News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum speed?

Started by khoking, March 02, 2007, 10:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khoking

Has anyone compare the speed or load of SMF put on a server as compare to other forum software for the same amount of database? Is SMF running less resources as compare to VB or IBP?
Kho King
www.ShaShinKi.com
www.PentaxWorld.com

H

I don't know of any offical benchmarks however I remember reading on this board that performance had improved (mem + cpu) when someone switched from phpbb.

vB is known to be quite resource intensive so it wouldn't surprise me if it needed more resources than SMF.

As far IPB, I have no idea.

Benchmarks would be interesting to see. Maybe a third-party (like the team @ opensourcecms) could run some?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Coldfx

Quote from: huw on March 02, 2007, 05:56:20 PM
I don't know of any offical benchmarks however I remember reading on this board that performance had improved (mem + cpu) when someone switched from phpbb.

vB is known to be quite resource intensive so it wouldn't surprise me if it needed more resources than SMF.

As far IPB, I have no idea.

Benchmarks would be interesting to see. Maybe a third-party (like the team @ opensourcecms) could run some?

From sole experience:

phpBB >> SMF >> IPB >> vBulletin

SMF and phpBB are fastest due to simplicitiy.  IPB and vBulletin pack on many more features, found usually in mods of SMF and phpBB.  This is why they're slower, my guess would be.

SCALABIS

Quote from: khoking on March 02, 2007, 10:03:09 AM
Has anyone compare the speed or load of SMF put on a server as compare to other forum software for the same amount of database? Is SMF running less resources as compare to VB or IBP?

Another one interested in seeing some benchmarks relative to Vb versus SMF  2.0
if somenone nows where to see or to find i will also apreciate.
Thanks to all.
hxxp:www.pandora-boxes.net [nonactive] a site dedicated to the study of ST20 processor.

Advertisement: