems:

The chat button now appears twice on the top of the forum (both work)
and the who's online list appears twice. Twice is better than not at all

How do I remove one of the chat buttons
and one of the who's online lists?

dscubed

Well, I think that in the directions of installign flashchat with SMF, there is a thing where you have to edit a PHP file.  I think you may just have replaced something a few to many times there.

H a S a N

Let me Help you.
Follow these steps
1)Open Index.template.php file (It is located in the Themes Folder,Open the folder of the theme you are using)

2)you should look up this line
   // FlashChat!
   if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
      echo ($current_action == 'chat' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'chat' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat">' , $txt['fc_chat'] , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'chat' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

If there are two then delete one of them.

Here you go ;)

a7upstr8

Thank you!
Quote from: Sharingan_Ninja on February 25, 2007, 09:25:09 AM
Let me Help you.
Follow these steps
1)Open Index.template.php file (It is located in the Themes Folder,Open the folder of the theme you are using)

2)you should look up this line
   // FlashChat!
   if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
      echo ($current_action == 'chat' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'chat' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat">' , $txt['fc_chat'] , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'chat' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

If there are two then delete one of them.

Here you go ;)

a7upstr8

Quote from: dscubed on February 25, 2007, 12:38:37 AM
Well, I think that in the directions of installign flashchat with SMF, there is a thing where you have to edit a PHP file.  I think you may just have replaced something a few to many times there.

I think tufats flashchat installed a button & the who's online list
(the installation asks what version of smf you are using)
and the SMF Flash Chat Integration installed both as well
I didnt edit any files

Advertisement: