Spell Check

Started by BamBamm, August 16, 2004, 12:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBamm

How do I enable spellcheck on my forums?

Tristan Perry

Admin >> Edit Features and options

And it's one of them under there  :)

BamBamm

I thank you,
but I have been through there and I can not find it.

Peter Duggan

Edit Features and Options -> Basic Forum Features -> Enable spell checking (this does not work on all servers!)

Count down 20 question marks to find it, but note the help text:

QuoteEnable spell checking. You MUST have the pspell library installed on your server and your PHP configuration set up to use the pspell library. Your server DOES appear to have this set up.

BamBamm

QuoteYour server DOES appear to have this set up.
Is that for my server?
QuoteYou MUST have the pspell library installed on your server
What is this, where do I get it?

BamBamm

Found it,
Sorry I over looked it.

QuoteEnable spell checking. You MUST have the pspell library installed on your server and your PHP configuration set up to use the pspell library. Your server DOES NOT appear to have this set up.

[Unknown]

Tell your host you need Aspell .50 installed, and PHP compiled with --with-pspell.

-[Unknown]

BamBamm

I am my own host, where do I get this?

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

BamBamm

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Eddy Newell

Quote from: Peter Duggan on August 16, 2004, 05:28:14 PM
Edit Features and Options -> Basic Forum Features -> Enable spell checking (this does not work on all servers!)

Count down 20 question marks to find it, but note the help text:

QuoteEnable spell checking. You MUST have the pspell library installed on your server and your PHP configuration set up to use the pspell library. Your server DOES appear to have this set up.

I too, cant find the option to enable spell check in Features and Options. It looks like this:

The check box is not hxxp:there.how [nonactive] can I fix this?

Thanks
Eddy | hxxp:www.eddynewell.com [nonactive]
SMF 1.1 bridged with Coppermine 1.4.9
Working Mods: Custom Action Mod 2.04 | Board Notes 1.0.5 | Merge Double Posts 1.0.5 | SSI NewsArchive 1.3 | Users Online Today Mod 1.4.0b3 | SMF Arcade      1.3.1-MOD-E1.5.1  | Admin Notepad 1.0

Ben_S

It's under Posts and Topics in 1.1
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Eddy Newell

Thank you for the reply. I checked and it appears that my host server isn't set up for it.

Thanks again.
Eddy | hxxp:www.eddynewell.com [nonactive]
SMF 1.1 bridged with Coppermine 1.4.9
Working Mods: Custom Action Mod 2.04 | Board Notes 1.0.5 | Merge Double Posts 1.0.5 | SSI NewsArchive 1.3 | Users Online Today Mod 1.4.0b3 | SMF Arcade      1.3.1-MOD-E1.5.1  | Admin Notepad 1.0

Advertisement: