Request New Language.

Started by GC, March 27, 2006, 05:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GC

Can I request a Macedonian package?

Harzem

You better translate the english package to macedonian, so it can be added to the list ;)

boge

Hi
I translated the forum except for the help directorium, including the images,  www.forum.mkd-mount.org
I will post it for a few days after I check it once again, I have a problem that I need help. I translated the forum to cirylic macedonian language but I can not translate the name of the forum

at Settings.php
$mbname = 'Forum za planinarski sportovi na MKD-MOUNT';      # The name of your forum.

I can not find what is the problem  >:(

at index.macedonian.php I set it

// Character set and right to left?
$txt['lang_character_set'] = 'UTF-8';
$txt['lang_rtl'] = false;

It works fine for everything else

p.s. I change the source code so now it shows the cyrilic form but I would like to do it right so others can use it as well without problem like this  :)

Thanks,

Harzem

Hmm, thanks for the translation :) (I'm not macedonian, btw)

But I can tell you something. You should translate 1.1 RC2 language pack also, since future of SMF is 1.1 series. 1.0.x series will be "old version" in a short while. 1.1 RC2 lang pack has more phrases and some are different from 1.0 pack also.

boge

Thanks but I will see about that further, now I am struggling about this  >:( >:( >:(

I am changing  load.php from

// Some basic information...
   if (!isset($context['html_headers']))
      $context['html_headers'] = '';
   $context['menu_separator'] = !empty($settings['use_image_buttons']) ? ' ' : ' | ';
   $context['session_id'] = &$sc;
   $context['forum_name'] =  &$mbname;

to

// Some basic information...
   if (!isset($context['html_headers']))
      $context['html_headers'] = '';
   $context['menu_separator'] = !empty($settings['use_image_buttons']) ? ' ' : ' | ';
   $context['session_id'] = &$sc;
   $context['forum_name'] = $txt[3000];

where $txt[3000]  is from index.macedonian.php

but in this case it's not showing anything, can you tell me what I am doing wrong

Harzem

I don't know much about this issue. You can ask your question in General English Support board, or SMF coding discussion board. They are much more active boards.

boge

Thanks anyway,
I looked a bit the rc 1.1 , there are some changes in language directorium files, when the final 1.1 will be finished it will be very helpful if there will be a list of changes in those files, it will be lot easier and quicker to update changes from 1.0.7 version.  :D

boge

Hi
Here is the macedonian version www.mkd-mount.org/smf_macedonian.zip including the image files,
the problem is about the cyrilic support for [forum_name], it's not recognizable (http://forum.mkd-mount.org), if someone find a solution please let me know.

Advertisement: