News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Board Password Protector (WILLING TO PAY!!!!)

Started by Altair, February 28, 2007, 07:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altair

Now, I know there is a Board Password mod out there already, the problem with it is it doesn't work with 1.1.2 at all. Well, It will install but then it will not protect the boards. Another factor behind it is that it will not protect child boards. I was wondering if any of you KIND and GENEROUS codes could make on for me that would work and let me use it on Child Boards also. I am in need of it for special PRP Boards for Roleplaying in.

I would be VERY happy if you could do this for me.

Thx much, Altair.

NEMINI

why not use membergroups and permissions instead?  A password could be given away and passed around making it easy for people to subvert your control, and you'd have no idea who was peeking into the forum unless the person posted. 

I'm only asking because I am just curious why people find passworded boards to be a good thing.  I fail to see the benefit and wonder what I am missing.
signatures are boring.

Altair

Because I am using them for Roleplays. I have PRIVATE Topics and there passwords are changed after every use. They have content in them like Mating and stuff like that. If you get my point.

Advertisement: